Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

Save on is one of the top company that i really admire, they usually does the their customer needs.
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BCApril 2, 2016
I just started at save on as a part time, i do like there, they all nice the management, my co worker and even the customer, i enjoyed most. when i met different kind of people, sharing their thoughts and sometimes an out of the blue stuff, but that's ok i enjoyed, listening to them.
Pros
extra 15 mins break and free treat (fruits)
Cons
sometimes if they ask you to have an over time, but your so tired an exhausted.
Great people and customers were quite nice because many were regulars.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCFebruary 23, 2016
I generally closed so there was the serving of the customers but also maintaining workspace cleanliness and closing everything down preparing for the next day. I learned more social skills and made friends with the customers and learned what the regulars wanted. Most of my co workers were easy to work with and gave good instruction when a task needed to be done.
Good career for retail foods
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 30, 2016
Typical retail store
Unioned
You learned many new skills that will carry thru to other jobs if needed.
Management is great, they listen and help if need to and are willing to work right beside you to get the job done.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge you acquire and the different jobs you can learn with in the job.
Pros
Friendly envroment
Cons
Retail
customer serivce great company over all
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 10, 2016
great company to work for overall. This was my first REAL job during and after high school great hours and pay great co-workers but company no longer has the same pay or benefit package as before for employees. E. I. I had to take a buy out due to my health reasons. was with company for 13 years. I went back to the company as it was great company to work for before but when I got rehired i was no where close to making a living money. I was very close to minimum wage and not many hours.. its a job for high school students who are living at home not for someone who can live on the wage all alone. great company for high school students but not for adult who has bills to pay and family to feed
A good job for high school students doing part time.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2016
typical day at work is finishing all of the freight that comes in and then facing the entire store before closing.
things I learned : memorized all of the aisles of which foods are in, how grocery stores are run.
management is okay. they are helpful and focused but also very unorganized and they do not have set schedules. you work all hours of any day.
my co workers are great people, work hard, very easy to communicate, I consider them my friends.
the hardest part of the job is working in the freezer alone and having to do all of the frozen freight alone within one shift and lifting really heavy boxes without any help.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
the co workers are very pleasent to be around.
Cons
no permanent set hours. call you in to work on your day off. Ask alot of one person. expect too much
Terrible Management, Changing shifts, Assigned shifts exceeding avaliability.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
The management was terrible. The co-workers were easy to work with but the environment was unsettling. An average workday would consist of being discouraged due to comments made towards me by Management.
Pros
Enjoyed talking to customers
Cons
Terrible Management
Procudctive and Friendly Work Enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 10, 2016
Save on Foods, specifically the front end, is an amazing department to work in as we are the faces the customer last see's when leaving the grocery store. We assure they are leaving with a smile and full satisfaction of individual needs. Management has changed continuously during the time I've worked at Save On Foods, and I can confidently say each individual has taught me about either customer service, image or the history/background of Save On Foods. This allowed me to expand my knowledge and deliver high end service for our customers. The most enjoyable part about working at Save On Foods is the customer appreciation that you have done something that will put a smile on their face. I also enjoy seeing regular customers as they become a familiar face and we are able to have great conversations when being served.
Pros
Communacation with regular customers
Cons
Low Salary
fun place to work and everyone was friendly
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 4, 2016
Helped everyone out when needed help and greeted customers everyday. the pay was great and i loved working with everyone there. i gained a lot of customer service skills and working in fast paste environments. i love working with people
Pros
great environment and pay
Cons
too far
fun work place
Sales Person & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BCFebruary 18, 2016
 Over 5 years of experience as a cashier & customer service at Save on foods
 To obtain a position in your Institution- Entry Level-in order to utilize my skills and knowledge, as well as, to enjoy the positive and fruitful environment that your place is offering.
 Excellent customer service
Great Place to Work...Not A Lot of Room for Growth
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCMay 14, 2016
A typical day at work starts with a great attitude. I have learned how to serve customers more efficiently and I've learned how to try and keep every single person happy. Management is great. They're fair, and non-judgmental.
Fun place
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMarch 20, 2016
The job is fun overall, however the management is not understanding of your school life. The team members are easy to get along with and they all enjoy interacting with the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the close team us employees are.
Fun and productive workplace
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BCNovember 8, 2015
At Save On Foods we're like a family.
For me it's a home away from home. Everyone is extremely friendly and always in a happy mood. If i'm ever feeling down I can count on the staff to turn my mood around. There's always something to do so you're always occupied, management makes sure of that. Management is absolutely amazing, always making sure everything is okay. I've learned so much through out my experience.
Pros
Staff draws every 2nd week
Cons
Scattered hours
Lack of Organization
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2015
I learned nothing for lack of training. They said I would get part time hours which meant one 8 hour shift once biweekly (until training happened, which never did). Management does not communicate together nor do they really respect staff. The co-workers are very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is keeping manager happy. The most enjoyable part is the customers. I saw on here that it was a fun, enjoyable place to work. Wow, was I wrong!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Miscommunications, stressful
Filling fruit/Veggies
Produce Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Just filling fruits and Veggies all day, very long day
Rotation of fruit
Managers are somewhat nice
Co-workers will work if they are responsible
Days are very long
When the work day is over is the most enjoyable part of the job
friendly and productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 26, 2016
This is a very pleasant work environment working with customers to get their groceries through the till in a friendly atmosphere in a positive manner. It is a good company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone
Great place to work with great people
Front End Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
I loved working at Save On Foods, the people I worked with were friendly yet professional. The hours were flexible and they were willing to accommodate everyone's needs.
gerenal help
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
i was a good company to work had some nice co workers and i liked working inside i learned alot about cumtoer service it was hard working outside and in the winter the management was ok
nice people
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2016
Fun place to work and great people just below average wages. Hours were good and management were very reasonable. Would recommend this job to a student or someone looking for a part-time job
Fun Work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 2, 2016
A good place to work just do not get a sufficient amount of hours.
Always keeps you busy
Good interaction with people
Many different things to do
Deal with money and interac
Management is friendly
Great Experience with customers
Department Specialist (Deli) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2016
good job to improve on customer service/satisfaction, multitasking skills were used a lot, energetic place to work at especially with fun out going people.