Save on Foods Employee Reviews

A great environment with very nice co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2016
I enjoyed my job because the shifts and hours were exactly what i wanted them to be. My co-workers were always nice and helpful. My manager was very kind and was generous when talking about changing shifts. I did not think my job was hard at all.
Pros
Free food in lunch room
Cons
far away from where i lived
Grocery Manager
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2016

Grocery Manager is in charge of hiring and training his staff, scheduling, Meet and projecting financial budgets. Proper merchandising, Stays in touch with Community Support, Making sure Store operations are met everyday
Sometimes going to a new store can be challenging every store does somethings a little bit different also adapting to other Manager types.

I enjoy everything about the Position.
Pros
Salary
I good work environment
Personal Shopper-Ecom- customer service (Current Employee) –  Save on foods Hamptons29 September 2016
I currently work part time at Save on Foods. I do enjoy it but i recently graduated college in April and want to achieve success in my field.That is Bushiness Administration.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
minimum wage
A fun work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC28 September 2016
A really fun place to work with team members, developing skills and having a lot of independence working in different departments. The hardest part of the job was being able to multitask in the deli by doing the production and also serving the customers. management was strict but also fair, they would encourage us to determine our goals bigger and better.
Pros
benefits for longer employment
Employees are just another number.
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 September 2016
Unless you are management or a supervisor you are not treated with respect most of the time. You opinion is never respected and whatever makes it more convenient to management/head office is the way they go, without considering the average employee. Sure there are some good points, however, with the meaner pay, it just isn't worth dealing with.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Lack of respect for employees
deli
Department specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2016
I worked 1 year on save on foods it was pretty nice.I have to quit because me and my husband doesnt work with our hours at work.
My manger was very friendly and able to talked to regarding hours.
Pros
bonus
Cons
6 hours
Productive and Fun environment
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Good environment, fun people to work with, very warm and welcoming management team. Perfect for first time workers. Mostly part time work.not a lot of full time hours
Great co-workers
general clerk (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC30 August 2016
My fellow staff members were mainly a wonderful bunch..meeting for coffee even outside of the workplace. Hard with the rotation of management in and out of the store..The wait of 1 full year for benefits and pay increases hard on a family
Pros
great co-workers, goodies at times, wonderful get togethers for fundraising
Cons
dept rotations, no consistant management as they get rotated out, long wait for benefits
good company
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC29 August 2016
I enjoy working there, with all great customer service I love work environment. staff and management work as friendly, wages and benefit reasonable.
positive workplace
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 August 2016
the company is nice work place a positive place to have more opportunity. people are helping each other to establish a positive community. i learned to be more productive and resourceful in everything especially with my cake designs
Fun
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 August 2016
Excellent work environment, a lot of staff to make your shift fun.
Training provided excellent for students and/or seniors
Save on Foods
Currently a cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 August 2016
A typical day at work would be me checking out costumers groceries. I would also get to sometimes clean up and fence yes isles .
Pro: Friendly Environment Cons: Minimum Wage, Understaffed, Untrained, and flawed System of Management
Restuarant Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 August 2016
Serving, baking, dishwashing, and prepackaging of items at the workplace for customers. Friendly co-workers for the most part. Being in a seniority system. Hardest part being understaffed and not being just a restuarant clerk but a cleaner, food prepper, and cashier as well. Having minimum wage, and dealing with industrial chemicals that's toxic and causes cancer as well as other cleaning chemicals that may cause skin allergies, burns from unexpected places. Has a lot of hazards at the work environment. Best part of the job is being able to be yourself.
Pros
Friendly environment, steady work environment, stable job, slight benefits for buying or joining clubs.
Cons
Lack of Safety in environment, dealing with industrial chemicals, medical benefits cover 1 year later, minimum wage, working overtime.
A busy workplace, always keeping me busy while working
Cashier, Deli, Bakery, Grocery, Dairy (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC8 August 2016
I have enjoyed working at Save On Foods for the past sixteen months. I've learned a lot about the grocery store industry. I've been trained in five departments of the store which has opened myself up to more opportunities. I have made so many great friends with my co workers, and I have made bonds with many customers. Save On foods has been an amazing job for me as a high school student.
Fun Workplace
Fresh Cut Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB5 August 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Save on Foods, it was fun,evrybody I worked with were always happy. I learned how to deal with customers better, I learned how to cope with other co workers when they are in a bad mood. My Manager was very happy all the time dealt with every problem that anyone had,She was very understanding and was a good teacher, I learnt fast about my job. The hardest part of my job was doing the product orders. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
Pros
very enjoyable workplace
Cons
working late evenings
An Overall Steady Job
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 August 2016
Serves good for a first job and I've learnt to work efficiently and co-operatively, to manage my time well within my shift to complete tasks, and to be responsible for my own safety. Most days are quite standard and predictable as you would expect from a grocery store. There is a heavy load of packaging to be done most days but is still manageable along with other tasks. My co-workers most of the time are helpful and positive individuals who work hard and are considerate of others. The hardest parts of the job are managing time and product during sales or large orders as it can create a stressful and fast paced work day. The most enjoyable aspects of working for Save On Foods is the organization of the company/store in terms of payment of employees and scheduling as they do provide an online schedule. The biggest issue i have with working at Save On Foods is the payment/pay scale. Opportunity to move up and/or receive a pay increase are difficult and when a raise is earned its quite minuscule.
Pros
payment always on time, organized, online schedules, free food
Cons
poor pay/raises, monotonous work
Very productive. Give 200% all the time.
Grocery Clerk/Personel&Health (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB28 July 2016
A typical day for me is having great team work with my co-workers. Getting the job done. Feeling great about the job i have done. Always smiling. Love being around people. Being positive.
Pros
Hard work Ethic
great work environment
Bakery Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2016
i would start with breakout then i would finish the day with cleaning up
my co workers were always helpful
remembering all of the codes for things was hard
Pros
every first Tuesday of every month there would be a pot luck
Cons
over staffed
A job perfect for those with no life outside of work
Meat Clerk and cashier (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, BC11 July 2016
They started cutting hours severely to the point where we didn't have enough people to run the department properly which resulted in overly stressed works going at each other.
There was no one to train new employees in the meat depart
ment so you very much felt like you were just thrown to the wolves. Most of my coworkers were really nice and easy to get along with how ever there was one that contentiously caused problems yet was never truly reported to head office for it.
The good things about the job was learning new things and meeting new people
Pros
Most costumers were really nice
Cons
must be at their beck and call constantly changing your schedule
I honestly quite liked it.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 July 2016
I honestly really liked working in that environment. My manager was great and my coworkers were helpful and kind. They gave me constructive criticism and helped me out when i was having a rough time. So, overall i really liked working there.