Save the Children International Employee Reviews

Productive and a friendly work place
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  Kailahun,Pujehun and Kenema(Sierra Leone)May 10, 2016
My Opinion
A typical day at work is about meeting deadline for the submission of field report.It was at times stressful. I learned on how to manage stress.In terms of management,i engaged team members in planning,implementation and evaluation. I ensured the involvenmt of co-workers in every aspect of the project and we achieved more.The hardest part of the job is to meet deadline for the submission off report whiles in the field.The most enjoyable part of the job is when we accomplished our planned activities.
Pros
We do have free lunch and enjoyable
Cons
good and healthy working culture
Program Manager Education (Current Employee) –  Iraq, KirkukMay 3, 2016
working in this company is full of learning with very encouraging working culture backed up with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.

a busy schedule as we are working in emergency
learning includes difficult context of Kirkuk having 5 different nations living with different culture, language, traditions and religious sects
co workers are very cooperative and understanding
volatile security is the hardest part
seeing children with smiley faces
I managed to upgrade 103 computers to Windows 10
IT Officer (Current Employee) –  RwandaApril 25, 2016
I supported 140 Users in IT and installed Local Area Network at three offices for save the Children International.I upgraeded Computers from Windows 7 &8 to Windows 10, and installed Microsoft Office 2013 and Managed the Active Directory on the Cloud for Rwanda all staff.
holding training courses for youth and teaching them life skills
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Baghdad.IraqApril 13, 2016
translating the weekly report and field visit to the children friendly zone and holding training courses for the community mobilizers.
and holding training courses for the IDPs about Hygiene promotion
Pros
we get our lunch with us
Cons
there is short break.coffee and milk
Shelter Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ZahleApril 10, 2016
good team work, and work environment.
although the salary wasn't really good but the experience which I gained is much worth than the salary.
Pros
happy spirit in the offices
Cons
offices not organized
Volunteering Experience
Volunteering for Save the Children (Former Employee) –  Milano, LombardiaApril 4, 2016
I worked at Expo 2015 for Save the Children padillion, meeting many people and learning many causes the company is following. A really deep and interesting experience.
humanitarian; work friendly
WaSH Project Officer, Save the Children Int. (Former Employee) –  Moyale, EthiopiaFebruary 28, 2016
SCI pushes you to get the best out of you in multitasking and working to meet deadlines while giving you the best experience in learning in the work.
Work Plan of partner organization
Senior Project Manager, HIV Program (Former Employee) –  DhakaFebruary 16, 2016
At first I checked the work schedule and the work schedule was to review the work plan of partner organizations. Before reviewing, I checked the email correspondences with the partner organizations on their suggestions and recommendations.Then I talked to my supervisor about their recommendations. I took help from my co-workers especially from the finance person. The hardest part of reviewing the work plan was to accommodate budget based the all recommended activities. The most enjoyable part of that activity was to include peer to peer training activities.
Good Place to work and grow as professional
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KathmanduFebruary 12, 2016
Doing great work for Nepal and children. Fun place and lots of things to learn day by day. Awesome colleagues. Save the children in Nepal did laudable job for to response during the Nepal Earthquake disaster and it is still operating in full fledge post response for earthquake.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable but quite tasking at times
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kampala UgandaJanuary 20, 2016
Arrival is 7.30 am EA time.
Begin with with responding to mails
Jot down key deliverables for the day
Attend meetings if any
Embark on the day's tasks
Complete a and review days' work and retire home

I have learnt to work independently with minimum supervision,
and to be patient with people.
The hardest job is coordinating partners with whom you are implementing particular projects

The most enjoyable is reporting time when you show to the donor your achievements
Pros
Free lunch and break and evening tea
Cons
Healthcare insurance, short break
working environment
Deputy program manager (Nutrition) (Former Employee) –  SomaliaDecember 5, 2015
save the children is very big international NGO and works with local communities in the developing countrirs, my work with SCI was a assesing the chealth and nutritional status of children, ensuring basic medical access to rural population, managing procerements, cash transfers and etc
Pros
working experiance
Cons
very busey job
Productive and rewarding place to work for
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cochabamba, BoliviaNovember 9, 2015
Save the Children is a child rights development agency working in over 120 countries to improve the quality of children’s lives through the realization of their rights.

Save the Children is a fun place to work at and the team is beyond wonderful.
Pros
excellent environment
Cons
non paid position
very productive
Security and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beirut LebanonNovember 6, 2015
Competitive, professional, integrity, building capacity, multicultural and multi ethnic organization and full of positive vibes
A good place to work
IT and Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Hatfield,PretoriaOctober 23, 2015
I have learnt Fleet management which i never knew how it works.
Doing an intensive asset register and doing disposals aswell.

My IT skills have improved as am working with a good Global team have regular skype meetings once a month discussing challenges one has at work or what they have achieved.
Pros
Travelling around the world
precious experiance
Early childhood care and development coordinator (Current Employee) –  AmmanSeptember 27, 2015
in SCI you can learn a lot, the experience you get from working there is precious.
Like Im ECCD Coordinator at the same time I'm (Trainer, Technical Assistant, Reporter, Coordinator, Facilitator, Materials Developer)
Pros
Normal hours, chances to learn a lot.
Very good
Project Officer for Literacy Boost Project (Current Employee) –  Sri LankaSeptember 22, 2015
This is very good opportunity working with Respective official, teachers, Students and Community through the education project. I am very happy working with Save the children and working environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare
its aproductive company and trained job
Child protection officer. (Former Employee) –  DadaabJuly 2, 2015
Its an international organisation that implements child protection programm in dadaab camps. I have enjoyed working with this company where I have acquired versed experience in dealing with different people.
challenging work environment
Procurement& Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  Egypt COJune 27, 2015
a fully busy working day with lots of details on operation control, though that i leaned patience and to be stress tolerance while working with different layers of workers cultures. working with customers and clients with diverse backgrounds is a big challenging work nature at the end of the day i celebrate success of meeting all requests and high level of satisfaction form my clients
west Africa Youth Network
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellington Street Freetown Sierra LeoneJune 17, 2015
WANE as its commonly called is a local NGO that helps street children with scholarship for schooling

set database for children who are register with us for scholarship and monitor their activities provide schooling materials for them also.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
worked on over time without pay
Cooperative and result oriented work place
Child protection officer- Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Adjumani district (Uganda)May 28, 2015
Save the Children is an organization that operates in quality work with high level of transparency, accountability and flexibility work place

4.4