Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2016
Management team was excellent to work for and made a fair and enjoyable work atmosphere.
Always kept occupied and had a task at hand.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay was low
It was a wonderful place working with flowers!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 November 2016
It was my very first job into the providing customer service; originally it was the store of Richmond that called me and they asked me if willing to drive back and forth Abbotsford, I was willing but they gave a change in Abbotsford and stayed for 10 years. We did wedding, funeral packages; corsages graduations flowers; customer service;
Pros
I learned alot with the floweres arragetments;
Cons
A person got to do alot of funurals:((
Fun workplace with friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at save on foods and was treated with respect by my fellow coworkers and management staff. excellent training was provided and i was able to learn how to complete the tasks at hand in a timely manner.
Pros
predictable shifts, good pay
Alright
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
Not a greats job I don't like standing in one place for long periods of time I like to be moving around it makes shifts go by way faster
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Rude managers
Great!
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 October 2016
Great staff, great environment! Unfortunately I was let go, due to the lack of business with online shopping at the clear brook location.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Not a lot of business for online shopping
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC20 October 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Save on Foods. It was fun, everybody I worked with were always happy. I learned how to deal with customers better and professionally handle complaints.
Pros
free food
Cons
far away from where i lived
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC13 October 2016
I enjoyed my because the shifts and ours were exactly what i wanted them to e. My o-workers were always nice and helpful. My manager was very kind and was generous when talking about changing shifts. I did not think my job was hard at all.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Minimum wage
A great environment with very nice co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2016
I enjoyed my job because the shifts and hours were exactly what i wanted them to be. My co-workers were always nice and helpful. My manager was very kind and was generous when talking about changing shifts. I did not think my job was hard at all.
Pros
Free food in lunch room
Cons
far away from where i lived
Grocery Manager
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2016

Grocery Manager is in charge of hiring and training his staff, scheduling, Meet and projecting financial budgets. Proper merchandising, Stays in touch with Community Support, Making sure Store operations are met everyday
Sometimes going to a new store can be challenging every store does somethings a little bit different also adapting to other Manager types.

I enjoy everything about the Position.
Pros
Salary
I good work environment
Personal Shopper-Ecom- customer service (Current Employee) –  Save on foods Hamptons29 September 2016
I currently work part time at Save on Foods. I do enjoy it but i recently graduated college in April and want to achieve success in my field.That is Bushiness Administration.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
minimum wage
A fun work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC28 September 2016
A really fun place to work with team members, developing skills and having a lot of independence working in different departments. The hardest part of the job was being able to multitask in the deli by doing the production and also serving the customers. management was strict but also fair, they would encourage us to determine our goals bigger and better.
Pros
benefits for longer employment
Employees are just another number.
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 September 2016
Unless you are management or a supervisor you are not treated with respect most of the time. You opinion is never respected and whatever makes it more convenient to management/head office is the way they go, without considering the average employee. Sure there are some good points, however, with the meaner pay, it just isn't worth dealing with.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Lack of respect for employees
deli
Department specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2016
I worked 1 year on save on foods it was pretty nice.I have to quit because me and my husband doesnt work with our hours at work.
My manger was very friendly and able to talked to regarding hours.
Pros
bonus
Cons
6 hours
Productive and Fun environment
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Good environment, fun people to work with, very warm and welcoming management team. Perfect for first time workers. Mostly part time work.not a lot of full time hours
Great co-workers
general clerk (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC30 August 2016
My fellow staff members were mainly a wonderful bunch..meeting for coffee even outside of the workplace. Hard with the rotation of management in and out of the store..The wait of 1 full year for benefits and pay increases hard on a family
Pros
great co-workers, goodies at times, wonderful get togethers for fundraising
Cons
dept rotations, no consistant management as they get rotated out, long wait for benefits
good company
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC29 August 2016
I enjoy working there, with all great customer service I love work environment. staff and management work as friendly, wages and benefit reasonable.
positive workplace
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 August 2016
the company is nice work place a positive place to have more opportunity. people are helping each other to establish a positive community. i learned to be more productive and resourceful in everything especially with my cake designs
Fun
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 August 2016
Excellent work environment, a lot of staff to make your shift fun.
Training provided excellent for students and/or seniors
Save on Foods
Currently a cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 August 2016
A typical day at work would be me checking out costumers groceries. I would also get to sometimes clean up and fence yes isles .
Pro: Friendly Environment Cons: Minimum Wage, Understaffed, Untrained, and flawed System of Management
Restuarant Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 August 2016
Serving, baking, dishwashing, and prepackaging of items at the workplace for customers. Friendly co-workers for the most part. Being in a seniority system. Hardest part being understaffed and not being just a restuarant clerk but a cleaner, food prepper, and cashier as well. Having minimum wage, and dealing with industrial chemicals that's toxic and causes cancer as well as other cleaning chemicals that may cause skin allergies, burns from unexpected places. Has a lot of hazards at the work environment. Best part of the job is being able to be yourself.
Pros
Friendly environment, steady work environment, stable job, slight benefits for buying or joining clubs.
Cons
Lack of Safety in environment, dealing with industrial chemicals, medical benefits cover 1 year later, minimum wage, working overtime.