Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Relatively easy job, decent pay, easy to work with co workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB31 August 2017
Easy to pick up on the job at hand. Management and co workers are great to get along with. Customers are relatively friendly. Overall great job if you're in school.
Pros
flexible hours, good managment
Cons
pay
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 August 2017
Great management, customers are pleasant, most enjoyable part of the job is all of the people i work with. hardest part of the job is the decreasing number of hours.
Great experience
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 August 2017
My first job, enjoyed working with my team mates. Great company with decent benefits (other than waiting period being one year). Good training program
Great Place to start your working experience
Receiver/Junior Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC21 August 2017
Great place to have your first job and build skills that you can take away with you into all future job prospects. Need to be a hard worker and self starter
was not impressed with how some staff were treated
Multi department specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2017
i enjoyed working for save on foods but I would like to share concern about the treatment of some employees. they get taken advantage of by the company bending our rights to the max for their benifit.
Great work environment with friendly co workers.
Grocery Clerk/Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
A great working environment, Friendly and helpful co workers and management. Not to much for advancements and raises, only 5 cent raise every 500 hours worked.
Pros
Get free food sometimes
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Productive Fun
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 August 2017
Dealing with many customers and I have come to realize that you cannot please all the people all the time. I say just do your best and keep smiling. Also have learnt not to take things personally when it comes to a cranky customer because that person could be going through more then you know in life. You just have to keep focused and do your job to the best of your abilities and keep smiling!!
Pros
Good opportunities for advancement
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Great benefits and experience, little time for outside of work schedule
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 August 2017
Forced to work a minimum of 20 hours a week while trying to balance full time school. I had to work 4 hours a day after school and try to fit in 4 hours of homework and a sleep schedule on top of it. Not very understand of my situation.
Pros
Great coworkers and supervisors
Cons
No social/school life
Great First Job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 August 2017
This was a great first job for me, worked many times a week and enjoyed every shift I worked. Fast pace and fun environment, also the team members in my department were very welcoming. I learned alot.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Fun, Welcoming Employees
Cons
Warehouse Receiver/ Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2017
Good place to work, good people and work culture, fast paced abd customer orientated. safety first mentality, with weekly safety meetings and briefings, pay in not the greatest for full time workers but good for students or teenagers looking for a job.
Pros
Good management, flexibility, team lunches
Cons
Minimum wage to start, not ft hours
Severe management issues
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
Manager fired 7 different employees on the last day of their 90 day probation and never had an assistant manager the entire time i worked there. Everything in the produce department was a disaster.
Pros
Sometimes you would get your legally allotted break times
Cons
The entire produce department
Great Workplace!
E-com Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2017
i learned many things specially being a team player, learned to to achieve the customer's expectations! specially if you are a student, you will have flexible hours.
Pros
Great Salary!
Cons
short hours
No competitive wages
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 July 2017
I have worked there 3 years and am always told that I go above and beyond what other employees do, but my managers don't have the authority to give me a raise. The only opportunity for raises in the company are the 5 cent raises that automatically occur every 500 hours worked. When you are part time it is very hard to make anything more than minimum wage.
Pros
Close to home, flexible hours
Cons
Low wage
friendly staff and welcoming management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC24 July 2017
For the work you do the pay is not good and the hours are long and hard when cashiering. It takes a toll on your legs and back but overall a good place to work and they seem to accommodate you according to your needs.
Fun workplace and good quality of people to work with.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2017
Fun workplace and good quality of people to work with. I enjoyed going to work everyday at Save On Foods and met some friends along the way. I recommend working at Save On Foods.
Pros
Good quality of people
Cons
N/a
good environment to work in.
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC16 July 2017
I learned great customer service and great employees. This job was a fantastic first job. The training was great and if I had any question it was answer properly
Great Environment Overall
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC12 July 2017
Worked here for 2 years, and overall enjoyed it.
Probably the best coworkers I've had. Job itself can be repetitive though. Would definitely recommend as entry job.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Repetitive work
Experienc
Cashier majority (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 July 2017
Save on Foods was an experience for myself, that exposed me to tough costumers, early mornings, and very late shifts. Management found it difficult to respect my availability, which led me to end my part time job there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun
Cashier and grocery stock (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 July 2017
Working at save on foods was very fun and I was able to learn many skills in a faced paced environment. Being around such a great group of people that are very helpful and nice people that do a lot to better the work place.
Love it here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 July 2017
Save on foods is an amazing place to work. Union job hours depend on date of hire but after 6 months you should be getting 40 hours if thats what you are looking for. Benefits are amazing pay is okay but you can move up if you want to move out of where you are. raises every 520 hours like clockwork. they will give you hours worked for previous experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.