Save the Children International Employee Reviews

Local Government Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lagos2 December 2016
The job is fulfilling but better management is needed with communicating with staff more openly and transparently regarding job security and satisfaction. They have good total rewards package but supervisors and managers are not always wiling to implement those options for staff on an individual basis.
Pros
Good salary packages, good benefits.
Cons
Minimal staff input into programming
working at save the children as made me a resposible person after being oriented on some of the key work sdkill and this h as made love working
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  kampala, uganda29 November 2016
Due to the experience that i gained at save the children it has made me enjoy working in group and my hardest part of work is meeting unplanned dedlines
Pros
motivation, health priority etc
Cons
lot of work to be done in a specified time
Overall management of IT
ICT Manager (Current Employee) –  Addis8 June 2016
Servers, Network and Emails Management
Database development
M&E support using the in-house database system CIRIS
Installation and maintenance of the computer network system and computers.
Backup of the daily data for security reasons.
Installing and updating of security tools in every machine
Users support as the need arises.
Webpage designing and regular updating of the pages.
Productive and a friendly work place
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  Kailahun,Pujehun and Kenema(Sierra Leone)10 May 2016
My Opinion
A typical day at work is about meeting deadline for the submission of field report.It was at times stressful. I learned on how to manage stress.In terms of management,i engaged team members in planning,implementation and evaluation. I ensured the involvenmt of co-workers in every aspect of the project and we achieved more.The hardest part of the job is to meet deadline for the submission off report whiles in the field.The most enjoyable part of the job is when we accomplished our planned activities.
Pros
We do have free lunch and enjoyable
Cons
good and healthy working culture
Program Manager Education (Current Employee) –  Iraq, Kirkuk3 May 2016
working in this company is full of learning with very encouraging working culture backed up with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.

a busy schedule as we are working in emergency
learning includes difficult context of Kirkuk having 5 different nations living with different culture, language, traditions and religious sects
co workers are very cooperative and understanding
volatile security is the hardest part
seeing children with smiley faces
Proudicive with profissional work inviroment
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  cairo7 October 2016
a huge origination with sold worldwide educational resources ,it's have a great projects o serve the local and international community
Pros
days out
Cons
long work hours
its an awesome place to work and develop
Programs Associate- Accounting. (Oracle) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC11 September 2016
Its an awesome place with a great human Resources system and culture, many opportunities for growth too. They are keen with employee growth
I managed to upgrade 103 computers to Windows 10
IT Officer (Current Employee) –  Rwanda25 April 2016
I supported 140 Users in IT and installed Local Area Network at three offices for save the Children International.I upgraeded Computers from Windows 7 &8 to Windows 10, and installed Microsoft Office 2013 and Managed the Active Directory on the Cloud for Rwanda all staff.
holding training courses for youth and teaching them life skills
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Baghdad.Iraq13 April 2016
translating the weekly report and field visit to the children friendly zone and holding training courses for the community mobilizers.
and holding training courses for the IDPs about Hygiene promotion
Pros
we get our lunch with us
Cons
there is short break.coffee and milk
Work Plan of partner organization
Senior Project Manager, HIV Program (Former Employee) –  Dhaka16 February 2016
At first I checked the work schedule and the work schedule was to review the work plan of partner organizations. Before reviewing, I checked the email correspondences with the partner organizations on their suggestions and recommendations.Then I talked to my supervisor about their recommendations. I took help from my co-workers especially from the finance person. The hardest part of reviewing the work plan was to accommodate budget based the all recommended activities. The most enjoyable part of that activity was to include peer to peer training activities.
Good Place to work and grow as professional
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kathmandu12 February 2016
Doing great work for Nepal and children. Fun place and lots of things to learn day by day. Awesome colleagues. Save the children in Nepal did laudable job for to response during the Nepal Earthquake disaster and it is still operating in full fledge post response for earthquake.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable but quite tasking at times
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kampala Uganda20 January 2016
Arrival is 7.30 am EA time.
Begin with with responding to mails
Jot down key deliverables for the day
Attend meetings if any
Embark on the day's tasks
Complete a and review days' work and retire home

I have learnt to work independently with minimum supervision,
and to be patient with people.
The hardest job is coordinating partners with whom you are implementing particular projects

The most enjoyable is reporting time when you show to the donor your achievements
Pros
Free lunch and break and evening tea
Cons
Healthcare insurance, short break
Volunteering Experience
Volunteering for Save the Children (Former Employee) –  Milano, Lombardia4 April 2016
I worked at Expo 2015 for Save the Children padillion, meeting many people and learning many causes the company is following. A really deep and interesting experience.
Shelter Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zahle10 April 2016
good team work, and work environment.
although the salary wasn't really good but the experience which I gained is much worth than the salary.
Pros
happy spirit in the offices
Cons
offices not organized
working environment
Deputy program manager (Nutrition) (Former Employee) –  Somalia5 December 2015
save the children is very big international NGO and works with local communities in the developing countrirs, my work with SCI was a assesing the chealth and nutritional status of children, ensuring basic medical access to rural population, managing procerements, cash transfers and etc
Pros
working experiance
Cons
very busey job
humanitarian; work friendly
WaSH Project Officer, Save the Children Int. (Former Employee) –  Moyale, Ethiopia28 February 2016
SCI pushes you to get the best out of you in multitasking and working to meet deadlines while giving you the best experience in learning in the work.
Productive and rewarding place to work for
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cochabamba, Bolivia9 November 2015
Save the Children is a child rights development agency working in over 120 countries to improve the quality of children’s lives through the realization of their rights.

Save the Children is a fun place to work at and the team is beyond wonderful.
Pros
excellent environment
Cons
non paid position
A good place to work
IT and Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Hatfield,Pretoria23 October 2015
I have learnt Fleet management which i never knew how it works.
Doing an intensive asset register and doing disposals aswell.

My IT skills have improved as am working with a good Global team have regular skype meetings once a month discussing challenges one has at work or what they have achieved.
Pros
Travelling around the world
precious experiance
Early childhood care and development coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amman27 September 2015
in SCI you can learn a lot, the experience you get from working there is precious.
Like Im ECCD Coordinator at the same time I'm (Trainer, Technical Assistant, Reporter, Coordinator, Facilitator, Materials Developer)
Pros
Normal hours, chances to learn a lot.
challenging work environment
Procurement& Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  Egypt CO27 June 2015
a fully busy working day with lots of details on operation control, though that i leaned patience and to be stress tolerance while working with different layers of workers cultures. working with customers and clients with diverse backgrounds is a big challenging work nature at the end of the day i celebrate success of meeting all requests and high level of satisfaction form my clients

4.4