Savvis, Inc. Employee Reviews

It pm
Director of Architecture Incentives (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MO17 October 2016
Provide project management over large-scale, top-priority and complex technology initiatives. Managed US Mine budgets of up to $8M and cross-functional teams of up to 25 developers, programmers, analysts and network specialists.
Savvis was bought by CenturyLink
Capacity Manager/Capacity Planner (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO20 November 2016
Savvis was bought by CenturyLink. It is a subsidiary of a larger company. The company that I worked for was bought. It does not exist. The people, the management have largely turned over.
Solid services being offered good place to work as individual contributor
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO28 June 2015
The compensation was very good with incentive bonuses but once purchased by CenturyLink, the bonuses and salary were throttled back significantly. A typical day involved customer meetings, following up on email, developing solutions, and tracking time spent on accounts. Director and above were very temperamental and seemed at odds in a political game that took its toll on the resources.
Pros
work from home and good customers
Cons
politics in the management rhelm.
Good workplace culture
Service Delivery Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MO6 November 2015
There is a good sense of teamwork, however, it was better before CTL bought Savvis. Management does a good job to help their employees balance work and home.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Low pay
A good job
Service Desk Analyst - Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL8 March 2016
I worked as a service desk technician. They were wise enough to understand that no service desk technician needs an office. In the 21st century we were able to work from home.

If you like help desk or service desk work, it is a great job.
Fun Workplace
Service Center Incident Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka15 December 2015
Good work environment and very good peers to encourage.

Challenging work.

No Promotions.

Good place to work.

Good oppurtunity for freshers.
Great Opportunity for True Hunters
Global Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas27 February 2012
If you are a "hunter" and will really put in the time and effort, the compensation, at least in the past has been excellent. That being said, what the effect of the recent purchase by CenturyLink will be on that is hard to determine. Sales management and senior sales management tends to be weak. Focus is more on colocation opportunities than managed services, but still the compensation is good.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes suffer from spotty customer care
Productive, Fun, yet challenging place to work.
Web Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO22 June 2012
Working for a fortune 100 client resolving their web application issues. Management was "normal" typical corporation management. Nothing horrible but nothing shined either. Co-workers were all great, young, and smart. Hardest part of the job was a balance of work and life. The most enjoyable part was the employees were like minded and fun to be around.
Pros
fun culture, good opportunites to advance
Cons
work cut into personal life too much.
Good environment, high tech company in the forefront of technology
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Miami florida21 February 2012
Savvis was a great learning experience that implemented a state of the art, layer 2 internet infrastructure with private network access points being able to provide QoS and SLA's over the internet. Savvis was the first company to use the internet as a B2B delivery mechanism.
Pros
great share profit sharing program, open door executive leadership.
Cons
no cons, except the usual corporation politics.
Great Culture and Smart People
Sr. Director of Professional Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NY8 July 2015
I really enjoyed working within the Financial vertical. People were very knowledgable of the vertical and the sales teams had good relationships with the customer. I still have many friends from my stay at Savvis.
Pros
Great culture and smart people
Cons
Home Office in St Louis was a little out of touch with the NYC Financial vertical Market.
Higher Than Thou
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA30 May 2013
Savvis, an industry leader no doubt, has a very bad reputation amongst customers and potential clients for arrogance. The culture has not changed much, albeit the solutions are very mature and competent. Working at CenturyLink was a great opportunity, until I realized there are still 3 very large multi-billion dollar organizations still having difficulty years later in assimilating solutions, cultures, and selling strategy. Earnings potential is great, but it just depends on how much discombobulation you can put up with. I tend to lean more towards a streamlined organization that might not pay as much on a base, but has more maneuverability.
Pros
good pay, industry leading solutions, good training
Cons
old culture, no inter-company integration, complicated commission structure, LONG pay cycles
Productive and Forward Thinking Place to Work
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 June 2014
A typical day here would be coming in to one of the sites within the city and reviewing installs and maintenance for the facilities projecting out several months. Interfacing with the lead engineers and account managers was a big part of this. The team was very cross functional and we all new how to do every job required of the team. I learned a lot of what I know now about Data Centers while working here. It was very hands on and required participation and team work to get the job done. Management typically allowed me and the team to perform our jobs, with little micromanagement. I worked very closely with my co workers. We accomplished a lot together. Most difficult part of the job was keeping up with multiple client installs at the same time, but not too difficult to handle. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the professionals I worked with and being able to do a lot of the hands on work that helped develop skills we all now have.
Not a Better Place for Employee Growth
Senior Technical Engineer at Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KA24 December 2013
*Not a Better Place for Employee Growth
*Pay/Benefits are less and lots of deduction
*Company Policy is like "Just Work and GO" DO not expect any benefits/allowances
*Management Sucks
image comptuers
HELPDESK SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO2 December 2015
Image computers as requests would come in. Would work tickets that could be assigned to me. Move equipment from users old office to their new office. I would also ship out laptops to different office locations.
Very pleasant palce to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NC30 September 2015
The most enjoyable part about the job was getting along with colleagues and clients. The hardest part of the job was when the incoming staff member called in sick at the last moment.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Driving in inclement weather
This may not still apply...
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA18 November 2014
This company was going through a major transition and overhaul while I was there which contributed to a great deal of mismanagement, volatility, multiple objective changes, and executive shuffling. The people were great, there was work/life/family support initially. They have since been purchased by CenturyLink, so I don't know what the environment is like, could drastically different.
A typical day was like any other fast & furious
Network Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO1 August 2013
There was not much to learn, but I did create a training manual for my group. Management was okay. My co-workers seem to be friendly. The hard part of my job was getting use to the attitudes. Was going home for the day.
Pros
My manager provided free company polo shirts for meeting our goal.
Cons
I would get my break and lunch time in most of the time.
Creating accounts and helping Sales Reps open hundreds of accounts daily.
operations analyst (Current Employee) –  chesterfield10 August 2015
i have not really been given any chance to advance and they are in a hiring freeze, so it's time to move one.
I would like to be able to use the qualities and tools I possess but haven't been given that chance.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no training
Smaller employee driven company
Network Incident Response Specialist (Former Employee) –  MO27 April 2015
Bought by Centurylink and no longer concerned with employees. Upper management was open and aware of employee concerns.
Great Work Environment
JUNIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC8 September 2015
A typical day at work here is very peaceful and quiet. Everyone here is like family we all help and look out for one another to make sure that everybody goes home the same way they showed up...