Save-On-Foods

Save-On-Foods Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Meh.
Bakery clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2014
closing shift you clean, package product, clean, answer questions, clean, stock shelves, clean, make garlic bread. day shifts you prep for what you need, bake fresh products for the day, package and label goods and everything that the night shift does. hardest part of this job is time management, have to have everything done in the time given.
fun working
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: some really great people
Cons: not alot of hours and some really rude people
A normal day at was was that same as most jobs long but fun i learned alot of new thing and the managers were understanding and polite. Most of the co-workers were very friendly but as in all jobs there are a few that were just plane rude and i would have to say the the hardest part of the job was when a rush happend and we didnt have the people for – more... it. The most enjoyable part i would have to say was makeing all the new friends i did and working with them – less
Lovely product codes.
Cashier (Former Employee), West KelownaJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good at my job
Cons: product code memorization
The Hardest part of this job was to learn and memorize all product codes for each fruit or vegetable. I loved to be a cashier and converse and help customers. I was able to have them memorized but that was the most difficult for me. I spent nights upon nights studying the product codes.

One night i was closing and the last cashier to be at the cash – more... registers and a family came through my till. They were looking for a certain item and I had helped them find it. They happened to be out of town and I pointed them in the right direction. As my manager watched, she gave me a free lunch card afterwards for all the customer service I showed – less
Was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince georgeDecember 1, 2013
Not really room to move up, co-workers were awesome. Needed to learn 100 000 codes!
It was plessure work with people at Save-on-Foos
cosmetic, cashier, deli (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 19, 2013
I liked working at Save on Foods.
Busy place that I learned a lot.The management very nice people.
Everyday I had a fun at work.I did not had a any difficulties working in this envirement I enjoyed...My co-workers was awsome very helpfull.
Good experience with flexible hours
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, Alberta (Ellerslie location)May 2, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: wasteful, felt like i couldn't advance, some managers were not good to work with
Being a meat clerk i usually worked early mornings or late nights. My duties included preparing all the meat/seafood, changing product, changing prices, facing, stocking the back, cleaning, preparing food, and clean up.

Least enjoyable part was being allergic to the majority of the seafood section and feeling sick on the job. Most enjoyable to me was – more... talking to returning customers and hearing about their experiences.

Management was excellent except for the few power hungry superiors who seemed to enjoy bossing the part time employ's. – less
Good job while in school
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 16, 2013
Gave me a flexible schedule so that I could work around by High School schedule. Was not a job that I thought could turn into a career.
great place to work
Grocery stock worker (Former Employee), Langley, BCDecember 27, 2012
Pros: responsibilities
I would order the stock for bulk grocery frozen and dairy and help customers out than train the new workers and out away stock. management was very good and so where all the people i worked with.
Very unprofessional management
Building Maintenance (Former Employee), Langley, BCNovember 13, 2012
Co-workers were great but management were very childish and unprofessional.
Rude Manager
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Langley, BCAugust 7, 2012
Rude manager made the environment difficult to work in. Co-workers were great, however.