SBA Communications Employee Reviews

Services is tanking
Civil (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2016
Worked my butt off here for 4 years, got kicked to the curb when they brought a new territory manager corporate yes man in. Took a project based position after being layed off for 4 months hoping it would lead to another full time gig. They sent me two states away with no vehicle, had to have my family drive me there. Never compensated me for the trip out there. Was kicking butt getting work done but they bid everything too low so they were stingy with hrs. Went four days not being able to eat anything cause I was broke coming out there. Per diem is stone age scale. I asked to borrow a vehicle for a weekend to get groceries and they said no, when they said whenever I needed one to ask when I first came out. I loved the work but SBA definetly needs to start treating employees as assets not just replaceable cogs.
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Poor per diem, management, dont care about people
Growing Company
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 6, 2016
In the past six years this company has shot to the top in reaching goals. The culture has gone more internationally focused and is branching out strongly. Part of the job functions have been changed due to the expansions and there are new systems in place reducing the need for strong accounting people. Currently they are transitioning and outsourcing many of the jobs due to process improvements.

The team environment is strong and co-workers supportive.
Pros
Bonus structure and team building
Cons
Healthcare
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CRJuly 4, 2016
Provide overall New Tower Build project accounting support, to staff in areas to include but not limited to billing, creating and receiving purchase orders, change orders, and updating of trackers, zoning and building permit applications, the processing of lease and title documents and the tracking / reporting to status of these documents. Liaison with departments both locally and in US headquarters; Legal, Leasing, Site Administration,
Shared Services and Financial Accounting for accuracy and data submission.

Responsible for overall NTB project accounting support, tower development job setup and creation of and receivables for purchase orders, coding of invoices, including working with the Shared Services Department and coordinate payments of such, create new vendors and work with the vendor database team to ensure compliance on insurance requirements, responsible for uploading budgets into the web estimator for all new projects.
Love my job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 2, 2016
My day is always full, there is always a challenge and an opportunity to learn something new. I enjoy working with our team of employees.

It's enjoyable to have a collaborative group of fellow stall that work hard and smart to accomplish goals.
Pros
cafeteria, gym, new building
Cons
Management is out of touch with staff
aweful
Real Estate Leasing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 7, 2016
The worst place I ever worked! It wasn't about the job you performed. It was about stroking egos of workers who were not qualified to get the job completed. Very hostile working environment with no room for growth. High turnover and bullying.
Great Benefits
Foreman Civil Services (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 3, 2016
SBA has great benefits but a lack of management or scheduling skills. The people are great to work with. The home to work life balance could use some attention as a lot of work also gets brought home.
some decent managers, but not in the Denver office
construction supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
Ok company, pay could be better. the management in the Denver office is too busy trying to play office politics to get their jobs done. I have worked with management in the Chicago office and did not have this issue with the managers there.
Terrible
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 30, 2015
Terrible company to work for. SBA is very profitable company that pays extremely low wages to workers. Management treats employees like they are in a sweat shop. If you complain about being treated poorly to HR they will fire you.

NO room for growth. Wages are easily 30 pct under average.

Extremely stressful and uncomfortable working environment. You can't trust anybody.

You'd expect much more from a well known company. All they care about is their shareholders, that's it.

I would not recommend working here if you want long term stability.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No stability, management throws you under the bus, lots of turnover.
Construction super
Construction Supervisor South West Region (Current Employee) –  AZ , NM, NVDecember 17, 2015
Run day to day operations in three states I work with multiple subs on multiple project do site walks site inspection meet with city planners you name it I can do it
A good company
Tower Hand II (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 28, 2016
overall they are a great company great benifits ok pay great team.
They will train you on everthing you need to know and use in the field.
Nice workplace with not so Nice atmosphere
Customer Sevice (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2015
Although SBA is a pretty decent place to work, there are adjustments that could be made at the leadership level to keep subordinate employees content.
From MY experience, leadership/management either lacks a strong presence or is extremely temperamental. There are many moments when nepotism is displayed, which is discouraging for those of us who maintain a strong work ethnic and professionalism.
The new building where the headquarters are located is beautiful and full of light however some of the negative employees create a cloud of gloom on most work days.
Pros
Nice new building with a cafe
Cons
Negative coworkers, poor leadership and
Nice environment.
Project Coordinator- Site Development (Current Employee) –  Boca RatonSeptember 8, 2015
Big company, good stock price. But low salaries. Could have better systems and database to perform work. Company has grown lately, not easy to meet all the employees, an often get together will be terrific. Good environment.
Pros
good environment
Cons
lack of management in some depatment
Enjoyed working at SBA
Closeout Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 31, 2015
SBA is a Telecommunications company. I would recommend SBA to anyone looking for a career. A place where you learn something new everyday and never get bored with the same old thing. Many wonderful people to work with that are helpful in your time of need. More work is completed by end of day when you are not micromanaged and this is always good.
Pros
Work from home, plan your own day as long as the job gets done
Cons
Stress
A great safety and quality program
Sr. Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2015
The management were not investing enough time in getting new work and managing the budgets properly. The site development services has their act together the Management of the Construction side of the house were at the office about 30% of the time. They lived two states away.
Pros
Paid vacation a fair health care plan
Cons
Low salary
I was a Buyer and I also expedited for Purchasing. Good decent place to work but it was a contract, so it was going to end...no where to advance.
Expeditor/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2015
Bought items needed to support the Army in their peace keeping mission during all conflicts in Iraq. Processed bid requests, turned them into purchase orders and supplied goods to US Army. I enjoyed this job very much
Pros
excellent pay, per diem, enjoyed job. work wk sun through thurs. kuwait's holy day is friday.
Company built and repaired cell towers
Expediter/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2015
Responsible for purchase orders, setting up job sites & work orders. Was also the office manager, ordered supplies, inventory control, receptionist duties, filing, customer service, etc. Tracked jobs and purchase orders.
Pros
good pay, excellent benefits
Cons
no one around to ever help.
Utilized my sales and property management skills daily.
Real Estate Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 29, 2014
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. Founded in 1989 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, SBA is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol: SBAC.

By "Building Better Wireless", SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services.
Pros
excellent work enviornment.
Cons
no over-time allowed.
Hostile Environment - Poor Management
manager (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonMay 20, 2013
After almost a decade of loyal employment and working in several departments, I can say that the environment is hostile, the people are rude, the management is egomaniacal and don't care about their employees and there is zero room for improvement. Management runs you into the ground, impose imposible deadlines and give you no credit. The communication is non-existant and there are only a handful of people that actually do the work while the others just coast by because they made friends with the right people. It's not what you know but who you know at this company. STAY AWAY!!
Pros
stable industry
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work.Fantastic managment
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 8, 2012
In the short time I have worked for SBA. My experience with them was fantastic. The only downfall was my layoff. I beleave they should have had better forsite. Me quitting my job to go to work for them for only 7 months cost me my position and seniority at my previous employer. Although I value my experience I have gained with SBA and I am thankful for the oppertunity they had gave me. I often think I should have never left my previous employer. If you are given the oppertunity for a position with SBA. I would certainly consider it
Hostile Work Atmosphere, Pay is below Industry Average...
Manager (Former Employee) –  North EastMarch 9, 2013
1) Heavy, Unrealistic Work Load
2) At Times, Hostile Work Environment
3) Little To No Support
4) Overall Pay Is Typically Below Industry Average
5) Tuition Program Is Dismal
6) 401k & Benefits Start is Too Far Out From Initial Hire Date
7) Annual Salary Increase Is Held To The Last Possible Minute, So That Company Can Earn Additional Interest On Your Money
Pros
steady work
Cons
hostile work atmosphere, pay is below industry average....

2.9