SBA Communications Employee Reviews

Love the work
Tower Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 June 2017
As close to my dream job as I've ever come. Challenging and rewarding work. Involves some travel. If you love to climb and work at heights of 200 to 300 feet you will enjoy this.
Pros
Climbing
Cons
A few 24 hour work days
Mediocre company
Management (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL8 May 2017
Work there for almost 5 years. Little pay, management in the Accounting Department is below average. They fear they will lose their jobs and there is a lot lack of trust. They do not value their employees or their contributions.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of job security, weak management
Great Company on the Tower side
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO11 April 2017
A lot of great people work here. They are worth more than what they do on an everyday basis. You tend to work many hours on the Construction side and the people hat you have to work with you are to busy to get their own jobs completed. The tower division is the most important side of this company so they do not look at the construction as a part of the company.
Pros
Some great people in the company
Cons
Need to pay more attention to our employees, need more communication to your employees, need to train your employees instead of ignore them.
fun and growing work place
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL10 April 2017
SBA is a good environment to work at. They have wonderful management skills, and also they make sure employees are comfortable. They have different activity for every holiday. flex schedule and great team atmosphere. The ability to move within the same company, the ability to transfer to another company.
Pros
good communication
Cons
good benefits
OK Company
CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO14 March 2017
Good company. They tried to be successful in the construction area but failed. TCM was a complete failure. Local leadership was great and so was senior leadership.
Great Company that cares about its employees
Regional Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CO23 February 2017
SBA is a company that cares for its employees and encourages growth with each of its employees. In general, the executive management is solid and, unlike many other companies, communication within the company's individual parts flows consistently which helps the success that SBA has achieved. Overall, a good company in which to work.
I quit!
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton14 December 2016
I worked at SBA Communications and it was a bad experience. I worked my tail off because that's what I learned to do at my old jobs before SBA. Half of the people at SBA would be shopping on the internet, talking in their cubicals, reading books, playing games on their iPads, talking on their cellphones, dancing and singing in the isles while the other half which included me, worked. Some even left a few times a day to go for long walks while some others found it hard to get a break for lunch.
The building is nice, I especially liked the cafe and gym, and I made some friends but the office was too loud and wild to concentrate and the atmosphere was not at all professional so that bothered me. It was getting too frustrating and if you complain to Human Resources like they tell you to do, you get fired, so forget that! I left when I had enough! I got another job where EVERYONE works. No noise, no frustration, no more.
Pros
Some of my coworkers, the cafe, the gym
Cons
Noisy, unprofessional workplace and managers, coworkers don't work and play around and managers look the other way, too frustrating if you come to work to do work
Fun Place and Great Co-Workers
PROCESSING ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL1 November 2016
The interaction with co-workers is great, nice work environment. I was able to work independently which I really enjoy.
Cons
Micromanagement
aweful
Real Estate Leasing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL7 August 2016
The worst place I ever worked! It wasn't about the job you performed. It was about stroking egos of workers who were not qualified to get the job completed. Very hostile working environment with no room for growth. High turnover and bullying.
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CR4 July 2016
Provide overall New Tower Build project accounting support, to staff in areas to include but not limited to billing, creating and receiving purchase orders, change orders, and updating of trackers, zoning and building permit applications, the processing of lease and title documents and the tracking / reporting to status of these documents. Liaison with departments both locally and in US headquarters; Legal, Leasing, Site Administration,
Shared Services and Financial Accounting for accuracy and data submission.

Responsible for overall NTB project accounting support, tower development job setup and creation of and receivables for purchase orders, coding of invoices, including working with the Shared Services Department and coordinate payments of such, create new vendors and work with the vendor database team to ensure compliance on insurance requirements, responsible for uploading budgets into the web estimator for all new projects.

Want to know more about SBA Communications?

Ask a question
Services is tanking
Civil (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA27 May 2016
Worked my butt off here for 4 years, got kicked to the curb when they brought a new territory manager corporate yes man in. Took a project based position after being layed off for 4 months hoping it would lead to another full time gig. They sent me two states away with no vehicle, had to have my family drive me there. Never compensated me for the trip out there. Was kicking butt getting work done but they bid everything too low so they were stingy with hrs. Went four days not being able to eat anything cause I was broke coming out there. Per diem is stone age scale. I asked to borrow a vehicle for a weekend to get groceries and they said no, when they said whenever I needed one to ask when I first came out. I loved the work but SBA definetly needs to start treating employees as assets not just replaceable cogs.
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Poor per diem, management, dont care about people
Good Company
worker bee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL25 May 2016
A lot has changed in the last 2 years since I started. The company has moved into a really nice new building. The company keeps growing and is doing really well. For the most part, the people that work here are pretty cool. I always think its funny when someone reviews a company and is still working there and says that the company is no good. I don't see any recent reviews that say that here. I like it here. Work is work and you should expect to work when you are at work. We still have people here that don't do a very good job and they blame everyone else when they screw up. good news, those days are starting to be over....
Pros
Very successful company
Cons
The people that dont like it here should just leave.
Growing Company
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL6 April 2016
In the past six years this company has shot to the top in reaching goals. The culture has gone more internationally focused and is branching out strongly. Part of the job functions have been changed due to the expansions and there are new systems in place reducing the need for strong accounting people. Currently they are transitioning and outsourcing many of the jobs due to process improvements.

The team environment is strong and co-workers supportive.
Pros
Bonus structure and team building
Cons
Healthcare
Love my job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL2 April 2016
My day is always full, there is always a challenge and an opportunity to learn something new. I enjoy working with our team of employees.

It's enjoyable to have a collaborative group of fellow stall that work hard and smart to accomplish goals.
Pros
cafeteria, gym, new building
Cons
Management is out of touch with staff
Great Benefits
Foreman Civil Services (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FL3 March 2016
SBA has great benefits but a lack of management or scheduling skills. The people are great to work with. The home to work life balance could use some attention as a lot of work also gets brought home.
A good company
Tower Hand II (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX28 January 2016
overall they are a great company great benifits ok pay great team.
They will train you on everthing you need to know and use in the field.
some decent managers, but not in the Denver office
construction supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO4 January 2016
Ok company, pay could be better. the management in the Denver office is too busy trying to play office politics to get their jobs done. I have worked with management in the Chicago office and did not have this issue with the managers there.
Construction super
Construction Supervisor South West Region (Current Employee) –  AZ , NM, NV17 December 2015
Run day to day operations in three states I work with multiple subs on multiple project do site walks site inspection meet with city planners you name it I can do it
Terrible
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL30 October 2015
Terrible company to work for. SBA is very profitable company that pays extremely low wages to workers. Management treats employees like they are in a sweat shop. If you complain about being treated poorly to HR they will fire you.

NO room for growth. Wages are easily 30 pct under average.

Extremely stressful and uncomfortable working environment. You can't trust anybody.

You'd expect much more from a well known company. All they care about is their shareholders, that's it.

I would not recommend working here if you want long term stability.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No stability, management throws you under the bus, lots of turnover.
Nice environment.
Project Coordinator- Site Development (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton8 September 2015
Big company, good stock price. But low salaries. Could have better systems and database to perform work. Company has grown lately, not easy to meet all the employees, an often get together will be terrific. Good environment.
Pros
good environment
Cons
lack of management in some depatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBA Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9