Save on Foods

Save on Foods Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work, friendly and safe.
Natural Foods Advisor and General Clerk (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: we always have food available in the staff room.
Cons: late and inconsistent shifts.
most work days are busy, with lots to do. We learn new things all the time and improve ourselves. The management is good and fair, they do what is necessary to run the store. Our co-workers are friendly, family oriented people. Handling inconsistent and late shifts. We enjoy interacting with our customers and co-workers.
Save On Foods is a pleasant place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCDecember 28, 2012
A typical day would be to process the grocery orders, bag the groceries and place them into the cart and finish the transaction by cash, debit or credit payment.
All the Management at the Port Coquitlam Save On Foods and my co-workers are the best. The hardest part of the job is when there is not very much to do during low customer times, I enjoy being as busy as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with all the different people that I meet on any given day.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Delta, BCDecember 25, 2012
An awesome job to work when going through high school and post secondary. Management is very flexible with working around one's school schedule. Easy to get time off, and depending on how many hours you average a week extended medical is offered through the union.
Good place to work, fun co-workers, good management.
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2012
Worked with customers, got along well with management and co-workers.
fun fast paced work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 22, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough hours
a typical day at work is stockng shelfs splitting pallets and talking with co workers
fast paced hard work empowering
General Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 16, 2012
Pros: great co workers and pay
Cons: the shifts arent consistant unless you have senoriy
this company was great to work with for 20 years. i learned great customer service skills. time management and organizational skills. learned how to lead a team and to be part of a team. the hardest part of the job was graveyard shifts.
the best part was managing the bulk foods section and having the freedom to make it my own. accomplishing great things
good place to work
Grocery Clerk produce,dairy general merchandise (Former Employee), aldergrove b,c.November 9, 2012
Pros: cool in summer warm in winter
Cons: all managers were good to work under
treated you fare atmosphere good fellow staff good natured
friendly co- workers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 22, 2012
Pros: making a customer smile!
Cons: flexable hours
The thing I looked forward to, the most when I worked at save on foods. Was seeing my co- workers and making their day a happy one, and easy going as best as I could make it for them.
Friendly Staff and Happy customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 15, 2012
Pros: lots of help
Cons: non
I worjed eight hour shifts standing so it was hard but after a while i got used to it and enjoyed my work.
I learned how to use a cash register.
Loved my co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was having to quit as I moved out of town.
Best part of the job was making customers smile,
Union job
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee), Burnaby BCSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: too many hours and short notice on change of schedule
There was always a lot of work, which was great, but there was never a consistency in schedules so even though work schedules were up weeks in advance, you had to always check it, because it changed on a daily basis. Sometimes too many times. Management was tough but the staff usually great. Union job meant job security once you were in the union.
I loved working at Save On Foods, excelent people to work with, always had staff get togethers.. and award ceremonys.. loved the atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 26, 2012
Pros: lunchroom overstocked with goodies
Cons: long hours standing at till
A typical day work was very quick.. It seemed like an 8 hour shift would go by so quickly, with all the interations with customers and staff. I learned to interact with others coming from a shy background. Save On Foods was where i learned how to use a till and memorize all the different codes for different produce products. I learnded how to balance and process different transactions like cheques, money orders, coupons, etc.
The hardest part of my job was leaving the day and saying good bye to my fellow cashiers each day. and of course leaving vancouver to kamloops.
The most enjoyable part of my job was again helping customers with items that they couldnt find in store, or directing them to someone who can help. General Customer Service was always a plus. I loved how they always had an outside work activity for anyone who wanted to attend.. Save on Food Soccer vs other Save on Foods in area. awards ceremonies, banquets. loved it.. and great staff.
No Hours yet very nice place when i get hours.
Service Clerk (Current Employee), Ladner BCJuly 13, 2012
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: no hours
Management is very nice.Customers are nice to talk too.But when i get hours,due to low sinority i get no hours. Other then that everything is good.
Great people to work with, friendly enviornment and its a good workload everyday.
Service clerk (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 8, 2012
Pros: 50 cent raise automatically every year!
Cons: open late, graveyard shift might also be a possibility.
save on foods has great managers from top to bottom and everyone in our work place works together. A great place to work for and be apart of, i would reccomend it for anyone to work there.
fun work place in the grocery department
grocery clerk (Former Employee), nanaimo, bcMarch 2, 2012
Pros: the grat shift and the overtime hours
the time of employment I enjoyed working the various departments, worked with excellent department management as well great staff, and over all enjoyed the everyday challenges