Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

Save on is one of the top company that i really admire, they usually does the their customer needs.
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BCApril 2, 2016
I just started at save on as a part time, i do like there, they all nice the management, my co worker and even the customer, i enjoyed most. when i met different kind of people, sharing their thoughts and sometimes an out of the blue stuff, but that's ok i enjoyed, listening to them.
Pros
extra 15 mins break and free treat (fruits)
Cons
sometimes if they ask you to have an over time, but your so tired an exhausted.
Great people and customers were quite nice because many were regulars.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 23, 2016
I generally closed so there was the serving of the customers but also maintaining workspace cleanliness and closing everything down preparing for the next day. I learned more social skills and made friends with the customers and learned what the regulars wanted. Most of my co workers were easy to work with and gave good instruction when a task needed to be done.
customer serivce great company over all
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 10, 2016
great company to work for overall. This was my first REAL job during and after high school great hours and pay great co-workers but company no longer has the same pay or benefit package as before for employees. E. I. I had to take a buy out due to my health reasons. was with company for 13 years. I went back to the company as it was great company to work for before but when I got rehired i was no where close to making a living money. I was very close to minimum wage and not many hours.. its a job for high school students who are living at home not for someone who can live on the wage all alone. great company for high school students but not for adult who has bills to pay and family to feed
Good career for retail foods
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 30, 2016
Typical retail store
Unioned
You learned many new skills that will carry thru to other jobs if needed.
Management is great, they listen and help if need to and are willing to work right beside you to get the job done.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge you acquire and the different jobs you can learn with in the job.
Pros
Friendly envroment
Cons
Retail
Procudctive and Friendly Work Enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 10, 2016
Save on Foods, specifically the front end, is an amazing department to work in as we are the faces the customer last see's when leaving the grocery store. We assure they are leaving with a smile and full satisfaction of individual needs. Management has changed continuously during the time I've worked at Save On Foods, and I can confidently say each individual has taught me about either customer service, image or the history/background of Save On Foods. This allowed me to expand my knowledge and deliver high end service for our customers. The most enjoyable part about working at Save On Foods is the customer appreciation that you have done something that will put a smile on their face. I also enjoy seeing regular customers as they become a familiar face and we are able to have great conversations when being served.
Pros
Communacation with regular customers
Cons
Low Salary
fun place to work and everyone was friendly
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 4, 2016
Helped everyone out when needed help and greeted customers everyday. the pay was great and i loved working with everyone there. i gained a lot of customer service skills and working in fast paste environments. i love working with people
Pros
great environment and pay
Cons
too far
fun work place
Sales Person & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BCFebruary 18, 2016
 Over 5 years of experience as a cashier & customer service at Save on foods
 To obtain a position in your Institution- Entry Level-in order to utilize my skills and knowledge, as well as, to enjoy the positive and fruitful environment that your place is offering.
 Excellent customer service
Fun and productive workplace
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BCNovember 8, 2015
At Save On Foods we're like a family.
For me it's a home away from home. Everyone is extremely friendly and always in a happy mood. If i'm ever feeling down I can count on the staff to turn my mood around. There's always something to do so you're always occupied, management makes sure of that. Management is absolutely amazing, always making sure everything is okay. I've learned so much through out my experience.
Pros
Staff draws every 2nd week
Cons
Scattered hours
Lack of Organization
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2015
I learned nothing for lack of training. They said I would get part time hours which meant one 8 hour shift once biweekly (until training happened, which never did). Management does not communicate together nor do they really respect staff. The co-workers are very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is keeping manager happy. The most enjoyable part is the customers. I saw on here that it was a fun, enjoyable place to work. Wow, was I wrong!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Miscommunications, stressful
Fun place
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMarch 20, 2016
The job is fun overall, however the management is not understanding of your school life. The team members are easy to get along with and they all enjoy interacting with the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the close team us employees are.
Filling fruit/Veggies
Produce Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Just filling fruits and Veggies all day, very long day
Rotation of fruit
Managers are somewhat nice
Co-workers will work if they are responsible
Days are very long
When the work day is over is the most enjoyable part of the job
friendly and productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 26, 2016
This is a very pleasant work environment working with customers to get their groceries through the till in a friendly atmosphere in a positive manner. It is a good company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone
Great place to work with great people
Front End Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
I loved working at Save On Foods, the people I worked with were friendly yet professional. The hours were flexible and they were willing to accommodate everyone's needs.
Fun Work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 2, 2016
A good place to work just do not get a sufficient amount of hours.
Always keeps you busy
Good interaction with people
Many different things to do
Deal with money and interac
Management is friendly
nice people
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2016
Fun place to work and great people just below average wages. Hours were good and management were very reasonable. Would recommend this job to a student or someone looking for a part-time job
Great Experience with customers
Department Specialist (Deli) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2016
good job to improve on customer service/satisfaction, multitasking skills were used a lot, energetic place to work at especially with fun out going people.
Great starter job
Produce Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Great company, lots of opportunity to advance, pay increase every 500 hours and great benefits and discounts are okay. Overall i recommend
Pros
Good union, career advancement, good benefits
Happy place to work
3rd Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2015
Nice place to work. Super clean out of any grocery store I have shopped at. Super friendly staff and always willing to help. Loved working with my employees.
Pros
Staff were great
Cons
Raise increase sucks every 500hrs. When I worked there 4 years, All I got was an $1.50 raise..
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BCApril 11, 2016
great place to work, friendly management, and flexible hours for students. Really easy to get adjusted and be apart of the save on family
Pros
great team, and break schedule
Positive work environment
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 2, 2015
For the most part it is a good place to work. Management usually tries to create a fun and encouraging work environment. There's frequent opportunity to advance and free online education for employees. However like all retail there's a heavy work load and high expectations. Also it takes time to build seniority to get the shifts or days off you want. Save-On-Foods is a great first job or part time job.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
Heavy work load, start at minimum wage