Save the Children International

Save the Children International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SBCCS
SBCCS (Current Employee), KampalaApril 21, 2014
The review at work is so good because I have experiences I can share due to this position, my workmates are so good and we work as a team, the most hardest part of this job is climbing the hills and moving on the bad roads to reach out to children but I find it enjoyable at the same time because I have managed to deliver amidst that.
Career Advancement opportunities
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee), KathmanduFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities, efficient management, programmatic technical expertise
Cons: pay scale and advancement is slow
Great team work, and great learning opportunities, yet the career advancement is a great challenge.
exciting work place
Food Security & Livelihoods program Manager (Current Employee), BeirutJanuary 30, 2014
- Working day start at 8:30 ends on 4:30
-I work five working days per week.
-A normal day start with updating other sectors on the tasks of day through a security/ task update meeting.
-after I conduct a small meeting with officers and other coordinators as iam acting program manager and update each one of them on the tasks of the day and what we should – more... prioritize, and in turn they update their checklists and share the information with their teams.
-Hardest part of the job will be when we have a flagging issue from advisers at head office or regional level where we should adapt quickly to the request but in a way also to keep/ensure proper daily operations ongoing without affecting the work plan.
- Part that I enjoyed most is the recruitment of new staff. – less
Recommending best internal control system
Senior Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee), Addis Ababa, EthiopiaOctober 11, 2013
in my previous organization there was no any internal control system to protect fraud or misappropriation staff benefit allowance, due to these significant number of staffs participate by exhibiting or submitted this forgery receipt to the organization to reimburse and settle their advances .we thoroughly investigate the case and recommend practicable – more... internal control system to the organization at the same time all participated staffs should return the money and terminate from the organization. – less
Enjoyable
Logistic & Procurement Officer (Former Employee), Bāmyān, BAM, AfghanistanOctober 5, 2013
Pros: free transport, free lunch
Cons: long hours, good team environment
sometime the most hardest part of my job was communicate with my other colleagues in remote ares during over survey.
most enjoyable part was dealing with vendors, purchasing goods.
getting lots of experience from this positions, working with different organisations. met with different people and finally got lots of knowledge about management.
Hawassa
Admin and Finance officer (Current Employee), EthiopiaJuly 14, 2013
Pros: trnsportation allowance
Cons: medical allowance
-Saturday is my typical Day

-Developing my experience by getting new ideas

-It is the process of Human resource

-Senior and Junior Management

-Working manually,w/out the help of Computerized System

-Team Sprite
A supportive and energized working team.
Manager Education (Former Employee), UgandaMarch 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch and line management support.
Cons: inadequate human resource support.
-Arrival, reviewing the urgent issues at hand, sending off the field team, responding to issues in order of priority, planning for up-coming issues.

-Leading teams, working with partners, child rights based programming and integrated programming.

-Played a role as a mid-level manager and understood the critical dilemmas and skills in management decision – more... making.

-Diverse in cultural and technical composure. Departments are linked and supportive for overall operations and organizational goals.

-Working with Local Government Partners within the operational guidelines.

-Cultural activity engagement. – less