Position Title: Restaurant (Front of House) Keyholder
Position Type: Part-time
Number of Positions: 1
Remuneration: $10.25 per hour (plus gratuities)
Days Required to Work: Monday – Friday (potential for weekend work)
Hours of work range from: 10 am – 11pm & evenings for pub nights and special events
The Scarborough Campus Students’ Union (SCSU) is the not-for-profit organization that represents all Full-Time and Part-Time Undergraduate Students at the University of Toronto at Scarborough (UTSC), and provides to its members a broad range of services and events. The Student Centre is operated by SCSU and serves as the central hub of student life and services in the UTSC community.
Rex’s Den Restaurant, located at the lower level of the UTSC Student Centre, is the leading food services provider for UTSC, and is owned but not operated by SCSU. It provides the UTSC community with a dynamic, multi-purpose venue that encourages social interaction and offers a wide variety of high-quality, affordable food and entertainment options.
Recognizing that the Keyholder’s functions embrace a broad range of roles and responsibilities, it is important to note that not all responsibilities are contained within this position description, and the position itself will be ever-changing and adaptive. Nevertheless, specific roles and responsibilities allocated to this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the lead for quality and efficient guest service;
-perform opening and closing duties
-be responsible for cash-outs of the till
- Record patrons’ orders and place such with kitchen staff noting any special preparation requests;
- Serve all food and beverage in proper sequence and monitor all tables in assigned work areas;
- Perform cash-outs, voids and complimentary items;
- Responsible for all opening and closing duties
- Listen and handle all guest concerns;
- Minimum of two years experience with a full service establishment is an asset;
- Joint Health & Safety Knowledge and Standard First-Aid CPR-C training (arrangements can be made);
- Must be SMARTSERVE
- Must be certified with the University of Toronto’s Server Training Program (arrangements will be made prior to the start of your employment);
- PixelPoint POS knowledge is recommended, but not required;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and access to email is essential;
- Flexible, must be able to shift to other functions and priorities as needs change;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are an asset; and
- Self motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to stand for 6-8 hours and lift up to 30lbs.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT:
- Clear and defined goals and objectives.
- Training will be provided.
- A fast-paced and rapidly growing organization.
- A professionally managed, results-driven team atmosphere.
- The ability to earn more responsibility and creative freedom as you demonstrate the ability to handle more duties.
PLEASE NOTE: Rex’s Den is an independently incorporated organization working within the University of Toronto community. This position is NOT a University of Toronto staff position.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Interested candidates should send their availability, résumé & cover letter. All applications should be received via e-mail or dropped off to SCSU in a sealed envelope by bold*Wednesday November 28th at 5pm.*bold
We thank all who apply, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Vice-President Human Resources
Member of the Canadian Federation of Students, Local 99
SCSU is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified persons to apply for job vacancies!