Save the Children International Employee Reviews

Learning environment
Supply Chain & Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan18 February 2017
SCI is a great place to work, SCI provides a good opportunity to learn multitasking skills.

I have learned multi tasking and management skills in a best way.
challenging and exciting
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Amman, JO17 February 2017
every day has fun working environment and enjoy working with refugees with great rewarding in the end of the day which is helping others and assisting the ones dont have basic living needs.
Programme improvement
Child Rights Governance Manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng15 February 2017
Working at this company was an eye opener.

It enriched me on working with international culture; diverse culture across the globe.

I improved bring partners together and developed a team work within the department
Pros
free lunches
Grants and Contracts staff (Former Employee) –  Addis Ababa10 February 2017
Productive,fun ,where a team work really works, where once share experiences from others any time needed and where absolutely wonderful management decision exists.
Pros
Different benefit packages
Cons
Complex job type
Internship (Current Employee) –  New York, NY20 January 2017
Save the Children is a wonderful organization, staff are extremely motivated and passionate about what they do, there is a good work-life balance and the work is fast-paced and interesting. As an intern, I had a lot of responsibility and was able to contribute to the team I was working on.
Good team of Decision makers
M&E coordinator (Former Employee) –  Velāyat-e Orūzgān12 January 2017
the only problem working with this organization i have noticed was they were not so good about the security of their staff
but good place for learning
Productive and team working enviroment
Community based newborn care Woreda coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ethiopia12 January 2017
I have learned how to deal with challenges and work in team additionally, I have got skills of facilitating training and supervision.
In consultation with the District Health Office and CBNC Zonal Coordinator, developing detail training plan.
-Identifies all trainers and trainees in consultation with the Woreda Health Offices
-Works closely with the Zonal Health Department and District Health Office to ensure training is conducted on time and with acceptable standards
-Organizing joint post training follow up visits to all HEWs within 4-6 weeks of the training.
-Supports /mentors trained health workers in health centres and District level to ensure skill retention and facilitate institutionalization of CBNC within the system.
-Produces and shares reports of training, supervision, review meetings and best practices based on agreed timeline and formats
-Conduct regular field visits to provide supportive supervision to all HPs and HEWs
Representation, reporting and communication
-Perform any other related tasks assigned by the unit head of my immediate supervisor.
Pros
intersting project
Cons
many works
Local Government Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lagos2 December 2016
The job is fulfilling but better management is needed with communicating with staff more openly and transparently regarding job security and satisfaction. They have good total rewards package but supervisors and managers are not always wiling to implement those options for staff on an individual basis.
Pros
Good salary packages, good benefits.
Cons
Minimal staff input into programming
working at save the children as made me a resposible person after being oriented on some of the key work sdkill and this h as made love working
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  kampala, uganda29 November 2016
Due to the experience that i gained at save the children it has made me enjoy working in group and my hardest part of work is meeting unplanned dedlines
Pros
motivation, health priority etc
Cons
lot of work to be done in a specified time
Working for a purpose
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  cairo15 November 2016
I enjoyed every moment in my work, it opened new horizons for me, learnt a lot of new things. Indeed it sharpened my skills as well
Pros
strong system
Cons
complex system
Proudicive with profissional work inviroment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  cairo7 October 2016
a huge origination with sold worldwide educational resources ,it's have a great projects o serve the local and international community
Pros
days out
Cons
long work hours
its an awesome place to work and develop
Programs Associate- Accounting. (Oracle) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC11 September 2016
Its an awesome place with a great human Resources system and culture, many opportunities for growth too. They are keen with employee growth
Overall management of IT
ICT Manager (Current Employee) –  Addis8 June 2016
Servers, Network and Emails Management
Database development
M&E support using the in-house database system CIRIS
Installation and maintenance of the computer network system and computers.
Backup of the daily data for security reasons.
Installing and updating of security tools in every machine
Users support as the need arises.
Webpage designing and regular updating of the pages.
Productive and a friendly work place
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  Kailahun,Pujehun and Kenema(Sierra Leone)10 May 2016
My Opinion
A typical day at work is about meeting deadline for the submission of field report.It was at times stressful. I learned on how to manage stress.In terms of management,i engaged team members in planning,implementation and evaluation. I ensured the involvenmt of co-workers in every aspect of the project and we achieved more.The hardest part of the job is to meet deadline for the submission off report whiles in the field.The most enjoyable part of the job is when we accomplished our planned activities.
Pros
We do have free lunch and enjoyable
Cons
good and healthy working culture
Program Manager Education (Current Employee) –  Iraq, Kirkuk3 May 2016
working in this company is full of learning with very encouraging working culture backed up with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.

a busy schedule as we are working in emergency
learning includes difficult context of Kirkuk having 5 different nations living with different culture, language, traditions and religious sects
co workers are very cooperative and understanding
volatile security is the hardest part
seeing children with smiley faces
I managed to upgrade 103 computers to Windows 10
IT Officer (Current Employee) –  Rwanda25 April 2016
I supported 140 Users in IT and installed Local Area Network at three offices for save the Children International.I upgraeded Computers from Windows 7 &8 to Windows 10, and installed Microsoft Office 2013 and Managed the Active Directory on the Cloud for Rwanda all staff.
holding training courses for youth and teaching them life skills
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Baghdad.Iraq13 April 2016
translating the weekly report and field visit to the children friendly zone and holding training courses for the community mobilizers.
and holding training courses for the IDPs about Hygiene promotion
Pros
we get our lunch with us
Cons
there is short break.coffee and milk
Shelter Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zahle10 April 2016
good team work, and work environment.
although the salary wasn't really good but the experience which I gained is much worth than the salary.
Pros
happy spirit in the offices
Cons
offices not organized
Volunteering Experience
Volunteering for Save the Children (Former Employee) –  Milano, Lombardia4 April 2016
I worked at Expo 2015 for Save the Children padillion, meeting many people and learning many causes the company is following. A really deep and interesting experience.
humanitarian; work friendly
WaSH Project Officer, Save the Children Int. (Former Employee) –  Moyale, Ethiopia28 February 2016
SCI pushes you to get the best out of you in multitasking and working to meet deadlines while giving you the best experience in learning in the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save the Children International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4