Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great working place, organized and competitive.
Reline crew, Temporary employment (Former Employee), Aldergrove, BCJune 8, 2013
Pros: 3 breaks a day.
Cons: need to advise 1 month in advance to get a day off.
this employment was on temporary as it was for doing a reline to the store. i was satisfied with the competitive wages and employee attendance.
love my job enjoy working with others laughing working is productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 12, 2013
Pros: good coworkers goood managerment good benefits and pay
Cons: worried about my full time status
i enjoy my job but am looking at possiblity of another store closing and the workers bumping in to my store causing there to be less hours for me
Save on
Clerk & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCApril 10, 2013
Pros: weekly pay, flexible
Save on was a great company to work for. They are very courteous and polite to each team member.
customers and fellow co workers
Cashier (Former Employee), New westminister British columbiaApril 3, 2013
Cons: weird shifts
Got along well with customers and my co workers. The hardest part of my job was the complaints.
customers and fellow co workers
Cashier (Former Employee), New westminister British columbiaApril 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Fast- Paced enviroment, Fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2013
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: not enough hours
Meet new people and have the privilege to help them. Co-workers and all very helpful and easy to get along with.
One of the best company to work for.
General store clerk duties (Former Employee), Delta, BCMarch 1, 2013
Pros: great staff, great hours, work as many hours you like.
An amazing place to work and works around your life style as many as hours you want to work. Great benefits and pay is great too. You get lot of increases. How can I forget to mention amazing staff lunches and discounts. Staff is great. I have nothing negative to say about this company. I would recommend anyone to work for Save on Foods.
great team members & great customers
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 9, 2013
This job teaches you how to work as a team with a diverse group of individuals. We have great people working in our stores. I have learned many skills which include...effectively communication, coaching & mentoring and how to lead by example!!!
I recommend Save On Foods as a great place to work!!
tennis tables
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2013
i signed in than looked to see if we had any cake orders and than tosses out the cakes that we expired my co workers were great the management was not the best
a day at save on.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches sometimes, turkey dinner on thanks giving.
Cons: carts
some days it could get busy pretty fast some days were pretty slow, pretty simple tasks overall, i learned how to bag groceries correctly and how to face isles. management were all pretty nice, i didn't see them around to much or do nearly the amount of work as the co-workers did, which i didn't find to fair. my co-workers were awesome, all very nice – more... respectful people i enjoyed working with each and everyone of them. the hardest part of the job i would have to say is having to push carts on really cold or hot days, the cold winter days were probably the worst because the snow makes it hard to push the carts and slippery for your feet and your cold. the most enjoyable pat of the job is that i could come into work not feeling like i just wanna get it over with, i enjoyed working with everyone there, there very understandable, the tasks are very simple, never had to many bad days at save on. – less
Decent place to work
Junior Clerk (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: fruit basket everyday
There is a lot of faulty communication through out the management team. I find it is very draining to go to work.
Save On Foods
Demonstrator - Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 17, 2013
All I can say is that when we heard about the buy-outs coming we were not to happy because we worked together in the demo dept., and of course were good at our jobs and the other girl I was involved with loved people like I did so after 15 yrs. it is like losing part of your family, I now plan on opening my own business if I can and have girls who would – more... like to work with me and we are looking at the area of Maple Ridge ....Pitt Meadows, area.and anywhere we are gong to work would have to have the tables, stock required etc., and we would come in set up and do our demo , clean-up and leave everything in proper condition. – less
save on foods
Demo Co-Ordinator / Floral Clerk (Current Employee), Kamloops BCJanuary 14, 2013
Great place to work. Allows you to balance your work and life. The company respects their employees. This is a very up beat , fun ,professional company to work for.
good place to work, friendly and safe.
Natural Foods Advisor and General Clerk (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: we always have food available in the staff room.
Cons: late and inconsistent shifts.
most work days are busy, with lots to do. We learn new things all the time and improve ourselves. The management is good and fair, they do what is necessary to run the store. Our co-workers are friendly, family oriented people. Handling inconsistent and late shifts. We enjoy interacting with our customers and co-workers.
Save On Foods is a pleasant place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCDecember 28, 2012
A typical day would be to process the grocery orders, bag the groceries and place them into the cart and finish the transaction by cash, debit or credit payment.
All the Management at the Port Coquitlam Save On Foods and my co-workers are the best. The hardest part of the job is when there is not very much to do during low customer times, I enjoy being – more... as busy as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with all the different people that I meet on any given day. – less
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Delta, BCDecember 25, 2012
An awesome job to work when going through high school and post secondary. Management is very flexible with working around one's school schedule. Easy to get time off, and depending on how many hours you average a week extended medical is offered through the union.
Good place to work, fun co-workers, good management.
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2012
Worked with customers, got along well with management and co-workers.
fun fast paced work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 22, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough hours
a typical day at work is stockng shelfs splitting pallets and talking with co workers
fast paced hard work empowering
General Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 16, 2012
Pros: great co workers and pay
Cons: the shifts arent consistant unless you have senoriy
this company was great to work with for 20 years. i learned great customer service skills. time management and organizational skills. learned how to lead a team and to be part of a team. the hardest part of the job was graveyard shifts.
the best part was managing the bulk foods section and having the freedom to make it my own. accomplishing great things
good place to work
Grocery Clerk produce,dairy general merchandise (Former Employee), aldergrove b,c.November 9, 2012
Pros: cool in summer warm in winter
Cons: all managers were good to work under
treated you fare atmosphere good fellow staff good natured