Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Happy place to work
3rd Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2015
Nice place to work. Super clean out of any grocery store I have shopped at. Super friendly staff and always willing to help. Loved working with my employees.
Pros
Staff were great
Cons
Raise increase sucks every 500hrs. When I worked there 4 years, All I got was an $1.50 raise..
no hours
Grocery clerk and training (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCNovember 16, 2015
work was ok but not enough hours and sometimes none at all. the management team has no respect for their associates. it was oo farto travel to and too muchtraffic on the way to get there, i had school close to all the shifts i got too.
Save on Foods
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 13, 2015
Friendly environment, laid back, clean place, close to home, nice bosses, lots of hours, enjoy working there, flexible hours
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Low pay
very modern store,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2015
Save on foods is the place to go if you want to buy organic items, every person in the store is very friendly, very family grocery store.
Fun and productive workplace
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BCNovember 8, 2015
At Save On Foods we're like a family.
For me it's a home away from home. Everyone is extremely friendly and always in a happy mood. If i'm ever feeling down I can count on the staff to turn my mood around. There's always something to do so you're always occupied, management makes sure of that. Management is absolutely amazing, always making sure everything is okay. I've learned so much through out my experience.
Pros
Staff draws every 2nd week
Cons
Scattered hours
Okay place to work
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2015
Its not a bad place to work.
Some managers suck and are not willing to give you time off. Save On Foods has great pay tho.

My bakery manager was the worst manger. He didnt know anything
Lack of Organization
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2015
I learned nothing for lack of training. They said I would get part time hours which meant one 8 hour shift once biweekly (until training happened, which never did). Management does not communicate together nor do they really respect staff. The co-workers are very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is keeping manager happy. The most enjoyable part is the customers. I saw on here that it was a fun, enjoyable place to work. Wow, was I wrong!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Miscommunications, stressful
Productive and very useful for getting jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
It was a great work environment, and the employees at Save on Foods were very helpful in teaching me about their company. I really enjoyed my time there as both a customer and an employee.
awful place
Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 2, 2015
very bad place do not work there they pay you nothing and work is terrible. place is so bad it legit sucks balls. managers r terrible. co workers r dumb and annoying af. gabrage company. complete dirt.
Pros
its a job
Cons
long hours plus bad everything
Worked with a great team.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 24, 2015
Worked with awesome coworkers. Tons of repeat customers. Enjoyed the environment immensely. Loved working at Terminal Park Save On. Focus was on customer service.
Save on
Deli Clerk, Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 17, 2015
Great place to work. Good management and coworkers are fun and lovely to work with at every store. Very flexiable with scheduales.
Pros
free lunches, good coworkers
Cons
lots of scheduale changes
Always busy
clerk (Former Employee) –  100 Mile House, BCOctober 14, 2015
You would do many different things depending on which shift you were on. The co workers i worked with were all like family to me it was great.
Pros
breaks
Cons
nothing
It had it's moments from day to day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCSeptember 30, 2015
it was a pleasure to see many of the customers that would come in on a daily basis. Many of my co-workers became friends and we would do various activities outside of work. Changes were made without coming to the staff to get their opinion and it made many of the staff feel as if we were not important.
Amazing Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 30, 2015
This company was great, they were very willing to work with the schedule that I needed. Everybody always came to work happy, and ready to work. Even the store manager would stop by daily and just say hi, and have a small conversation.

The benefits were amazing as well. Great unionized company!
Pros
Paid Weekly
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Great place to work and great team to work along side with. Working at Save on I have gained a lot of experience is customer service and being on till with cash.
Pros
Employees are nice to one another
Cons
Not enough hours
Team oriented and mostly enjoyable experience
Department Specialist (Deli) (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABSeptember 19, 2015
- A typical day at work depended on the shift you were working, for example the 9-4 shift the team member working was responsible for the making of sandwiches and getting a start on salads, an 11-7 shift would be salads and then the finishing of department production and the beginning of the closing of the department. And any shift that went until 9 or 10 would be closing and the finishing of production. I myself worked all of those shifts, and completed them efficiently and effectively.
- I learned to work better in a team, and I actually came to enjoy it and look forward to it. I expanded my interpersonal skills and was always eager to help the customers, in fact it became one of my favourite things about the job!
- Management, in the beginning, was very nice and enjoyable to work with, however as my time in the department progressed I was placed in many situations that I should not have been that burdened me and affected the way I looked at work. This is what ultimately led to my decision to leave the company.
- I came to personally know all my co-workers and I made many new friends who I still talk to now! I got along extremely well with all of them, and this helped me even more to appreciate a team atmosphere.
- The hardest part of my job would have been the extremely busy days, when there was a lot of production to do and a lot of customers to help. However, this led me to the further development of my attentiveness and my ability to work quickly and efficiently and to work well in a team.
- The most enjoyable part of my job was working in sync with my co-workers
  more... and helping the customers. It was always nice to come into work and start on production while carrying a fun conversation with my co-workers and helping and connectiong to my customers.  less
Pros
For the most part it was an amazing atmosphere that I almost always thoroughly enjoyed working in
Cons
The hours began to affect my grades and place strain on relationships outside of work
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Great flexible hours and a happy environment to work in. Management always there to offer assistance and flexible shifts to work and go to school.
it is a really good job to work at every one helpful
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  summerwoodSeptember 7, 2015
it a great job to learn new skills and every one is vary helpful we always have stuff to do mostly the same stuff everyday some times we have new tasks.
Pros
every one goes for brake all at once
Cons
lots of hard work and vary little rest
Positive work environment
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 2, 2015
For the most part it is a good place to work. Management usually tries to create a fun and encouraging work environment. There's frequent opportunity to advance and free online education for employees. However like all retail there's a heavy work load and high expectations. Also it takes time to build seniority to get the shifts or days off you want. Save-On-Foods is a great first job or part time job.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
Heavy work load, start at minimum wage
A workplace that worked entirely on teamwork.
Receiver (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, B.CAugust 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time at save on foods. My coworkers were amazing people and the jobs were fairly easy once you get the hang of them.
Pros
free staff lunches
Cons
Management can be pushy