Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly co- workers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 22, 2012
Pros: making a customer smile!
Cons: flexable hours
The thing I looked forward to, the most when I worked at save on foods. Was seeing my co- workers and making their day a happy one, and easy going as best as I could make it for them.
Friendly Staff and Happy customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 15, 2012
Pros: lots of help
Cons: non
I worjed eight hour shifts standing so it was hard but after a while i got used to it and enjoyed my work.
I learned how to use a cash register.
Loved my co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was having to quit as I moved out of town.
Best part of the job was making customers smile,
Union job
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee), Burnaby BCSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: too many hours and short notice on change of schedule
There was always a lot of work, which was great, but there was never a consistency in schedules so even though work schedules were up weeks in advance, you had to always check it, because it changed on a daily basis. Sometimes too many times. Management was tough but the staff usually great. Union job meant job security once you were in the union.
I loved working at Save On Foods, excelent people to work with, always had staff get togethers.. and award ceremonys.. loved the atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 26, 2012
Pros: lunchroom overstocked with goodies
Cons: long hours standing at till
A typical day work was very quick.. It seemed like an 8 hour shift would go by so quickly, with all the interations with customers and staff. I learned to interact with others coming from a shy background. Save On Foods was where i learned how to use a till and memorize all the different codes for different produce products. I learnded how to balance – more... and process different transactions like cheques, money orders, coupons, etc.
The hardest part of my job was leaving the day and saying good bye to my fellow cashiers each day. and of course leaving vancouver to kamloops.
The most enjoyable part of my job was again helping customers with items that they couldnt find in store, or directing them to someone who can help. General Customer Service was always a plus. I loved how they always had an outside work activity for anyone who wanted to attend.. Save on Food Soccer vs other Save on Foods in area. awards ceremonies, banquets. loved it.. and great staff. – less
No Hours yet very nice place when i get hours.
Service Clerk (Current Employee), Ladner BCJuly 13, 2012
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: no hours
Management is very nice.Customers are nice to talk too.But when i get hours,due to low sinority i get no hours. Other then that everything is good.
Great people to work with, friendly enviornment and its a good workload everyday.
Service clerk (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 8, 2012
Pros: 50 cent raise automatically every year!
Cons: open late, graveyard shift might also be a possibility.
save on foods has great managers from top to bottom and everyone in our work place works together. A great place to work for and be apart of, i would reccomend it for anyone to work there.
fun work place in the grocery department
grocery clerk (Former Employee), nanaimo, bcMarch 2, 2012
Pros: the grat shift and the overtime hours
the time of employment I enjoyed working the various departments, worked with excellent department management as well great staff, and over all enjoyed the everyday challenges
Fun fast pace environment
General Clerk (Former Employee), Pemberton Plaza, North VancouverMarch 7, 2012
Pros: good bennefits, fun environment
Cons: high employment turnover rate
Great Company to work for. Nothing is the same from day to day. Co-workers are fun to work with.
Fast paced,fun & fair.
Stocking, floral & cashier (Former Employee), Lynn ValleyNovember 23, 2011
Pros: organized and constant communication.
Enjoyed the customers, the business of the store. Management was very caring and helpfull.