Savvis, Inc. Employee Reviews

A good job
Service Desk Analyst - Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2016
I worked as a service desk technician. They were wise enough to understand that no service desk technician needs an office. In the 21st century we were able to work from home.

If you like help desk or service desk work, it is a great job.
image comptuers
HELPDESK SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 2, 2015
Image computers as requests would come in. Would work tickets that could be assigned to me. Move equipment from users old office to their new office. I would also ship out laptops to different office locations.
Good workplace culture
Service Delivery Coordinator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MONovember 6, 2015
There is a good sense of teamwork, however, it was better before CTL bought Savvis. Management does a good job to help their employees balance work and home.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Low pay
Fun Workplace
Service Center Incident Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaDecember 15, 2015
Good work environment and very good peers to encourage.

Challenging work.

No Promotions.

Good place to work.

Good oppurtunity for freshers.
Very pleasant palce to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part about the job was getting along with colleagues and clients. The hardest part of the job was when the incoming staff member called in sick at the last moment.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Driving in inclement weather
Solid services being offered good place to work as individual contributor
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2015
The compensation was very good with incentive bonuses but once purchased by CenturyLink, the bonuses and salary were throttled back significantly. A typical day involved customer meetings, following up on email, developing solutions, and tracking time spent on accounts. Director and above were very temperamental and seemed at odds in a political game that took its toll on the resources.
Pros
work from home and good customers
Cons
politics in the management rhelm.
Great Culture and Smart People
Sr. Director of Professional Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working within the Financial vertical. People were very knowledgable of the vertical and the sales teams had good relationships with the customer. I still have many friends from my stay at Savvis.
Pros
Great culture and smart people
Cons
Home Office in St Louis was a little out of touch with the NYC Financial vertical Market.
Creating accounts and helping Sales Reps open hundreds of accounts daily.
operations analyst (Current Employee) –  chesterfieldAugust 10, 2015
i have not really been given any chance to advance and they are in a hiring freeze, so it's time to move one.
I would like to be able to use the qualities and tools I possess but haven't been given that chance.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no training
Great Work Environment
JUNIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work here is very peaceful and quiet. Everyone here is like family we all help and look out for one another to make sure that everybody goes home the same way they showed up...
This may not still apply...
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 18, 2014
This company was going through a major transition and overhaul while I was there which contributed to a great deal of mismanagement, volatility, multiple objective changes, and executive shuffling. The people were great, there was work/life/family support initially. They have since been purchased by CenturyLink, so I don't know what the environment is like, could drastically different.
Relaxed environment, easy to focus
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MONovember 8, 2013
A typical day includes an average workload with an occasional crisis that needs handling. Plenty of time to advance your personal IT knowledge and work with others who share the same sentiment. The hardest part of the job is the technical aspect. Depending on the subject matter you can investigate further or assign to the appropriate team to get a task completed. I enjoy being able to focus without distraction and advance my skillsets.
Very productive work place, responsibility for performance was very high
Network Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2013
SAVVIS was responsible for carrying the Stock Exchange live all over the world, in every market. Responsibility was high and work load was very detail oriented. Triple redundancy was the corner stone to their success with keeping clients happy with the service.
Pros
straight work week monday- friday
Cons
commute was to the lowest area of manhattan and thework shifts start very early in the a.m.
Great Opportunity for True Hunters
Global Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  DallasFebruary 27, 2012
If you are a "hunter" and will really put in the time and effort, the compensation, at least in the past has been excellent. That being said, what the effect of the recent purchase by CenturyLink will be on that is hard to determine. Sales management and senior sales management tends to be weak. Focus is more on colocation opportunities than managed services, but still the compensation is good.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes suffer from spotty customer care
Average when I left in 2010
manager (Former Employee) –  St. LouisFebruary 2, 2012
I left Savvis late in 2010. While there, I worked in a support department. Since I left, Savvis was acquired by CenturyLink, and the manager I worked for has left the company. My ratings reflect my experience there, so someone considering Savvis would be better served to consider reviews of those who have more recent experience with the company.
Pros
flexible about working away from the office;
Cons
tends to highly compensate a few, reactive (vs. planful), siloed (vs. integrated across functions)
Good environment, high tech company in the forefront of technology
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Miami floridaFebruary 21, 2012
Savvis was a great learning experience that implemented a state of the art, layer 2 internet infrastructure with private network access points being able to provide QoS and SLA's over the internet. Savvis was the first company to use the internet as a B2B delivery mechanism.
Pros
great share profit sharing program, open door executive leadership.
Cons
no cons, except the usual corporation politics.
Productive, Fun, yet challenging place to work.
Web Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2012
Working for a fortune 100 client resolving their web application issues. Management was "normal" typical corporation management. Nothing horrible but nothing shined either. Co-workers were all great, young, and smart. Hardest part of the job was a balance of work and life. The most enjoyable part was the employees were like minded and fun to be around.
Pros
fun culture, good opportunites to advance
Cons
work cut into personal life too much.
Overall great company with vertical growth in cloud computing and Hosting area network, as well as colocation facilities.
Network Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMay 16, 2014
Typically started with meetings with customer technical contact to other work specifics such as gathering details for network requirements.
Learned Data Center architecture, including load balancing, firewall rules/set-up and worked with Juniper switches.
A typical day was like any other fast & furious
Network Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 1, 2013
There was not much to learn, but I did create a training manual for my group. Management was okay. My co-workers seem to be friendly. The hard part of my job was getting use to the attitudes. Was going home for the day.
Pros
my manager provided free company polo shirts for meeting our goal.
Cons
i would get my break and lunch time in most of the time.
Higher Than Thou
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 30, 2013
Savvis, an industry leader no doubt, has a very bad reputation amongst customers and potential clients for arrogance. The culture has not changed much, albeit the solutions are very mature and competent. Working at CenturyLink was a great opportunity, until I realized there are still 3 very large multi-billion dollar organizations still having difficulty years later in assimilating solutions, cultures, and selling strategy. Earnings potential is great, but it just depends on how much discombobulation you can put up with. I tend to lean more towards a streamlined organization that might not pay as much on a base, but has more maneuverability.
Pros
good pay, industry leading solutions, good training
Cons
old culture, no inter-company integration, complicated commission structure, long pay cycles
Smaller employee driven company
Network Incident Response Specialist (Former Employee) –  MOApril 27, 2015
Bought by Centurylink and no longer concerned with employees. Upper management was open and aware of employee concerns.