Save on Foods Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Cloverdale, BCApril 11, 2016
Pros: great team, and break schedule
great place to work, friendly management, and flexible hours for students. Really easy to get adjusted and be apart of the save on family
Procudctive and Friendly Work Enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 10, 2016
Pros: Communacation with regular customers
Cons: Low Salary
Save on Foods, specifically the front end, is an amazing department to work in as we are the faces the customer last see's when leaving the grocery store. We assure they are leaving with a smile and full satisfaction of individual needs. Management has changed continuously during the time I've worked at Save On Foods, and I can confidently say each individual has taught me about either customer service, image or the history/background of Save On Foods. This allowed me to expand my knowledge and deliver high end service for our customers. The most enjoyable part about working at Save On Foods is the customer appreciation that you have done something that will put a smile on their face. I also enjoy seeing regular customers as they become a familiar face and we are able to have great conversations when being served.
Great place to work with great people
Front End Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
I loved working at Save On Foods, the people I worked with were friendly yet professional. The hours were flexible and they were willing to accommodate everyone's needs.
fun place to work and everyone was friendly
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 4, 2016
Pros: great environment and pay
Cons: too far
Helped everyone out when needed help and greeted customers everyday. the pay was great and i loved working with everyone there. i gained a lot of customer service skills and working in fast paste environments. i love working with people
Save on is one of the top company that i really admire, they usually does the their customer needs.
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee), Squamish, BCApril 2, 2016
Pros: extra 15 mins break and free treat (fruits)
Cons: sometimes if they ask you to have an over time, but your so tired an exhausted.
I just started at save on as a part time, i do like there, they all nice the management, my co worker and even the customer, i enjoyed most. when i met different kind of people, sharing their thoughts and sometimes an out of the blue stuff, but that's ok i enjoyed, listening to them.
Good career for retail foods
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Friendly envroment
Cons: Retail
Typical retail store
Unioned
You learned many new skills that will carry thru to other jobs if needed.
Management is great, they listen and help if need to and are willing to work right beside you to get the job done.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge you acquire and the different jobs you can learn with in the job.
Fun place
General Clerk (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 20, 2016
The job is fun overall, however the management is not understanding of your school life. The team members are easy to get along with and they all enjoy interacting with the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the close team us employees are.
Productive and fun
General Clerk (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 10, 2016
I enjoy working there and all my co-workers are nice to me.
the most enjoyable part on my job is making sandwiches and serve the customer.
Fun Work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 2, 2016
A good place to work just do not get a sufficient amount of hours.
Always keeps you busy
Good interaction with people
Many different things to do
Deal with money and interac
Management is friendly
Great people and customers were quite nice because many were regulars.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCFebruary 23, 2016
I generally closed so there was the serving of the customers but also maintaining workspace cleanliness and closing everything down preparing for the next day. I learned more social skills and made friends with the customers and learned what the regulars wanted. Most of my co workers were easy to work with and gave good instruction when a task needed to be done.
Great Experience with customers
Department Specialist (Deli) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2016
good job to improve on customer service/satisfaction, multitasking skills were used a lot, energetic place to work at especially with fun out going people.
fun work place
Sales Person & Cashier (Former Employee), Port Moody, BCFebruary 18, 2016
 Over 5 years of experience as a cashier & customer service at Save on foods
 To obtain a position in your Institution- Entry Level-in order to utilize my skills and knowledge, as well as, to enjoy the positive and fruitful environment that your place is offering.
 Excellent customer service
Filling fruit/Veggies
Produce Sales Associate (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Just filling fruits and Veggies all day, very long day
Rotation of fruit
Managers are somewhat nice
Co-workers will work if they are responsible
Days are very long
When the work day is over is the most enjoyable part of the job
okay
Cashier/ costumer service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
learnt PLU codes
learnt to deal with costumers
learnt to handle upset costumers
learnt the store
learnt how to bag groceries
learnt how to use the intercom
customer serivce great company over all
General Clerk (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 10, 2016
great company to work for overall. This was my first REAL job during and after high school great hours and pay great co-workers but company no longer has the same pay or benefit package as before for employees. E. I. I had to take a buy out due to my health reasons. was with company for 13 years. I went back to the company as it was great company to work for before but when I got rehired i was no where close to making a living money. I was very close to minimum wage and not many hours.. its a job for high school students who are living at home not for someone who can live on the wage all alone. great company for high school students but not for adult who has bills to pay and family to feed
Interesting place to work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 27, 2016
It's not a bad place to work, most of the staff that works there are friendly, management could learn a few things though.
friendly and productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 26, 2016
This is a very pleasant work environment working with customers to get their groceries through the till in a friendly atmosphere in a positive manner. It is a good company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone
nice part-time with flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2016
Nice work environment but average management. Very flexible hours, so not a bad part-time job. Too little room for growth.
Great atmosphere to work in; I learned a lot about customer service and people were friendly.
produce associate (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Friendly co workers, forgiving manager, friendly customers, free food in break room, tv in break room
Cons: Long hours, fast paced, overwhelming, the rare rude customer, still not sure why I was terminated.
typical day I would walk in, get ready for work, they would all be welcoming and friendly; and there was no complications between areas of work (Example: Between Bakery and Produce). I would go on break usually on time. Once or twice I nearly missed lunch due to a rush hour but manager was forgiving.
I learned the importance of being reliable, worth ethic, how to stock properly, how to adapt to a new environment, and to ask questions.
The assistant manager had some of the best costumer service skills I had ever seen. Somebody I wanted to impress. My manager made me feel like he didn't like me, but he did his job well.
All co workers were friendly. Conversation easily flowed between me and whomever I was working near. Something I quite wasn't used to.
I found the pace and the amount of work to be done quite hard.
The most enjoyable was the atmosphere and the people I worked with.
Great starter job
Produce Department Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Good union, career advancement, good benefits
Cons: none
Great company, lots of opportunity to advance, pay increase every 500 hours and great benefits and discounts are okay. Overall i recommend