Save on Foods Employee Review

View all Save on Foods reviews

Working with the public was enjoyable
Demonstrator Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC #92823 July 2013
I enjoyed my job and the staff and management and co-workers were all upbeat persons and did not even think that we would lose our jobs as we did with a buy out which happened in Dec. 2012 so we had no choice other than work in another department in the store, I had one lady with me who is still looking and myself included for work in the food demonstrations and wish to work in the area of Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows area on part time basis as was what we did before, the job was wonderful as we made a constant contact with the customers and after 15 years they got to be like a giant family, they loved to come in and try and not always buy but many times they would return and ask how to make something we did in the past and buy . We still see our customers in other stores and they ask when we will return and we have to tell them we are looking elsewhere and will notify them if we find work, customers were always #1 in the store and they loved the way staff assisted them...commented many times how they liked the staff in our store. Working with Save On Foods was really enjoyable - treated us with great respect and thanked us for the job we were doing.
Pros
The company many times put on luncheon for the staff as a thank you

Other Save on Foods Employee Reviews

Nice place, not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 February 2018
Most customers are good, but you get some real jerks. Management pretty good. It's a good first job but not somewhere where you stay very long. Try not to get stuck facing.
Pros
flexible hours, good coworkers
Cons
having to stand for long periods of time, really busy rush times
Fun place to work when customers are chatty and helpful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 February 2018
The hardest part of working at save on foods was when I did not know where something was or when someone was having a bad ish day and it effected everyone.
The fun part was meeting new people and learning the environment and doing my job to help others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save on Foods. Our community is ready to answer.