Save on Foods

Save on Foods Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Save On Foods
Coffee Bar Barista (Former Employee), calgary, ABApril 18, 2015
Pros: Free breaks
Cons: overtime
On a typical day at work I would do the following:
-Serve coffee to customers
-Work on till
-Clean your surroundings
-Assist customers with their groceries
-Help the kitchen when it got too busy (make food, clean etc.)
a
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2015
Pros: Paid Weekly + extra $1 per hour on Sunday's.
Cons: Can't really think of anything.
I learned how to work under pressure, and time myself accordingly! I was able to provide a fast, friendly and fun checkout experience.
Clerk
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 12, 2015
its a decent job. typical day at work same thing over and over gets boring. i like a challenge at times. Co workers are very good people
Good People and Environment
Front End Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Repetitive
I had a good amount of training when I started which was helpful. I learned a variety of codes and how to operate the cash register. The management was okay. I would have enjoyed interacting more with the manager of my department as well as getting offered opportunities for advancement based on my career aspirations. A lot of the people I worked with were nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job was the lack of flexibility when it came to sick days and the most enjoyable part were the regular customers who came in and the overall enjoyable attitude of the people who I worked with.
no review
Cashier (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 2, 2015
Pros: meeting. new people
Cons: working conditions
The company was union was great for older staff. Newer staff worked 40 hrs a week but were considered part time and so no big wages or health caree.
The variety of work creates a forever changing and fresh feeling environment.
General Clerk & Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Varied team membership bonuses, outside of business operations
Cons: No static discount
A typical day at this job requires me to be attentive to all aspects of the store. Each grocery clerk must respond to cashier duties, in assisting a full service and helping regulate the flow of customers, by bagging or opening another register. Customer service, from communication and cleanliness to organization and conflict resolution, are daily skills that are needed to run the business efficiently. I've learned there are many great people to be met in the world and to give the best service possible always. It creates a positive and progressive environment that all should aim to achieve. The management team does a good job at keeping the customers and employees content with their experiences in the store.

The largest obstacle to overcome while working has to be knowing where all the variety of products are located across the store, which comes with time. The best part of working at this job is knowing there is room for expansion in particular skills and knowledge courses.
save on foods
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2015
Was a great company to work for.Very helpful great people to work for, didn't like we didn't get any discounts, liked everything was online etch
Not a nice place to work
Cashier Part Time (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Some really nice people worked there
Cons: No hours
I worked for Save On Foods at an Edmonton store, for over a year before being finally forced to quit. I was admitted that a couple of the supervisors didn't like me and so harassed me till I quit...though the store is Unionized, nothing was done about these two despite other complaints. Sad...
Long days, but I met a lot of people
Gas Bar Manager (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: busy all the time, so the days went fast
Cons: no breaks. sore feet and back.
Typical day was 7 and a half hours long, with no breaks. This was due to the fact that the morning shift was always worked alone. However, the time went fast, as I was always busy doing something. Customer service, cleaning, stocking, paperwork. The list was endless. I liked this job very much, and wish it didn't have to end. The Overwaitea Food Group got out of the gas business, and sold all of it's gas bars in 2012.
Slave on by working at Save on
Grocery department specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits are decent
Cons: terrible environment
Terrible management, too much favoritism, terrible scheduling. Fastest shrink item is employee morale. Only work here if you can't go anywhere else. Could be store I am at, but the managers are awful and do not recognize their employees no matter how hard they slave. Pay is low and raises are very small. Only if you are a favorite will you advance.
Fast-paced, challenging, engaging
General clerk (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: awesome people. time and a half on stats which are plenty through the year
Cons: low chance of getting bast benefits now with the direction of the company
I spent ten years as part of the Overweitea Food Group at Save On Foods in Fleetwood. I received awesome training working with a great group of people and was placed in head production role because of my ability for production and efficiency on the Job as well as time-management. I had amazing benefits (including ATO's=paid days off bi-weekly, 90% dental and sick bank), fun work environment ideal for coaching, mentoring and challenging people to think on their feet as well as learning various aspects of management through experience and seeking growth.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Would not recommend this for anyone. The management staff there were not friendly and not helpful in the least. Would never go back to work there.
Internship at Save on Foods- Free Food For All!!
Assistant Pharmacist (Former Employee), Ladner , BCJanuary 5, 2015
I worked as a Pharmacy Assistant at this location. It was a 3 month volunteer experience. Working at the pharmacy at Save on Foods was great. I had a great staff, all of them were different in their own ways and I got to learn so much from each of them. I learnt how difficult it can be to work under pressure and especially when you are under staffed and there are patients and customers wanting service. The most enjoyable part of the day was to be able to smell freshly baked bread throughout my shift and then to be able to go to the lunch room and have a table full of free food and a coffee vending machine for the extra espresso for the not so sunny days. No, in reality I enjoyed learning about different medications and how to tackle difficult situations in the pharmacy forefront and how to correctly speak to health care professionals.
first time job
Cashier (part-time) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: part time
Cons: part time
help customers, first part time job. Everyday was different
A very entertaining place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: your fellow team members always had your back
Cons: did not fuction well with school
The typical day would be go to work, make sure your uniform is clean. Immediately, you would be taking costumer's orders, and working at a fast pace level. Costumers were quit rude, and sometimes violent. Having people skills is definitely a requirement for this job. However, there was a few bonuses i got from the workplace. I now have better communication skills, as well as more work experience for the future.
Fast paced engaging safety focused
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 10, 2014
Pros: busy, coworkers, consistent
Cons: little to no discipline for management
Always busy (made day go by fast)
Always got enough or more hours
Terrible resolution for dealing with corrupt management
Great coworkers
Safety information consistently provided and easily found
Average wages but consistent with raises
Easy work.. it was a deli
Deli Server (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 4, 2014
it was such a long time ago i honestly don't remember.
i cut meat for people.
and sliced cheese.
and made chicken pot pie.
and swept...alot.
fast past environment. good company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: they care and have staff appreciation events
Cons: long days and very busy ones.
Busy store, always on and anticipating customer needs, alot of standing, moving and lifting, Management is great and always helps when we are hit by a surge in customers at tills, Coworkers are great . Hardest part of the job is physical. Alot of lifting, Most enjoyable is the personal interaction with people during the day.
active job
Cashier (Former Employee), StadiumOctober 28, 2014
it was good working at Save On Foods. just couldn't travel the distance at night by myself.
I dont get much hours which I'm disappointed :(
Retail Assistant (Current Employee), Southeast CalgaryOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free meals available
Cons: i havent got long hours. i used to work around 14 hrs weekly.
Its good. But some co-workers don't like newcomers. Our department Manager is very kind & he is a great human being.

1 2 3 4 5