Save the Children International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
working environment
Deputy program manager (Nutrition) (Former Employee), SomaliaDecember 5, 2015
Pros: working experiance
Cons: very busey job
save the children is very big international NGO and works with local communities in the developing countrirs, my work with SCI was a assesing the chealth and nutritional status of children, ensuring basic medical access to rural population, managing procerements, cash transfers and etc
Productive and rewarding place to work for
Intern (Former Employee), Cochabamba, BoliviaNovember 9, 2015
Pros: excellent environment
Cons: non paid position
Save the Children is a child rights development agency working in over 120 countries to improve the quality of children’s lives through the realization of their rights.

Save the Children is a fun place to work at and the team is beyond wonderful.
very productive
Security and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Beirut LebanonNovember 6, 2015
Competitive, professional, integrity, building capacity, multicultural and multi ethnic organization and full of positive vibes
A good place to work
IT and Admin Officer (Current Employee), Hatfield,PretoriaOctober 23, 2015
Pros: Travelling around the world
I have learnt Fleet management which i never knew how it works.
Doing an intensive asset register and doing disposals aswell.

My IT skills have improved as am working with a good Global team have regular skype meetings once a month discussing challenges one has at work or what they have achieved.
precious experiance
Early childhood care and development coordinator (Current Employee), AmmanSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: Normal hours, chances to learn a lot.
in SCI you can learn a lot, the experience you get from working there is precious.
Like Im ECCD Coordinator at the same time I'm (Trainer, Technical Assistant, Reporter, Coordinator, Facilitator, Materials Developer)
Very good
Project Officer for Literacy Boost Project (Current Employee), Sri LankaSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: healthcare
This is very good opportunity working with Respective official, teachers, Students and Community through the education project. I am very happy working with Save the children and working environment.
its aproductive company and trained job
Child protection officer. (Former Employee), DadaabJuly 2, 2015
Its an international organisation that implements child protection programm in dadaab camps. I have enjoyed working with this company where I have acquired versed experience in dealing with different people.
challenging work environment
Procurement& Logistics Officer (Current Employee), Egypt COJune 27, 2015
a fully busy working day with lots of details on operation control, though that i leaned patience and to be stress tolerance while working with different layers of workers cultures. working with customers and clients with diverse backgrounds is a big challenging work nature at the end of the day i celebrate success of meeting all requests and high level of satisfaction form my clients
west Africa Youth Network
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Wellington Street Freetown Sierra LeoneJune 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: worked on over time without pay
WANE as its commonly called is a local NGO that helps street children with scholarship for schooling

set database for children who are register with us for scholarship and monitor their activities provide schooling materials for them also.
Cooperative and result oriented work place
Child protection officer- Volunteer (Former Employee), Adjumani district (Uganda)May 28, 2015
Save the Children is an organization that operates in quality work with high level of transparency, accountability and flexibility work place
Feel Lucky to have an eXp with SC international
Monitoring and Evaluation/ HISOfficer (Former Employee), Swat, PNWMay 5, 2015
Pros: free tea
Cons: Break Health care
carry out regular field monitoring of program interventions at district level and produce monitoring reports on the given format, conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan;
Fantastic work culture in Save the Children International
LOGISTICS MANAGER - Ebola Response - Sierra Leone (Current Employee), Kerry, ORFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours in case of development programs
SCI is an organization where you can easily be exposed and show your full potential and grow. the management style is participative and individual can independently execute their duties without interference.
educative and adventurous
Research Intern (Current Employee), HarareFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free transport
Cons: working in rural areas
fun
learnt a lot about research
people oriented management
fun loving co-workers
dealing with children was a little bit challenging
meeting diverse people was enjoyable
Sports week and many other's activities
HR ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Mirpur Khas, PSDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: just providing tea.
Cons: prayer's break / lunch break / guest meeting break
1st Day is very typical b/c of you know that about every one .
Good management skills.
Management was very good.
All of co-worker's is very good team player.
Old work / old documentation are revised.
Professionalism is very enjoyable part of the job.
Hardest part of the job
NUTRITION OFFICER (Current Employee), MANDERA,KENYAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: medical cover, training, r&r
my job involves working with children,pregnant women and lactating mothers.Having a child die whether born or unborn as a result of complications arising from malnutrition is a heart wrenching experience
was my first joining in save the children
communitty mobiliser (Former Employee), bhimberJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: all were vgood
Cons: good
in this job project was paiman related to save mothers and babies. here we also train health care providers , reporting mega events of communitty awareness . local events . support groups weekly visits . financial review all duties assigned by d.c or a manger . these are alot i cant write more ,
challenging workplace
Health Administrative Officer (Former Employee), Iloilo City, P06January 8, 2015
Day to day work was challenging. Starts with doing my prioritized work listed on my to do work for the day while giving support to my Manager. As hour pass, work achieved and accomplished regardless of either the work was in the office or in the field. If there is unfinished work, it will be added to my next day of work. I've learned many things in procurement process from drafting PR's to submission and also in management.The management and my co-workers were good. The hardest part of my job was when you have to adjust your time to accommodate all the needs of Health team. And despite of all the hardships I've enjoyed working with different nationality.
A Work place where there are lots of adventures and learning.
Shelter Technician (Former Employee), Clement st., Estancia, Iloilo, PhilippinesDecember 24, 2014
Pros: everything is free
Save the Children International is the first company I have worked. This responses emergencies such as typhoons, earthquakes and etc. We usually worked 9 hours a day and 5 days in a week. there are many things I learned through this company. I learned to handle people by conducting general assemblies and training in every Barangay I handled. I also learned how RESPECT matters to every individual. And also the love and compassion for work matters most for without this, there will be no great success in the project.
My co-workers are nice, we are helping with each other. I learned that to be in a team, unity most worked. The hardest part of the job is to be assigned in the islands, walking more than 7 km within the area everyday, no signal, and the rain or shine cycle upon riding in a rubber-boat in the midst of the sea every time we went home raining.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be with the people in our respective areas. I can see their happiness in their eyes upon seeing us walking towards them.I did fell the hope in their hearts that they could rebuild their houses destroyed by the typhoon. I love them for their hospitality and unending gratitude to the company. And personally, I don't want to leave SCI but my contract is about to end so I preferred to look for some other job opportunities for me.
I do believe that I can have another more enjoyable job to be utter for chances in getting more job opportunities never ends up in just one, two , or three or more failures.
i have learnt a lot here, save the children indeed built my personality and make me professionally sound.whatever i an today has 90% contribution of s
Senior Education officer (Current Employee), Batagram KpkDecember 19, 2014
Our vision
A world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.

Our mission
To inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.

Our values
Accountability
We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, children.

Ambition
We are demanding of ourselves and our colleagues, set high goals and are committed to improving the quality of everything we do for children.

Collaboration
We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity, and work with partners to leverage our global strength in making a difference for children.

Creativity
We are open to new ideas, embrace change, and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions for and with children.

Integrity
We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behaviour; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of children.
Productive and fun workplace with open-space offices
Health and Nutrition Project Manager (Current Employee), Kinshasa, DRCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free comm
Cons: healthcare
Each staff in his office at 8.00, concentrated and left at 4.30.
Managers meet each week and people are joyfull. However, there's enough work, emergency...
Procedures are in place and revised when neceessary.