Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Production team member
Production team member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Sorted donations and appraised sellable and unsellable miscellaneous, assured the highest quality items for customers.

Allocated price according to quality and condition (1.400 Average day Items), assured affordable prices for customers.

Communicated clearly and effectively with the other team members to keep quality and price standard.
Best workplace
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON12 May 2017
Working at Value Village is the best experience for me they have a grate team member and you feel comfortable to work and the customers are very nice.
Great routine job
Operations / Productions Team (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 May 2017
I found myself doing the same thing every day. I really like that in a job and the management was great. I had no issue making friends and talking to customers.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
I was only seasonal
Terrible Place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 May 2017
Management is awful and punishes their employees for every wrong move. The atmosphere is depressing and the employees aren't happy. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
Clicky
Assistant Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 May 2017
This is a very easy place to work, job wise. But the staff and management are very clicky. If they do not like you, you know it.
They treat you poorly and with disrespect. I enjoyed working there, for the customers and learning about retail.
Terrible atmosphere with impossible workloads.
Cashier/Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 May 2017
As a production worker, you are required to work unreasonably hard with unreachable quotas. You're treated as slaves by management, in a moldy, dusty environment with no air ventilation. Very little chance for advancement.
Pros
some benifits.
Cons
long hours, bad management
front end supervisor
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 May 2017
not even worth getting into they don't pay people what they are worth. they don't have the same rules for every person its full of favortisim. its not ran properly at all store manager has her head in the clouds and doesn't have a clue on how the store actually runs in real time
Productive and adaptive workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
Management and team members are very easy to get along with. Everyone is very accepting which makes it easy to adapt to the workplace environment. Flexible hours.
I enjoyed my time there
Lead Sorter (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 May 2017
I always enjoyed coming in to work every morning, it never felt like a job to me. I loved how I was able to make my ow changes to the way things were done, and leave my mark on the company.
Great team work
Front end Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 May 2017
I enjoy working here it has shown me allot of different opportunities I just want to do something different now. The management team is great, the overall enviroment is great.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
productive and fun workplace.
Community Donation Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 May 2017
while working there staff and managers are always concerned about your well being and moral to work. also during holidays we were able to have the choice to work in costumes
Pros
free snacks
Very laid back and fun workplace enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON4 May 2017
I have been working at Value Village for almost a year now
The management and other team members are very easy to get along with and make going to work not like work at all. The time flies and on top of all things the you really get to know all the regular customers
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2017
Overall great place to work, flexible hours, great team members and benefits. Always something to do and room to grow. Management was great and the best part was meeting new people and helping customers out
Potential For Greatness
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
Toxic work environment when it comes to management. Team members get a lot of the blame for not hitting sales targets. No room for advancement. Has the potential to do really great things within the community but the company is becoming more and more profit based and forgetting about the community that allows VV to be successful.
Great place to work, with many opportunities
Team Member/Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 April 2017
People of management and supervisors never seem to be on the same page and don't get along well. Team members are so kind and help you out with whatever you might need. You don't have to feel embarrassed asking the team members questions if you forget certain things on the job. Love working here but management could be doing so much more to help out the company. Many team members have ideas but management doesn't listen to us because they're so unorganized.
Pros
Snacks on certain days, fun donation drives (only once a year though), Halloween shop, friendly team members
Cons
Long shifts, intimidating management
Management was not respectful of student employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 April 2017
The management at Value Village were not receptive to the fact that employees, especially student employees, had other demands on their time. Employees were expected to live and breathe the company, even when they were part-time and minimum wage. Frequently yearly reviews were put off many months in order to avoid having to give an employee a raise.
Pros
Discount on products
Awesome
Key Holder/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 April 2017
Awesome company
Great people
Great management
I had the best experience ever working in this company
I miss working here. This company I would recommend to any one
Sales Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2017
I had a lovely experience working with savers, i have nothing bad to say about anybody other then the store manager at the time. other then her this job is ideal for all students.
Pros
pizza parties, quarterly bonus
Cons
Store manager
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
understood what it means to have a team, and that no matter what it takes the work must be done, to be sincere it increased my understanding king environment
I enjoyed to work in a fast paced environment, and helping customers in need.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
The company helps a lot of people, and is currently giving charity on cancer research.

I love the work environment, however, i am only temporary in my position.
Pros
I have the freedom to choose my own schedule, and friendly enviromnent.
Cons
Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9