Save the Children International

Save the Children International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A day at workplace
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee), Dolo-odo, EthiopiaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: long hours
. September 28 2014
. Quick measures of checking mix design of concrete
. i managed to supervise the site easily
. my co-workers have appreciated how i easily implemented
. one of my hardest time was i could not cross the river following
. the most enjoyable part is exchanging experience among our staff
fun work place
Cashier Accountant & Accountant (Current Employee), EthiopiaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: house
Cons: education
Senior Accountant and all related to Finance . and to now more about .
Its a very educative,
Design Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee), HarareOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: job security ( contract and grant based)
My day starts at 8:00 am with a a review of the day's task and prioritising needs, i will then immediately start with latest task at hand. The day ends at 5 pm but if they are pressing tasks iam very flexible to extend to 7pm. I learnt that an individual should take responsibility for personal learning and career development. In addition to that one – more... learns from others inside and outside the organization adopting best practices created by others. Actively produces and disseminates new knowledge. In terms of management i have worked with teams of data entry clerks, research assistants until currently. The most enjoyable part of my job is during evaluations/baselines surveys bring these bring new information which we will use to inform our programming. I am a team player hence i can with with people from various backgrouds/cultures.

. – less
Creative and productive
Documentation Assistant Volunteer (Casual) (Current Employee), Peshawar, PNWSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: yes some times we offen did lunch at 5pm
Cons: and we will break for rest or anything else when will the work stop due to any reason
i had worked in many other organisations but i had liked SAVE THE CHILDREN mostly bcoz i had learned here more creative and productive ideas and things and all the staff and even the supervisors are very very dare to me bcoz the wont bother me on any work in other words they are very coprative and i had enjoyed my job very much
Using plan as a guide to perform any task
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Former Employee), Dar, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Performing tasks with plan and Frequent field travel.
Utilizing different databases & softwares.
great combination between desk work and working in the field
Project Finance Officer (Former Employee), Hochiminh city, VietnamJuly 30, 2014
Cons: long break, healthcare
-Not only working as a finance officer, but also work as a interim auditor with the partner
-That help me to learn how create relationship for being easier in my job when working with the partners
-I have good manager and co-workers
-the hardest part of the job is how to tell the partner give us the report in deadline while they have alot of things – more... to do beside our reports
-the most enjoyable part of the job is after finish monthly report, we go to parnter for interim audit. – less
Good Working Enviroment
IT Manager (Current Employee), NairobiJune 9, 2014
Pros: wide knowledge based and support from global team
Cons: like most ngo's job security is the major thing
My Current job has given me a wide of challenges since being an IT officer to Managerial position. the office is has many branches and quite number of staff.
SBCCS
SBCCS (Current Employee), KampalaApril 21, 2014
The review at work is so good because I have experiences I can share due to this position, my workmates are so good and we work as a team, the most hardest part of this job is climbing the hills and moving on the bad roads to reach out to children but I find it enjoyable at the same time because I have managed to deliver amidst that.
Career Advancement opportunities
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee), KathmanduFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities, efficient management, programmatic technical expertise
Cons: pay scale and advancement is slow
Great team work, and great learning opportunities, yet the career advancement is a great challenge.
exciting work place
Food Security & Livelihoods program Manager (Current Employee), BeirutJanuary 30, 2014
- Working day start at 8:30 ends on 4:30
-I work five working days per week.
-A normal day start with updating other sectors on the tasks of day through a security/ task update meeting.
-after I conduct a small meeting with officers and other coordinators as iam acting program manager and update each one of them on the tasks of the day and what we should – more... prioritize, and in turn they update their checklists and share the information with their teams.
-Hardest part of the job will be when we have a flagging issue from advisers at head office or regional level where we should adapt quickly to the request but in a way also to keep/ensure proper daily operations ongoing without affecting the work plan.
- Part that I enjoyed most is the recruitment of new staff. – less
Recommending best internal control system
Senior Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee), Addis Ababa, EthiopiaOctober 11, 2013
in my previous organization there was no any internal control system to protect fraud or misappropriation staff benefit allowance, due to these significant number of staffs participate by exhibiting or submitted this forgery receipt to the organization to reimburse and settle their advances .we thoroughly investigate the case and recommend practicable – more... internal control system to the organization at the same time all participated staffs should return the money and terminate from the organization. – less
Enjoyable
Logistic & Procurement Officer (Former Employee), Bāmyān, BAM, AfghanistanOctober 5, 2013
Pros: free transport, free lunch
Cons: long hours, good team environment
sometime the most hardest part of my job was communicate with my other colleagues in remote ares during over survey.
most enjoyable part was dealing with vendors, purchasing goods.
getting lots of experience from this positions, working with different organisations. met with different people and finally got lots of knowledge about management.
Hawassa
Admin and Finance officer (Current Employee), EthiopiaJuly 14, 2013
Pros: trnsportation allowance
Cons: medical allowance
-Saturday is my typical Day

-Developing my experience by getting new ideas

-It is the process of Human resource

-Senior and Junior Management

-Working manually,w/out the help of Computerized System

-Team Sprite
A supportive and energized working team.
Manager Education (Former Employee), UgandaMarch 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch and line management support.
Cons: inadequate human resource support.
-Arrival, reviewing the urgent issues at hand, sending off the field team, responding to issues in order of priority, planning for up-coming issues.

-Leading teams, working with partners, child rights based programming and integrated programming.

-Played a role as a mid-level manager and understood the critical dilemmas and skills in management decision – more... making.

-Diverse in cultural and technical composure. Departments are linked and supportive for overall operations and organizational goals.

-Working with Local Government Partners within the operational guidelines.

-Cultural activity engagement. – less
Agreable
To ours Days IT OFFICER - Central African Republic (Former Employee), Bangui - Central African RepublicSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: collaboration avec des gens de différents race et nationalité, respect des staffs
Journée de Travail normal
Travailler sur plusieurs choses, pour un temps très restraint