Save on Foods Employee Reviews

It was a wonderful place working with flowers!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 November 2016
It was my very first job into the providing customer service; originally it was the store of Richmond that called me and they asked me if willing to drive back and forth Abbotsford, I was willing but they gave a change in Abbotsford and stayed for 10 years. We did wedding, funeral packages; corsages graduations flowers; customer service;
Pros
I learned alot with the floweres arragetments;
Cons
A person got to do alot of funurals:((
Grocery Manager
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2016

Grocery Manager is in charge of hiring and training his staff, scheduling, Meet and projecting financial budgets. Proper merchandising, Stays in touch with Community Support, Making sure Store operations are met everyday
Sometimes going to a new store can be challenging every store does somethings a little bit different also adapting to other Manager types.

I enjoy everything about the Position.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Employees are just another number.
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 September 2016
Unless you are management or a supervisor you are not treated with respect most of the time. You opinion is never respected and whatever makes it more convenient to management/head office is the way they go, without considering the average employee. Sure there are some good points, however, with the meaner pay, it just isn't worth dealing with.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Lack of respect for employees
A fun work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC28 September 2016
A really fun place to work with team members, developing skills and having a lot of independence working in different departments. The hardest part of the job was being able to multitask in the deli by doing the production and also serving the customers. management was strict but also fair, they would encourage us to determine our goals bigger and better.
Pros
benefits for longer employment
Great co-workers
general clerk (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC30 August 2016
My fellow staff members were mainly a wonderful bunch..meeting for coffee even outside of the workplace. Hard with the rotation of management in and out of the store..The wait of 1 full year for benefits and pay increases hard on a family
Pros
great co-workers, goodies at times, wonderful get togethers for fundraising
Cons
dept rotations, no consistant management as they get rotated out, long wait for benefits
A busy workplace, always keeping me busy while working
Cashier, Deli, Bakery, Grocery, Dairy (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC8 August 2016
I have enjoyed working at Save On Foods for the past sixteen months. I've learned a lot about the grocery store industry. I've been trained in five departments of the store which has opened myself up to more opportunities. I have made so many great friends with my co workers, and I have made bonds with many customers. Save On foods has been an amazing job for me as a high school student.
Fun Workplace
Fresh Cut Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB5 August 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Save on Foods, it was fun,evrybody I worked with were always happy. I learned how to deal with customers better, I learned how to cope with other co workers when they are in a bad mood. My Manager was very happy all the time dealt with every problem that anyone had,She was very understanding and was a good teacher, I learnt fast about my job. The hardest part of my job was doing the product orders. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
Pros
very enjoyable workplace
Cons
working late evenings
A great environment with very nice co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2016
I enjoyed my job because the shifts and hours were exactly what i wanted them to be. My co-workers were always nice and helpful. My manager was very kind and was generous when talking about changing shifts. I did not think my job was hard at all.
Pros
Free food in lunch room
Cons
far away from where i lived
A job perfect for those with no life outside of work
Meat Clerk and cashier (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, BC11 July 2016
They started cutting hours severely to the point where we didn't have enough people to run the department properly which resulted in overly stressed works going at each other.
There was no one to train new employees in the meat depart
ment so you very much felt like you were just thrown to the wolves. Most of my coworkers were really nice and easy to get along with how ever there was one that contentiously caused problems yet was never truly reported to head office for it.
The good things about the job was learning new things and meeting new people
Pros
Most costumers were really nice
Cons
must be at their beck and call constantly changing your schedule
Pro: Friendly Environment Cons: Minimum Wage, Understaffed, Untrained, and flawed System of Management
Restuarant Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 August 2016
Serving, baking, dishwashing, and prepackaging of items at the workplace for customers. Friendly co-workers for the most part. Being in a seniority system. Hardest part being understaffed and not being just a restuarant clerk but a cleaner, food prepper, and cashier as well. Having minimum wage, and dealing with industrial chemicals that's toxic and causes cancer as well as other cleaning chemicals that may cause skin allergies, burns from unexpected places. Has a lot of hazards at the work environment. Best part of the job is being able to be yourself.
Pros
Friendly environment, steady work environment, stable job, slight benefits for buying or joining clubs.
Cons
Lack of Safety in environment, dealing with industrial chemicals, medical benefits cover 1 year later, minimum wage, working overtime.
A highly cooperative and fun environment to work within.
Deli Clerk and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 June 2016
A typical day at work would be managing the tills and working with the team members to provide the customers with the best customer service possible. Everyday is exciting and fun. The management team does an amazing job. Especially the store manager; manages everything and everyone at the store efficiently and in an organized way. The environment is quite lite and fun.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC13 October 2016
I enjoyed my because the shifts and ours were exactly what i wanted them to e. My o-workers were always nice and helpful. My manager was very kind and was generous when talking about changing shifts. I did not think my job was hard at all.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Minimum wage
decent place to work
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC28 June 2016
It was decent, a good job for a part-time student. Not for full time. Not easy to get ahold of management, they don't know you even when you have worked there for over a year. Otherwise, good job. Understaffed at times and hard to do your job with the time given.
Pros
scheduling in advance, many awesome coworkers, seniority
Cons
late hours, not great management, big company so hard to get to know management.
Fun workplace with friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at save on foods and was treated with respect by my fellow coworkers and management staff. excellent training was provided and i was able to learn how to complete the tasks at hand in a timely manner.
Pros
predictable shifts, good pay
I good work environment
Personal Shopper-Ecom- customer service (Current Employee) –  Save on foods Hamptons29 September 2016
I currently work part time at Save on Foods. I do enjoy it but i recently graduated college in April and want to achieve success in my field.That is Bushiness Administration.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
minimum wage
fun place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 July 2016
Stocking the grocery shelves. Helping customers find what they are looking for. The management was great and loved working with everybody. Dealing with the puplic was fun. The only thing that was hard about it was that I didn't realize how heavy liquid could be. Loved everything about the job.
Pros
Free food in the lunch room
Cons
the hours
Fun place to work decent pay plus bennefits
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 June 2016
I worked at save on foods for 3.5 years. They were honestly the best, most fun times I've ever had. Very relaxed work environment, but when there was work to e done everyone kicked in to gear.
Able to very easily balance life and work as schedules come out 3 weeks in advance.
Pay is weekly
Management is awesome and if you need a certain day off all you have to do is ask and they will generally give it to you.
There is some bitterness from the older employees, butbthe use making $30/hour plus so they really shouldn't be complaining.
You get the odd customer who is unruly but overall my experience was awesome. If I didn't lose my seniority and rate of pay when I quit I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Bennefits (health and dental), good management, time off
Cons
Some bitterness from older employees
The employees and management are all fun and nice people, but the work is tedious and boring.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 May 2016
Stocking shelves is not a fun job to have. It's painfully boring, hard to enjoy, and sometimes exhausting work. But the other employees are fun and interesting people, which helps with the boredom. The management seems like they don't know what they're doing, but they are all courteous and nice people. The best part of the job is definitely helping customers and talking to people, whether they be customers or employees. It's a very social work environment.
Pros
Social, easy
Cons
Boring, sometimes physically tasking.
positive workplace
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 August 2016
the company is nice work place a positive place to have more opportunity. people are helping each other to establish a positive community. i learned to be more productive and resourceful in everything especially with my cake designs
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC20 October 2016
I really enjoyed my job at Save on Foods. It was fun, everybody I worked with were always happy. I learned how to deal with customers better and professionally handle complaints.
Pros
free food
Cons
far away from where i lived