Sbarro Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced environment, dedicated team.
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Outlet Collection, NOTL, OntarioMay 25, 2015
First time managers so they are still figuring things out, overall positive work experience. Large tourist area so it got very busy and fast paced.
Pros
Free lunch.
I worked in Sbarro for an year and I was not happy with the managment that is the reason i am looking for another job
Regional Kitchen Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
I started working in Sbarro as a cook and , slowly slowly after gaining my experience , i became the regional training manager in the kitchen , but the work enviorment got disturbed ,due to which it became to to work in there.And moreover , wheather you work in kitchen or anywhere , you are paid the basic salory (minimum wage )
Hostile environment with a terrible manager
Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2014
I worked at Sbarro for 3 months and I hated it. I was one of two kitchen helpers (one of which had only 1 3-hour shift per week) and ran the whole kitchen and did everything but make pizza for the entire store. I quit after telling my boss I needed 4 days off for a leadership camp and he failed to tell me he was going to Calgary for a week within the same time as my trip. The other guy that I mentioned never picked up his phone. So I quit after he told me I couldn't go. He also barely spoke english and I am pretty sure we broke about 1,000 health and safety laws every day.
Pros
free pizza/fountain drinks
Cons
everything/unpredictable hours
happy workers
Manager / OIC (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 21, 2013
just love my job
sbarro helped alot in terms of financial needs and experience
my co-workers does great job too
Overall, the experience was good.
Italian Food Maker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2013
I like cooking hence I enjoyed the job. Even though the starting salary was a bit low (9$ an hour) it was raised based on my performance.
Pros
free food
Cons
sometimes it gets extremely busy with less workers and becomes difficult to handle.
satisfactory
Supervisor / Pasta Chef (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 23, 2012
i gain a lot of experience while working her and the management is good and there are easy relationship with the staff...