Save the Children International

Save the Children International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
challenging work environment
Procurement& Logistics Officer (Current Employee), Egypt COJune 27, 2015
a fully busy working day with lots of details on operation control, though that i leaned patience and to be stress tolerance while working with different layers of workers cultures. working with customers and clients with diverse backgrounds is a big challenging work nature at the end of the day i celebrate success of meeting all requests and high level of satisfaction form my clients
west Africa Youth Network
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Wellington Street Freetown Sierra LeoneJune 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: worked on over time without pay
WANE as its commonly called is a local NGO that helps street children with scholarship for schooling

set database for children who are register with us for scholarship and monitor their activities provide schooling materials for them also.
Cooperative and result oriented work place
Child protection officer- Volunteer (Former Employee), Adjumani district (Uganda)May 28, 2015
Save the Children is an organization that operates in quality work with high level of transparency, accountability and flexibility work place
Feel Lucky to have an eXp with SC international
Monitoring and Evaluation/ HISOfficer (Former Employee), Swat, PNWMay 5, 2015
Pros: free tea
Cons: Break Health care
carry out regular field monitoring of program interventions at district level and produce monitoring reports on the given format, conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan;
Fantastic work culture in Save the Children International
LOGISTICS MANAGER - Ebola Response - Sierra Leone (Current Employee), Kerry, ORFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours in case of development programs
SCI is an organization where you can easily be exposed and show your full potential and grow. the management style is participative and individual can independently execute their duties without interference.
educative and adventurous
Research Intern (Current Employee), HarareFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free transport
Cons: working in rural areas
fun
learnt a lot about research
people oriented management
fun loving co-workers
dealing with children was a little bit challenging
meeting diverse people was enjoyable
Sports week and many other's activities
HR ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Mirpur Khas, PSDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: just providing tea.
Cons: prayer's break / lunch break / guest meeting break
1st Day is very typical b/c of you know that about every one .
Good management skills.
Management was very good.
All of co-worker's is very good team player.
Old work / old documentation are revised.
Professionalism is very enjoyable part of the job.
Hardest part of the job
NUTRITION OFFICER (Current Employee), MANDERA,KENYAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: medical cover, training, r&r
my job involves working with children,pregnant women and lactating mothers.Having a child die whether born or unborn as a result of complications arising from malnutrition is a heart wrenching experience
was my first joining in save the children
communitty mobiliser (Former Employee), bhimberJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: all were vgood
Cons: good
in this job project was paiman related to save mothers and babies. here we also train health care providers , reporting mega events of communitty awareness . local events . support groups weekly visits . financial review all duties assigned by d.c or a manger . these are alot i cant write more ,
challenging workplace
Health Administrative Officer (Former Employee), Iloilo City, P06January 8, 2015
Day to day work was challenging. Starts with doing my prioritized work listed on my to do work for the day while giving support to my Manager. As hour pass, work achieved and accomplished regardless of either the work was in the office or in the field. If there is unfinished work, it will be added to my next day of work. I've learned many things in procurement process from drafting PR's to submission and also in management.The management and my co-workers were good. The hardest part of my job was when you have to adjust your time to accommodate all the needs of Health team. And despite of all the hardships I've enjoyed working with different nationality.
A Work place where there are lots of adventures and learning.
Shelter Technician (Former Employee), Clement st., Estancia, Iloilo, PhilippinesDecember 24, 2014
Pros: everything is free
Save the Children International is the first company I have worked. This responses emergencies such as typhoons, earthquakes and etc. We usually worked 9 hours a day and 5 days in a week. there are many things I learned through this company. I learned to handle people by conducting general assemblies and training in every Barangay I handled. I also learned how RESPECT matters to every individual. And also the love and compassion for work matters most for without this, there will be no great success in the project.
My co-workers are nice, we are helping with each other. I learned that to be in a team, unity most worked. The hardest part of the job is to be assigned in the islands, walking more than 7 km within the area everyday, no signal, and the rain or shine cycle upon riding in a rubber-boat in the midst of the sea every time we went home raining.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be with the people in our respective areas. I can see their happiness in their eyes upon seeing us walking towards them.I did fell the hope in their hearts that they could rebuild their houses destroyed by the typhoon. I love them for their hospitality and unending gratitude to the company. And personally, I don't want to leave SCI but my contract is about to end so I preferred to look for some other job opportunities for me.
I do believe that I can have another more enjoyable job to be utter for chances in getting more job opportunities never ends up in just one, two , or three or more failures.
i have learnt a lot here, save the children indeed built my personality and make me professionally sound.whatever i an today has 90% contribution of s
Senior Education officer (Current Employee), Batagram KpkDecember 19, 2014
Our vision
A world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.

Our mission
To inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.

Our values
Accountability
We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, children.

Ambition
We are demanding of ourselves and our colleagues, set high goals and are committed to improving the quality of everything we do for children.

Collaboration
We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity, and work with partners to leverage our global strength in making a difference for children.

Creativity
We are open to new ideas, embrace change, and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions for and with children.

Integrity
We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behaviour; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of children.
Productive and fun workplace with open-space offices
Health and Nutrition Project Manager (Current Employee), Kinshasa, DRCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free comm
Cons: healthcare
Each staff in his office at 8.00, concentrated and left at 4.30.
Managers meet each week and people are joyfull. However, there's enough work, emergency...
Procedures are in place and revised when neceessary.
A day at workplace
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee), Dolo-odo, EthiopiaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: long hours
. September 28 2014
. Quick measures of checking mix design of concrete
. i managed to supervise the site easily
. my co-workers have appreciated how i easily implemented
. one of my hardest time was i could not cross the river following
. the most enjoyable part is exchanging experience among our staff
fun work place
Cashier Accountant & Accountant (Current Employee), EthiopiaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: house
Cons: education
Senior Accountant and all related to Finance . and to now more about .
Its a very educative,
Design Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee), HarareOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: job security ( contract and grant based)
My day starts at 8:00 am with a a review of the day's task and prioritising needs, i will then immediately start with latest task at hand. The day ends at 5 pm but if they are pressing tasks iam very flexible to extend to 7pm. I learnt that an individual should take responsibility for personal learning and career development. In addition to that one learns from others inside and outside the organization adopting best practices created by others. Actively produces and disseminates new knowledge. In terms of management i have worked with teams of data entry clerks, research assistants until currently. The most enjoyable part of my job is during evaluations/baselines surveys bring these bring new information which we will use to inform our programming. I am a team player hence i can with with people from various backgrouds/cultures.

Creative and productive
Documentation Assistant Volunteer (Casual) (Current Employee), Peshawar, PNWSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: yes some times we offen did lunch at 5pm
Cons: and we will break for rest or anything else when will the work stop due to any reason
i had worked in many other organisations but i had liked SAVE THE CHILDREN mostly bcoz i had learned here more creative and productive ideas and things and all the staff and even the supervisors are very very dare to me bcoz the wont bother me on any work in other words they are very coprative and i had enjoyed my job very much
Using plan as a guide to perform any task
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Former Employee), Dar, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Performing tasks with plan and Frequent field travel.
Utilizing different databases & softwares.
great combination between desk work and working in the field
Project Finance Officer (Former Employee), Hochiminh city, VietnamJuly 30, 2014
Cons: long break, healthcare
-Not only working as a finance officer, but also work as a interim auditor with the partner
-That help me to learn how create relationship for being easier in my job when working with the partners
-I have good manager and co-workers
-the hardest part of the job is how to tell the partner give us the report in deadline while they have alot of things to do beside our reports
-the most enjoyable part of the job is after finish monthly report, we go to parnter for interim audit.
Good Working Enviroment
IT Manager (Current Employee), NairobiJune 9, 2014
Pros: wide knowledge based and support from global team
Cons: like most ngo's job security is the major thing
My Current job has given me a wide of challenges since being an IT officer to Managerial position. the office is has many branches and quite number of staff.