Save on Foods Employee Reviews

customer serivce great company over all
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 10, 2016
great company to work for overall. This was my first REAL job during and after high school great hours and pay great co-workers but company no longer has the same pay or benefit package as before for employees. E. I. I had to take a buy out due to my health reasons. was with company for 13 years. I went back to the company as it was great company to work for before but when I got rehired i was no where close to making a living money. I was very close to minimum wage and not many hours.. its a job for high school students who are living at home not for someone who can live on the wage all alone. great company for high school students but not for adult who has bills to pay and family to feed
Interesting place to work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 27, 2016
It's not a bad place to work, most of the staff that works there are friendly, management could learn a few things though.
friendly and productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 26, 2016
This is a very pleasant work environment working with customers to get their groceries through the till in a friendly atmosphere in a positive manner. It is a good company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone
nice part-time with flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2016
Nice work environment but average management. Very flexible hours, so not a bad part-time job. Too little room for growth.
Great atmosphere to work in; I learned a lot about customer service and people were friendly.
produce associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 9, 2016
typical day I would walk in, get ready for work, they would all be welcoming and friendly; and there was no complications between areas of work (Example: Between Bakery and Produce). I would go on break usually on time. Once or twice I nearly missed lunch due to a rush hour but manager was forgiving.
I learned the importance of being reliable, worth ethic, how to stock properly, how to adapt to a new environment, and to ask questions.
The assistant manager had some of the best costumer service skills I had ever seen. Somebody I wanted to impress. My manager made me feel like he didn't like me, but he did his job well.
All co workers were friendly. Conversation easily flowed between me and whomever I was working near. Something I quite wasn't used to.
I found the pace and the amount of work to be done quite hard.
The most enjoyable was the atmosphere and the people I worked with.
Pros
Friendly co workers, forgiving manager, friendly customers, free food in break room, tv in break room
Cons
Long hours, fast paced, overwhelming, the rare rude customer, still not sure why I was terminated.
Great starter job
Produce Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Great company, lots of opportunity to advance, pay increase every 500 hours and great benefits and discounts are okay. Overall i recommend
Pros
Good union, career advancement, good benefits
Fun and Energetic Place
gereral clerk (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJanuary 8, 2016
I had a lot of fun working for save on foods for the past 4.5 years. Everyone there made each day a different type of experience. Great atmosphere when it came to everyone's customer service.
Bad
Cashier­ help customers (Former Employee) –  Newton, BCJanuary 3, 2016
hardest job ever. very bad mangement, Everything was done by politics in the store. employees were fun to talk to but would say stuff behind your back. overall wouldnt recommend the job
Fun place to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCDecember 24, 2015
Great place to work at.
Everyone is very friendly
Get to learn a lot; training easily available
Co-workers and supervisors are very helpful
It just wasn't for me
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABDecember 16, 2015
It wasn't the worst place to be i just didn't like the produce management and i wasn't getting nearly enough hours as i wanted.
Not an enjoyable atmosphere
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCDecember 16, 2015
I was promised 32 hours when hired. But only received less than 8 hours per month. Would not recommend anyone to apply here
Pros
Cons
No hours
not good
Bakery Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABNovember 23, 2015
I packaged goods, provided customer service, made items and worked as apart of a team. I stacked shelves, cleaned and did what management told me
fun and productive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 19, 2015
Positive co-workers and management very challenging everyday because there's lots of customers. Also i learned that you have to be patient to people. The most enjoyable is meeting new people everyday with smile.
Happy place to work
3rd Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2015
Nice place to work. Super clean out of any grocery store I have shopped at. Super friendly staff and always willing to help. Loved working with my employees.
Pros
Staff were great
Cons
Raise increase sucks every 500hrs. When I worked there 4 years, All I got was an $1.50 raise..
no hours
Grocery clerk and training (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCNovember 16, 2015
work was ok but not enough hours and sometimes none at all. the management team has no respect for their associates. it was oo farto travel to and too muchtraffic on the way to get there, i had school close to all the shifts i got too.
Save on Foods
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 13, 2015
Friendly environment, laid back, clean place, close to home, nice bosses, lots of hours, enjoy working there, flexible hours
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Low pay
very modern store,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2015
Save on foods is the place to go if you want to buy organic items, every person in the store is very friendly, very family grocery store.
Fun and productive workplace
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BCNovember 8, 2015
At Save On Foods we're like a family.
For me it's a home away from home. Everyone is extremely friendly and always in a happy mood. If i'm ever feeling down I can count on the staff to turn my mood around. There's always something to do so you're always occupied, management makes sure of that. Management is absolutely amazing, always making sure everything is okay. I've learned so much through out my experience.
Pros
Staff draws every 2nd week
Cons
Scattered hours
Okay place to work
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2015
Its not a bad place to work.
Some managers suck and are not willing to give you time off. Save On Foods has great pay tho.

My bakery manager was the worst manger. He didnt know anything
Lack of Organization
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2015
I learned nothing for lack of training. They said I would get part time hours which meant one 8 hour shift once biweekly (until training happened, which never did). Management does not communicate together nor do they really respect staff. The co-workers are very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is keeping manager happy. The most enjoyable part is the customers. I saw on here that it was a fun, enjoyable place to work. Wow, was I wrong!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Miscommunications, stressful