Save on Foods Employee Reviews

save on foods
part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
Awful management. Hours are constantly cut down to half or more for all workers.Very unsafe workplace, manager taking advantage for workers, just a poor place to work.
Pros
people
Cons
not provide with enough hours
Deli girl, hot and cold, slicing, cleaning and customer service.
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2017
Ran hot and cold side of the deli, cleaning and operating slicing equipment. Taking orders and good customer service was a must,
Stocking and refilling all items. Logging your products and wastes.
Good place to work and friendly coworkers
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC16 March 2017
Got along with all co worker's and had a good time working in produce and helping customer's. Over all friendly work environment with good work hours.
Good First Time Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 March 2017
I enjoyed my time at Save on Foods. This employment allowed for me to grow my skills as an employee, and rewards hard work with ample opportunity to move up the ladder.
Save on Foods
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, B.C14 March 2017
A typical day at work requires just baking and making cakes. I work in the bakery, but there is a lot of heavy lifting which I consider the hardest part of my job. Our management is consistently changing so there are new rules and regulations every time a new manager comes in. I learned that its hard to adjust to a different work condition depending on new management, but I am always willing to learn. I enjoy working with all my employees, there are many students that work part time like me. Since were all so close in age, it makes the work place more enjoyable.
Pros
monthly lunch provided by our manager.
Cons
Busy on weekends which gets tiring.
This company is well managed and treats their employees with respect and thoughtfulness
Floral, Produce, and Cut Fruit Worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 March 2017
This company is pleasant to work for. They treat team members with respect, and are organized, train employees well, consider requests made for time off for doctor visits/holidays. They do not overload employees with work that cannot reasonably be accomplished during their time shift. They are prompt in keeping online information of team members working hours posted. they give raises every 500 hours. After training, they give employees respect to carry out their jobs without daily continued harassment, that has occurred in other jobs I have worked at.
terrible stay away!!
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
a bunch of lairs stay away from this company they promise shifts but dont schedule you bringing you round and round in circle not giving any answers on why you haven't been getting shifts
Great place for learning skills and starting out
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 March 2017
Was my first official paying job, thus I learned a lot about customer service, staying active and positive, learning how to manage cash, customers and phone calls.
Training went well and was thorough, lots of help was provided when needed.
Was busy as a cashier and learned to be conditioned to a constant stream of work.
Gained insight through conversations with customers as well as the great management team who were very caring.
Overall great place to work, clean and tidy
Pros
Many positions to choose from
Cons
May be victimised to scams by customers (Happened to me)
A welcoming team focused environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC9 March 2017
An excellent place to work long term, with room for steady advancement. My favourite part of the job was helping regular customers and fellow members of my community.
Its a productive fun place
Customer Service Associate & Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 March 2017
Its a terrific place to work although trying to survive on the salary alone is a tough job. My co workers are understandable and appreciative. Were able to joke around and get the work done. Show your effort and you'll most likely be recognized for it. Its a place I would pass down to a friend of mine just for a great working experience.
It's a fun environment to work in
Na (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC7 March 2017
It's a very fun environment to work in.
Friendly staff// team members
I didn't like the wage for the amount of work they make u do and the fairness of union old employees.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Very flexable with hours when working part time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
Good place to work if you don't mind a little "office drama" here and there.

Wouldn't recommend for a full time job unless you're hoping for a management position at some point and if so its very political; kind of a who you know not what you know.

Hardest part of the job is that its very repetitive and obviously dealing with customers can be brutal.

Most enjoyable part of the job can be coworkers if you get along with them and even if you don't its still decent.
Accessibility and customer service experience.
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2017
Fun place to work and accessible. I have learned more about customer service and work with efficiently from junior to senior team. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people from different culture.
Great environment but hectic schedule
Part-time Cashier - Summer Job (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 March 2017
I worked at the Save on in Sahali (Kamloops). The staff were great and friendly (most of them) and management was okay, but the schedule was the only thing I had an issue with. If you needed a day of you couldn't ask for it if it was within 3 weeks of the current date, and the schedule was CONSTANTLY changing; you had to check every time online before you went into work to see if you were still actually working.
Pros
Free food in the break room, 3 breaks/day (15, 30, 15)
Cons
bad schedule
good learning experience
Cashier and Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC2 March 2017
this is a good company to work for if it is your first job. you learn man skills to get you through life.

I don't believe the management staff was very well trained in dealing with the staff, but i liked working there very much
Cons
constant schedule changes with little to no notice
Good comapany. Nice people. Horrible scheduling. Needs improvement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 March 2017
I enjoyed my job there but there were a lot of issues such as not being given a proper schedule but being called in to work every day. The management is nice and easy to talk to. An issue i had was that they never fired anyone. They would rather have bad employees instead of a bad reputation.
Fun work place
Deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 February 2017
Save on foods is a great place to work and provides you with lots of skills. It is a fun work environment and the management team does everything they can to help you do your job.
Happy workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sidney, BC26 February 2017
Good place to work, you get rewarded for doing your job great, with chocolate bars and gift cards to save on foods. Friendly staff.
It is an extremely flexible job with no potential
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 February 2017
I find my job to be enjoyable when just following simple orders and performing the basic task. New workers are paid $11/hr.
I learned that workers with XX years of experience are paid 3 times amount of a new worker.
My store manager is completely clueless when it comes to managing people. He probably can manage the store but when it comes to connecting with the workers, he is on another planet. Not relatable and condescending.
Workplace culture: Terrible. People are overworked and tired. Everyone is always in a bad mood.
Pros
Simple job
Cons
Management is terrible
Was a good team environment, managers for the most part were pretty good and helpful with the staff and myself
Meat Clerk, Grocery Clerk, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 February 2017
All in all Save on Foods is a good company for people looking to get into the retail business and provide strong customer service on a regular basis, my experience with Save On Foods thus far has been good and the staff provide a team environment where we all work hard for each other as well as the store itself. Being a hands on person I enjoyed working in the meat department As you are always physically active and moving, and the fast pace of the job I enjoyed doing the most. Cashier is an ideal job for someone who is less Kean on the physical demands of the meat and Grocery departments and more so on the side of socially interacting with customers and providing quality customer service at the front end of the store. Management was overall pretty good at the store and make the store a likeavle work place.
Pros
Good working environment, Good hours, flexible with schedule
Cons
Have to be quick, Have to be strong socially in interacting with customers

77%