Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Fun place
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 January 2017
Work/life balance is really hard as its a union, hours are based on seniority. Also pay could be a little bit better specially when you work multiple departments.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low pay, long hours, have to work multiple departments
A busy workplace, always keeping me busy while working
Cashier, Deli, Bakery, Grocery, Dairy (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC8 August 2016
I have enjoyed working at Save On Foods for the past sixteen months. I've learned a lot about the grocery store industry. I've been trained in five departments of the store which has opened myself up to more opportunities. I have made so many great friends with my co workers, and I have made bonds with many customers. Save On foods has been an amazing job for me as a high school student.
Fun Workplace
Fresh Cut Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB5 August 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Save on Foods, it was fun,evrybody I worked with were always happy. I learned how to deal with customers better, I learned how to cope with other co workers when they are in a bad mood. My Manager was very happy all the time dealt with every problem that anyone had,She was very understanding and was a good teacher, I learnt fast about my job. The hardest part of my job was doing the product orders. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
Pros
very enjoyable workplace
Cons
working late evenings
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC13 October 2016
I enjoyed my because the shifts and ours were exactly what i wanted them to e. My o-workers were always nice and helpful. My manager was very kind and was generous when talking about changing shifts. I did not think my job was hard at all.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Minimum wage
easy and enjoyable work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB9 January 2017
management is always easy to work with as they are here to help everyone. i love working at save on because it is a good starting job for someone who has no experience.
Was a good team environment, managers for the most part were pretty good and helpful with the staff and myself
Meat Clerk, Grocery Clerk, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 February 2017
All in all Save on Foods is a good company for people looking to get into the retail business and provide strong customer service on a regular basis, my experience with Save On Foods thus far has been good and the staff provide a team environment where we all work hard for each other as well as the store itself. Being a hands on person I enjoyed working in the meat department As you are always physically active and moving, and the fast pace of the job I enjoyed doing the most. Cashier is an ideal job for someone who is less Kean on the physical demands of the meat and Grocery departments and more so on the side of socially interacting with customers and providing quality customer service at the front end of the store. Management was overall pretty good at the store and make the store a likeavle work place.
Pros
Good working environment, Good hours, flexible with schedule
Cons
Have to be quick, Have to be strong socially in interacting with customers
Pro: Friendly Environment Cons: Minimum Wage, Understaffed, Untrained, and flawed System of Management
Restuarant Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 August 2016
Serving, baking, dishwashing, and prepackaging of items at the workplace for customers. Friendly co-workers for the most part. Being in a seniority system. Hardest part being understaffed and not being just a restuarant clerk but a cleaner, food prepper, and cashier as well. Having minimum wage, and dealing with industrial chemicals that's toxic and causes cancer as well as other cleaning chemicals that may cause skin allergies, burns from unexpected places. Has a lot of hazards at the work environment. Best part of the job is being able to be yourself.
Pros
Friendly environment, steady work environment, stable job, slight benefits for buying or joining clubs.
Cons
Lack of Safety in environment, dealing with industrial chemicals, medical benefits cover 1 year later, minimum wage, working overtime.
A job perfect for those with no life outside of work
Meat Clerk and cashier (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, BC11 July 2016
They started cutting hours severely to the point where we didn't have enough people to run the department properly which resulted in overly stressed works going at each other.
There was no one to train new employees in the meat depart
ment so you very much felt like you were just thrown to the wolves. Most of my coworkers were really nice and easy to get along with how ever there was one that contentiously caused problems yet was never truly reported to head office for it.
The good things about the job was learning new things and meeting new people
Pros
Most costumers were really nice
Cons
must be at their beck and call constantly changing your schedule
I good work environment
Personal Shopper-Ecom- customer service (Current Employee) –  Save on foods Hamptons29 September 2016
I currently work part time at Save on Foods. I do enjoy it but i recently graduated college in April and want to achieve success in my field.That is Bushiness Administration.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
minimum wage
Good Entry Level Position
Cashier / General Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC18 December 2016
Typical entry level job with very basic benefits. Good for starters, or those wishing to pursue a part time job, in addition to something else. Good environment overall.
Fun And Productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2017
It is a fun place to work at and one can learn about all different departments.
The only drawback is that they are not providing the hours of works that they promised.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC20 October 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Save on Foods. It was fun, everybody I worked with were always happy. I learned how to deal with customers better and professionally handle complaints.
Pros
free food
Cons
far away from where i lived
Demo work
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC14 December 2016
Friendly customers , nice coworkers , bad , bad , BAD , management !!! There seems to be a lot favoritism and a little power seems to go to management's head !
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Poor management
easy pace with enjoyable work atmosphere
Baker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2016
working in the bakery department was a fun experience and would've liked to continue in this position. it is a great place to work and balance a life at home as well.
Hard working and fast paced environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC25 January 2017
If you enjoy working hard, this is a good job for you. The Salary leaves a little left to be desired, but there is room for advancement within the company.
A highly cooperative and fun environment to work within.
Deli Clerk and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 June 2016
A typical day at work would be managing the tills and working with the team members to provide the customers with the best customer service possible. Everyday is exciting and fun. The management team does an amazing job. Especially the store manager; manages everything and everyone at the store efficiently and in an organized way. The environment is quite lite and fun.
Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2016
Management team was excellent to work for and made a fair and enjoyable work atmosphere.
Always kept occupied and had a task at hand.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay was low
decent place to work
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC28 June 2016
It was decent, a good job for a part-time student. Not for full time. Not easy to get ahold of management, they don't know you even when you have worked there for over a year. Otherwise, good job. Understaffed at times and hard to do your job with the time given.
Pros
scheduling in advance, many awesome coworkers, seniority
Cons
late hours, not great management, big company so hard to get to know management.
summary
Produce Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
housing freezer stocking front facing prepping for floor placement fleshing produce keeping produce floor clean and greeting customers on there way in
Great!
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 October 2016
Great staff, great environment! Unfortunately I was let go, due to the lack of business with online shopping at the clear brook location.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Not a lot of business for online shopping