SBA Communications Employee Reviews

Services is tanking
Civil (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2016
Worked my butt off here for 4 years, got kicked to the curb when they brought a new territory manager corporate yes man in. Took a project based position after being layed off for 4 months hoping it would lead to another full time gig. They sent me two states away with no vehicle, had to have my family drive me there. Never compensated me for the trip out there. Was kicking butt getting work done but they bid everything too low so they were stingy with hrs. Went four days not being able to eat anything cause I was broke coming out there. Per diem is stone age scale. I asked to borrow a vehicle for a weekend to get groceries and they said no, when they said whenever I needed one to ask when I first came out. I loved the work but SBA definetly needs to start treating employees as assets not just replaceable cogs.
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Poor per diem, management, dont care about people
Growing Company
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 6, 2016
In the past six years this company has shot to the top in reaching goals. The culture has gone more internationally focused and is branching out strongly. Part of the job functions have been changed due to the expansions and there are new systems in place reducing the need for strong accounting people. Currently they are transitioning and outsourcing many of the jobs due to process improvements.

The team environment is strong and co-workers supportive.
Pros
Bonus structure and team building
Cons
Healthcare
Love my job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 2, 2016
My day is always full, there is always a challenge and an opportunity to learn something new. I enjoy working with our team of employees.

It's enjoyable to have a collaborative group of fellow stall that work hard and smart to accomplish goals.
Pros
cafeteria, gym, new building
Cons
Management is out of touch with staff
Great Benefits
Foreman Civil Services (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 3, 2016
SBA has great benefits but a lack of management or scheduling skills. The people are great to work with. The home to work life balance could use some attention as a lot of work also gets brought home.
A good company
Tower Hand II (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 28, 2016
overall they are a great company great benifits ok pay great team.
They will train you on everthing you need to know and use in the field.
some decent managers, but not in the Denver office
construction supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
Ok company, pay could be better. the management in the Denver office is too busy trying to play office politics to get their jobs done. I have worked with management in the Chicago office and did not have this issue with the managers there.
Construction super
Construction Supervisor South West Region (Current Employee) –  AZ , NM, NVDecember 17, 2015
Run day to day operations in three states I work with multiple subs on multiple project do site walks site inspection meet with city planners you name it I can do it
Terrible
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 30, 2015
Terrible company to work for. SBA is very profitable company that pays extremely low wages to workers. Management treats employees like they are in a sweat shop. If you complain about being treated poorly to HR they will fire you.

NO room for growth. Wages are easily 30 pct under average.

Extremely stressful and uncomfortable working environment. You can't trust anybody.

You'd expect much more from a well known company. All they care about is their shareholders, that's it.

I would not recommend working here if you want long term stability.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No stability, management throws you under the bus, lots of turnover.
Nice environment.
Project Coordinator- Site Development (Current Employee) –  Boca RatonSeptember 8, 2015
Big company, good stock price. But low salaries. Could have better systems and database to perform work. Company has grown lately, not easy to meet all the employees, an often get together will be terrific. Good environment.
Pros
good environment
Cons
lack of management in some depatment
Nice workplace with not so Nice atmosphere
Customer Sevice (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2015
Although SBA is a pretty decent place to work, there are adjustments that could be made at the leadership level to keep subordinate employees content.
From MY experience, leadership/management either lacks a strong presence or is extremely temperamental. There are many moments when nepotism is displayed, which is discouraging for those of us who maintain a strong work ethnic and professionalism.
The new building where the headquarters are located is beautiful and full of light however some of the negative employees create a cloud of gloom on most work days.
Pros
Nice new building with a cafe
Cons
Negative coworkers, poor leadership and
Enjoyed working at SBA
Closeout Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 31, 2015
SBA is a Telecommunications company. I would recommend SBA to anyone looking for a career. A place where you learn something new everyday and never get bored with the same old thing. Many wonderful people to work with that are helpful in your time of need. More work is completed by end of day when you are not micromanaged and this is always good.
Pros
Work from home, plan your own day as long as the job gets done
Cons
Stress
A great safety and quality program
Sr. Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2015
The management were not investing enough time in getting new work and managing the budgets properly. The site development services has their act together the Management of the Construction side of the house were at the office about 30% of the time. They lived two states away.
Pros
Paid vacation a fair health care plan
Cons
Low salary
Company built and repaired cell towers
Expediter/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2015
Responsible for purchase orders, setting up job sites & work orders. Was also the office manager, ordered supplies, inventory control, receptionist duties, filing, customer service, etc. Tracked jobs and purchase orders.
Pros
good pay, excellent benefits
Cons
no one around to ever help.
I was a Buyer and I also expedited for Purchasing. Good decent place to work but it was a contract, so it was going to end...no where to advance.
Expeditor/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2015
Bought items needed to support the Army in their peace keeping mission during all conflicts in Iraq. Processed bid requests, turned them into purchase orders and supplied goods to US Army. I enjoyed this job very much
Pros
excellent pay, per diem, enjoyed job. work wk sun through thurs. kuwait's holy day is friday.
Wow...run...don't walk.
Employee (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 12, 2015
The balance between work and real life doesn't exist. The company has many competent people but the structure of the company does not allow time to breathe.
Pros
big company
Cons
work like a slave
Utilized my sales and property management skills daily.
Real Estate Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 29, 2014
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. Founded in 1989 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, SBA is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol: SBAC.

By "Building Better Wireless", SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services.
Pros
excellent work enviornment.
Cons
no over-time allowed.
OK COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Work hand and hand (Current Employee) –  OcalaOctober 8, 2014
Has its ups and down. Management is all over the place to many people giving orders.that is the only thing I would change on this company.. Great people other than that...
Worst place to work...ever....
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 31, 2014
I interviewed for a job at another employer today and found out that they've received 10 resumes from people working at SBA. It should speak volumes that the ENTIRE paralegal pool at SBA is jumping ship.
Pros
none.
Cons
the work day, the work load, the people you work with, the working environment.
I Hate Coming In Everyday
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 26, 2014
The company found out that negative reviews of the company had been posted online. Instead of using that feedback to become a "Best Place to Work", the President of HR singled out accounting, yelled at them for having their own opinions, and told everyone that if they didn't love it, they could leave it. This place is run like a corporation from the 80s and most of the executives have an Alexis Carrington attitude towards business. I was sick in the hospital and SBA called me so many times, I was assigned a social worker to document the harassment. Gossip rules the roost here, so if you're into back stabbing and lying, you'll move up the ladder of success in no time. The manager of Data Management steals your ideas and work as his own. The CEO drives a 12 cylinder BMW while the employees who are not executives have to scramble just for gas money. Greedy corrupt pigs run this place and SBA would be thrilled to gut you and send you up a river if it means adding to their bottom line.
Pros
time off
Cons
being in this building
SBA
New Tower Builds Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 8, 2014
Great overall company to work for. Enjoyed my internship throughly and gained a great amount of knowledge working there over the summer.