Purpose of the position
To add 2 full time Class 4 certified Power Engineers to assist the Chief Engineer/Maintenance Manager in operating, maintaining, and managing our processing plant that uses, but is not limited to, equipment such as: boilers, refrigeration units, motors, generators, pumps, etc. This opportunity will give the successful candidate a chance to learn from our existing team of 10 and grow with the company.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Help design and build equipment, as most is done in house,
- Ensure that safety codes and other applicable regulations are followed,
- Use computerized systems to control, start, shut down and track the operation of boilers and related equipment; or use automatic or manual controls,
- Monitor alarms, gauges and other instruments associated with plant operations,
- Trouble shoot and take corrective action to prevent equipment or system failures,
- Isolate and lock out equipment mechanically and electrically for inspection and repair,
- Ensure that equipment and processes operate at maximum efficiency,
- Assist in the development of operation, maintenance and safety procedures,
- Maintain a daily log of operation, maintenance and safety activities,
- Investigate and report on safety related accidents or incidents,
- Write reports about plant operation.
Trade Qualifications, Experience and Skills
4th Class Power Engineer Certificate for BC or IP TQ with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Knowledge of, but not limited to: Refrigeration Systems (Ammonia and Glycol), High Pressure Boilers, Pumps, Compressors, Motors, Valves, Gauges, Alarms, Meters, Hand Tools, Water and Waste treatment, Pneumatic Controls, Electrical and General Maintenance as required. Having a hands on approach, and experience working with trades will be essential. You should have good vision, hearing, manual dexterity and eye-hand co-ordination, good communication skills, good organizational and decision making skills, and the ability to work well with others. Finally, the candidate must be able to lift a weight of up to 50lbs. HACCP would be considered an asset as well as welding experience. Weekends and OT will be required as needed.
The experience that the successful 4th Class Power Engineer will gain from this position will be invaluable in their future.