Sbarro Employee Reviews

great experience to w
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Canada20 January 2017
I started as a part time work, and ended as full time with in a month, as the company was really good that they were willing to train their employees in all functional areas. (interested staffs only, Full time)

my daily routine at work as a kitchen person was to make pasta, sauce, salads, and other condiments. later they thought me to make pizzas as well and maintaining the quality of service is a must and working hard at all times. I was then given the charge the charge of the whole outlet as I was knowing everything about the outlet and how to run it, even if the superiors are not available.
Pros
Good place and management was really good and understanding helping, motivating.
Cons
No cons yet.
Excellent Work Environment
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
I would greatly recommend Gateway Casinos & Entertainment as the first employer to anyone seeking a career in the hospitality industry. Working here at the Grand Villa Casinos Food Court was a great experience.~
Overall, the experience was good.
Italian Food Maker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2013
I like cooking hence I enjoyed the job. Even though the starting salary was a bit low (9$ an hour) it was raised based on my performance.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Sometimes it gets extremely busy with less workers and becomes difficult to handle.
Not a great experience overall
Cashier, Server, Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2014
A typical day at work was always busy. I learned many different skills as this was my first job in a food-environment. The only huge problem I encountered was management always picked on me for no reason. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking for 8 hours straight but the most enjoyable part would probably be taking home free pizza. This was definitely a different experience for me.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Long hours, bad management, not too flexible with my schedule
A typical day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2015
I use to open the store, prepare everything for the day. set up the counter. get ready for lunch rush hour. prepare samples.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, minimum pay, all around work
Hostile environment with a terrible manager
Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2014
I worked at Sbarro for 3 months and I hated it. I was one of two kitchen helpers (one of which had only 1 3-hour shift per week) and ran the whole kitchen and did everything but make pizza for the entire store. I quit after telling my boss I needed 4 days off for a leadership camp and he failed to tell me he was going to Calgary for a week within the same time as my trip. The other guy that I mentioned never picked up his phone. So I quit after he told me I couldn't go. He also barely spoke english and I am pretty sure we broke about 1,000 health and safety laws every day.
Pros
Free Pizza/Fountain drinks
Cons
everything/unpredictable hours
I worked in Sbarro for an year and I was not happy with the managment that is the reason i am looking for another job
Regional Kitchen Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2015
I started working in Sbarro as a cook and , slowly slowly after gaining my experience , i became the regional training manager in the kitchen , but the work enviorment got disturbed ,due to which it became to to work in there.And moreover , wheather you work in kitchen or anywhere , you are paid the basic salory (minimum wage )
satisfactory
Supervisor / Pasta Chef (Former Employee) –  Philippines23 September 2012
i gain a lot of experience while working her and the management is good and there are easy relationship with the staff...
Fast paced environment, dedicated team.
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Outlet Collection, NOTL, Ontario25 May 2015
First time managers so they are still figuring things out, overall positive work experience. Large tourist area so it got very busy and fast paced.
Pros
Free lunch.
Fun workplace
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Philippines15 January 2014
Inside the mall. Many customers. Ok with part time or full time employees.
Pros
With shifting schedule, Free food
Cons
Customer orientated
happy workers
Manager / OIC (Current Employee) –  Philippines21 December 2013
just love my job
sbarro helped alot in terms of financial needs and experience
my co-workers does great job too