SBA Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
some decent managers, but not in the Denver office
construction supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
Ok company, pay could be better. the management in the Denver office is too busy trying to play office politics to get their jobs done. I have worked with management in the Chicago office and did not have this issue with the managers there.
Construction super
Construction Supervisor South West Region (Current Employee), AZ , NM, NVDecember 17, 2015
Run day to day operations in three states I work with multiple subs on multiple project do site walks site inspection meet with city planners you name it I can do it
Terrible
anonymous (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 30, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: No stability, management throws you under the bus, lots of turnover.
Terrible company to work for. SBA is very profitable company that pays extremely low wages to workers. Management treats employees like they are in a sweat shop. If you complain about being treated poorly to HR they will fire you.

NO room for growth. Wages are easily 30 pct under average.

Extremely stressful and uncomfortable working environment. You can't trust anybody.

You'd expect much more from a well known company. All they care about is their shareholders, that's it.

I would not recommend working here if you want long term stability.
Nice environment.
Project Coordinator- Site Development (Current Employee), Boca RatonSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: lack of management in some depatment
Big company, good stock price. But low salaries. Could have better systems and database to perform work. Company has grown lately, not easy to meet all the employees, an often get together will be terrific. Good environment.
Nice workplace with not so Nice atmosphere
Customer Sevice (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Nice new building with a cafe
Cons: Negative coworkers, poor leadership and
Although SBA is a pretty decent place to work, there are adjustments that could be made at the leadership level to keep subordinate employees content.
From MY experience, leadership/management either lacks a strong presence or is extremely temperamental. There are many moments when nepotism is displayed, which is discouraging for those of us who maintain a strong work ethnic and professionalism.
The new building where the headquarters are located is beautiful and full of light however some of the negative employees create a cloud of gloom on most work days.
Enjoyed working at SBA
Closeout Coordinator (Former Employee), Work from homeJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Work from home, plan your own day as long as the job gets done
Cons: Stress
SBA is a Telecommunications company. I would recommend SBA to anyone looking for a career. A place where you learn something new everyday and never get bored with the same old thing. Many wonderful people to work with that are helpful in your time of need. More work is completed by end of day when you are not micromanaged and this is always good.
A great safety and quality program
Sr. Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation a fair health care plan
Cons: Low salary
The management were not investing enough time in getting new work and managing the budgets properly. The site development services has their act together the Management of the Construction side of the house were at the office about 30% of the time. They lived two states away.
Company built and repaired cell towers
Expediter/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good pay, excellent benefits
Cons: no one around to ever help.
Responsible for purchase orders, setting up job sites & work orders. Was also the office manager, ordered supplies, inventory control, receptionist duties, filing, customer service, etc. Tracked jobs and purchase orders.
I was a Buyer and I also expedited for Purchasing. Good decent place to work but it was a contract, so it was going to end...no where to advance.
Expeditor/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: excellent pay, per diem, enjoyed job. work wk sun through thurs. kuwait's holy day is friday.
Bought items needed to support the Army in their peace keeping mission during all conflicts in Iraq. Processed bid requests, turned them into purchase orders and supplied goods to US Army. I enjoyed this job very much
Wow...run...don't walk.
Employee (Former Employee), USAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: big company
Cons: work like a slave
The balance between work and real life doesn't exist. The company has many competent people but the structure of the company does not allow time to breathe.
Utilized my sales and property management skills daily.
Real Estate Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent work enviornment.
Cons: no over-time allowed.
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. Founded in 1989 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, SBA is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol: SBAC.

By "Building Better Wireless", SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services.
OK COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Work hand and hand (Current Employee), OcalaOctober 8, 2014
Has its ups and down. Management is all over the place to many people giving orders.that is the only thing I would change on this company.. Great people other than that...
Worst place to work...ever....
Paralegal (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: the work day, the work load, the people you work with, the working environment.
I interviewed for a job at another employer today and found out that they've received 10 resumes from people working at SBA. It should speak volumes that the ENTIRE paralegal pool at SBA is jumping ship.
I Hate Coming In Everyday
Specialist (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: being in this building
The company found out that negative reviews of the company had been posted online. Instead of using that feedback to become a "Best Place to Work", the President of HR singled out accounting, yelled at them for having their own opinions, and told everyone that if they didn't love it, they could leave it. This place is run like a corporation from the 80s and most of the executives have an Alexis Carrington attitude towards business. I was sick in the hospital and SBA called me so many times, I was assigned a social worker to document the harassment. Gossip rules the roost here, so if you're into back stabbing and lying, you'll move up the ladder of success in no time. The manager of Data Management steals your ideas and work as his own. The CEO drives a 12 cylinder BMW while the employees who are not executives have to scramble just for gas money. Greedy corrupt pigs run this place and SBA would be thrilled to gut you and send you up a river if it means adding to their bottom line.
SBA
New Tower Builds Intern (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 8, 2014
Great overall company to work for. Enjoyed my internship throughly and gained a great amount of knowledge working there over the summer.
Fast and Productive place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILMarch 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Extremely Busy workplace
I learned new processes and various responsibilities that managed Work in Process report (WIP) to provide accurate data.
Friendly co-workers.
Fast pace work, with plenty of overtime when working contract.
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee), New Braunfels TexasJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: my own work pace.
Cons: bad communications with leads.
I begin my day very early at the warehouse in order to inventory any parts or pallets that are required for that day or the next. All the equipment and parts are very fimiliar to me due to my expierence with Clear, and Ericsson. I usually work alone to accomplish any of my tasks.
SBA Network Services
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 13, 2014
SBA Communications Corporation is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America.

SBA is a preferred partner for wireless service providers both in the United States and internationally. We have been developing communications sites for wireless service providers for more than 20 years and have owned and operated tower sites for ourselves for more than 10 years - offering our wireless customers in-depth management experience, scale and resources.

Our mission is to be our customers’ first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions. We achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees.
Fun place to work learned alot about cell towers
Site Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 20, 2013
driver mostly for SBA looked for buildings that had room to rent their roof top section for towers,
Fun place to work
Staff Accountant III (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 16, 2013
Pros: nice peeps to work with
Nice peeps to work with and the peeps were fun to hang out with.