Save the Children International

Save the Children International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
challenging workplace
Health Administrative Officer (Former Employee), Iloilo City, P06January 8, 2015
Day to day work was challenging. Starts with doing my prioritized work listed on my to do work for the day while giving support to my Manager. As hour pass, work achieved and accomplished regardless of either the work was in the office or in the field. If there is unfinished work, it will be added to my next day of work. I've learned many things in procurement process from drafting PR's to submission and also in management.The management and my co-workers were good. The hardest part of my job was when you have to adjust your time to accommodate all the needs of Health team. And despite of all the hardships I've enjoyed working with different nationality.
A Work place where there are lots of adventures and learning.
Shelter Technician (Former Employee), Clement st., Estancia, Iloilo, PhilippinesDecember 24, 2014
Pros: everything is free
Save the Children International is the first company I have worked. This responses emergencies such as typhoons, earthquakes and etc. We usually worked 9 hours a day and 5 days in a week. there are many things I learned through this company. I learned to handle people by conducting general assemblies and training in every Barangay I handled. I also learned how RESPECT matters to every individual. And also the love and compassion for work matters most for without this, there will be no great success in the project.
My co-workers are nice, we are helping with each other. I learned that to be in a team, unity most worked. The hardest part of the job is to be assigned in the islands, walking more than 7 km within the area everyday, no signal, and the rain or shine cycle upon riding in a rubber-boat in the midst of the sea every time we went home raining.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be with the people in our respective areas. I can see their happiness in their eyes upon seeing us walking towards them.I did fell the hope in their hearts that they could rebuild their houses destroyed by the typhoon. I love them for their hospitality and unending gratitude to the company. And personally, I don't want to leave SCI but my contract is about to end so I preferred to look for some other job opportunities for me.
I do believe that I can have another more enjoyable job to be utter for chances in getting more job opportunities never ends up in just one, two , or three or more failures.
i have learnt a lot here, save the children indeed built my personality and make me professionally sound.whatever i an today has 90% contribution of s
Senior Education officer (Current Employee), Batagram KpkDecember 19, 2014
Our vision
A world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.

Our mission
To inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.

Our values
Accountability
We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, children.

Ambition
We are demanding of ourselves and our colleagues, set high goals and are committed to improving the quality of everything we do for children.

Collaboration
We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity, and work with partners to leverage our global strength in making a difference for children.

Creativity
We are open to new ideas, embrace change, and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions for and with children.

Integrity
We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behaviour; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of children.
Productive and fun workplace with open-space offices
Health and Nutrition Project Manager (Current Employee), Kinshasa, DRCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free comm
Cons: healthcare
Each staff in his office at 8.00, concentrated and left at 4.30.
Managers meet each week and people are joyfull. However, there's enough work, emergency...
Procedures are in place and revised when neceessary.
A day at workplace
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee), Dolo-odo, EthiopiaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: long hours
. September 28 2014
. Quick measures of checking mix design of concrete
. i managed to supervise the site easily
. my co-workers have appreciated how i easily implemented
. one of my hardest time was i could not cross the river following
. the most enjoyable part is exchanging experience among our staff
fun work place
Cashier Accountant & Accountant (Current Employee), EthiopiaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: house
Cons: education
Senior Accountant and all related to Finance . and to now more about .
Its a very educative,
Design Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee), HarareOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: job security ( contract and grant based)
My day starts at 8:00 am with a a review of the day's task and prioritising needs, i will then immediately start with latest task at hand. The day ends at 5 pm but if they are pressing tasks iam very flexible to extend to 7pm. I learnt that an individual should take responsibility for personal learning and career development. In addition to that one learns from others inside and outside the organization adopting best practices created by others. Actively produces and disseminates new knowledge. In terms of management i have worked with teams of data entry clerks, research assistants until currently. The most enjoyable part of my job is during evaluations/baselines surveys bring these bring new information which we will use to inform our programming. I am a team player hence i can with with people from various backgrouds/cultures.

Creative and productive
Documentation Assistant Volunteer (Casual) (Current Employee), Peshawar, PNWSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: yes some times we offen did lunch at 5pm
Cons: and we will break for rest or anything else when will the work stop due to any reason
i had worked in many other organisations but i had liked SAVE THE CHILDREN mostly bcoz i had learned here more creative and productive ideas and things and all the staff and even the supervisors are very very dare to me bcoz the wont bother me on any work in other words they are very coprative and i had enjoyed my job very much
Using plan as a guide to perform any task
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Former Employee), Dar, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Performing tasks with plan and Frequent field travel.
Utilizing different databases & softwares.
great combination between desk work and working in the field
Project Finance Officer (Former Employee), Hochiminh city, VietnamJuly 30, 2014
Cons: long break, healthcare
-Not only working as a finance officer, but also work as a interim auditor with the partner
-That help me to learn how create relationship for being easier in my job when working with the partners
-I have good manager and co-workers
-the hardest part of the job is how to tell the partner give us the report in deadline while they have alot of things to do beside our reports
-the most enjoyable part of the job is after finish monthly report, we go to parnter for interim audit.
Good Working Enviroment
IT Manager (Current Employee), NairobiJune 9, 2014
Pros: wide knowledge based and support from global team
Cons: like most ngo's job security is the major thing
My Current job has given me a wide of challenges since being an IT officer to Managerial position. the office is has many branches and quite number of staff.
SBCCS
SBCCS (Current Employee), KampalaApril 21, 2014
The review at work is so good because I have experiences I can share due to this position, my workmates are so good and we work as a team, the most hardest part of this job is climbing the hills and moving on the bad roads to reach out to children but I find it enjoyable at the same time because I have managed to deliver amidst that.
Career Advancement opportunities
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee), KathmanduFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities, efficient management, programmatic technical expertise
Cons: pay scale and advancement is slow
Great team work, and great learning opportunities, yet the career advancement is a great challenge.
exciting work place
Food Security & Livelihoods program Manager (Current Employee), BeirutJanuary 30, 2014
- Working day start at 8:30 ends on 4:30
-I work five working days per week.
-A normal day start with updating other sectors on the tasks of day through a security/ task update meeting.
-after I conduct a small meeting with officers and other coordinators as iam acting program manager and update each one of them on the tasks of the day and what we should prioritize, and in turn they update their checklists and share the information with their teams.
-Hardest part of the job will be when we have a flagging issue from advisers at head office or regional level where we should adapt quickly to the request but in a way also to keep/ensure proper daily operations ongoing without affecting the work plan.
- Part that I enjoyed most is the recruitment of new staff.
Recommending best internal control system
Senior Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee), Addis Ababa, EthiopiaOctober 11, 2013
in my previous organization there was no any internal control system to protect fraud or misappropriation staff benefit allowance, due to these significant number of staffs participate by exhibiting or submitted this forgery receipt to the organization to reimburse and settle their advances .we thoroughly investigate the case and recommend practicable internal control system to the organization at the same time all participated staffs should return the money and terminate from the organization.
Enjoyable
Logistic & Procurement Officer (Former Employee), Bāmyān, BAM, AfghanistanOctober 5, 2013
Pros: free transport, free lunch
Cons: long hours, good team environment
sometime the most hardest part of my job was communicate with my other colleagues in remote ares during over survey.
most enjoyable part was dealing with vendors, purchasing goods.
getting lots of experience from this positions, working with different organisations. met with different people and finally got lots of knowledge about management.
Hawassa
Admin and Finance officer (Current Employee), EthiopiaJuly 14, 2013
Pros: trnsportation allowance
Cons: medical allowance
-Saturday is my typical Day

-Developing my experience by getting new ideas

-It is the process of Human resource

-Senior and Junior Management

-Working manually,w/out the help of Computerized System

-Team Sprite
A supportive and energized working team.
Manager Education (Former Employee), UgandaMarch 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch and line management support.
Cons: inadequate human resource support.
-Arrival, reviewing the urgent issues at hand, sending off the field team, responding to issues in order of priority, planning for up-coming issues.

-Leading teams, working with partners, child rights based programming and integrated programming.

-Played a role as a mid-level manager and understood the critical dilemmas and skills in management decision making.

-Diverse in cultural and technical composure. Departments are linked and supportive for overall operations and organizational goals.

-Working with Local Government Partners within the operational guidelines.

-Cultural activity engagement.
Agreable
To ours Days IT OFFICER - Central African Republic (Former Employee), Bangui - Central African RepublicSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: collaboration avec des gens de différents race et nationalité, respect des staffs
Journée de Travail normal
Travailler sur plusieurs choses, pour un temps très restraint