Save on Foods

Save on Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Internship at Save on Foods- Free Food For All!!
Assistant Pharmacist (Former Employee), Ladner , BCJanuary 5, 2015
I worked as a Pharmacy Assistant at this location. It was a 3 month volunteer experience. Working at the pharmacy at Save on Foods was great. I had a great staff, all of them were different in their own ways and I got to learn so much from each of them. I learnt how difficult it can be to work under pressure and especially when you are under staffed and there are patients and customers wanting service. The most enjoyable part of the day was to be able to smell freshly baked bread throughout my shift and then to be able to go to the lunch room and have a table full of free food and a coffee vending machine for the extra espresso for the not so sunny days. No, in reality I enjoyed learning about different medications and how to tackle difficult situations in the pharmacy forefront and how to correctly speak to health care professionals.
first time job
Cashier (part-time) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 30, 2014
Pros: part time
Cons: part time
help customers, first part time job. Everyday was different
A very entertaining place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: your fellow team members always had your back
Cons: did not fuction well with school
The typical day would be go to work, make sure your uniform is clean. Immediately, you would be taking costumer's orders, and working at a fast pace level. Costumers were quit rude, and sometimes violent. Having people skills is definitely a requirement for this job. However, there was a few bonuses i got from the workplace. I now have better communication skills, as well as more work experience for the future.
Fast paced engaging safety focused
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 10, 2014
Pros: busy, coworkers, consistent
Cons: little to no discipline for management
Always busy (made day go by fast)
Always got enough or more hours
Terrible resolution for dealing with corrupt management
Great coworkers
Safety information consistently provided and easily found
Average wages but consistent with raises
Easy work.. it was a deli
Deli Server (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 4, 2014
it was such a long time ago i honestly don't remember.
i cut meat for people.
and sliced cheese.
and made chicken pot pie.
and swept...alot.
fast past environment. good company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: they care and have staff appreciation events
Cons: long days and very busy ones.
Busy store, always on and anticipating customer needs, alot of standing, moving and lifting, Management is great and always helps when we are hit by a surge in customers at tills, Coworkers are great . Hardest part of the job is physical. Alot of lifting, Most enjoyable is the personal interaction with people during the day.
active job
Cashier (Former Employee), StadiumOctober 28, 2014
it was good working at Save On Foods. just couldn't travel the distance at night by myself.
I dont get much hours which I'm disappointed :(
Retail Assistant (Current Employee), Southeast CalgaryOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free meals available
Cons: i havent got long hours. i used to work around 14 hrs weekly.
Its good. But some co-workers don't like newcomers. Our department Manager is very kind & he is a great human being.
Good workplace for Students
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Cloverdale, BCAugust 17, 2014
Very fast-paced environment with many learning opportunities
Great place to work, lots of room to move up
Assistant bakery Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 15, 2014
I like working with the company, great people, great benefits.
Slow and boring
Cashier (Current Employee), AlbertaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: either 20% off or 20x the points on your groceries depending on the month
Cons: slow, boring, not flexible, bad pay
As a student, I usually worked evenings. This was usually about 5-10. However, after abut 7pm the customers start dwindling off and you are left standing at your till for the next 3 hours with nothing to do. Even reading the magazines by the tills was frowned upon.

Also, having two jobs I needed a flexible schedule from Save On Foods, which I did not receive. They book your schedule 3 weeks in advance which was barely enough time to book off doctor appointments, dentist appointments, etc.

Not worth it. I started working there, excited to be starting something new, and left feeling as though I wasted 6 months.

Also, the pay sucks. I got minimum wage, but they took about 5 dollars off every pay check (weekly, and I was only making 50-70 on each pay check) so I wasn't really getting even minimum wage.
great place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
loved working with everyone
great management
meet new people
great friends made
medical and dental
my job duties
Baker (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABJuly 1, 2014
Baked product and once it was cooled packaged it, dated it and put it on the floor. I also sliced bread and put it on the floor.

i learned how to label food products and how much work goes into preparing thus food
Fun place to work at.
Part Time Employee (Former Employee), DeliJune 6, 2014
Learned a lot of new things and skills.
people were very nice and helpful.
Good part-time job
Cashier (Current Employee), Langley BCMay 10, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks
The scheduling is VERY inconsistent. The management is not the greatest. Co-workers are nice.
nice place for a part time job as an student
Department Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2014
1. working in shift, no fixed hours
2. it was always so busy during the working hours
3. some heavy lifting required
pretty good
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 24, 2014
worked along side other clerks, stocked and arranged merchandise. help in the training of new clerks.
Rewarding work lace with great values, lots of support, variety and an amazing atmosphere.
Cashier clerk, and other. (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 11, 2014
Pros: enjoyable enrivoment, variety, skills, customer service, comfortable, supportive
Save on Foods runs a well organized company, with friendly and supportive managers and a valuable team to back them up. From the day i started working they taught me the values of customer first service, and that yes even grocery shopping can be enjoyable. Even if you came to work on a bad day, being friendly with customers and the other mature and drive co workers would turn any frown upside down. They also train employees in a variety of different departments, allowing for lots of variety and opportunity to learn new skills and meet new kinds of people. I enjoyed this job greatly and majorly regret my long commute and lack of of responsibility at the time that lead to being let go. On the bright side it has taught me to be better prepared and have a reasonable commute to such a great job.
Save On Foods
Cashier/Grocery Clerk/Price Change (Current Employee), Vernon, BCApril 6, 2014
Pros: stable, fast paced, fun
Cons: drama
I've been working here for almost 3 years. I love the fast paced working environment, and love interacting with new people everyday. Save On has taught me many skills, from Cashiering to working Produce to working in the Price Change department. My managers are all wonderful people, and very understanding, along with my fellow coworkers. It's a fun place to work in, even when it's a stressful time of year, such as christmas. It's hard leaving Save On, as i've practically grown up there, but i'm ready to move on, and move into a new city.
Very Family oriented
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), White Rock, BCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: actually....none
Really wish I didn't had to leave there, I have to say that this place was the best place I have ever worked at.

1 2 3 4