Save-On-Foods

Save-On-Foods Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
lots of work, but it was good to work.
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free food in staff room
Cons: grinding days
it was good, life is good. occasional long days, but it was nice meeting new people. Management is great, people I worked with were nice
store closed down
Jr. Deli, Meat clerk (Current Employee), surrey bcJune 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: graveyrds
management is ok great place to work well in school
local business
will give u time off school
shifts are all over place unless if you have been there for 10 years
Slow, Awkward.
Cashier (Former Employee), Terrace, BCMay 22, 2014
Pros: amazing calzones
Cons: almost everything.
First 3 days of training everyone was all nice, friendly and helpful. I learned right away there was a "3 strike" rule. I got my first one at 5 after 7 in the morning for a training shift. I waited outside for half an hour. (Had to be there a little early) Because new employees don't get the code to the door. I tried calling but no answer and a few – more... minutes after my shift started my trainer came out and gave me my first strike for being late. My other 2 came from almost that exact reason. There were bugs all over and underneath the tills, it was impossible to do a good cleaning job with nest of bugs everywhere. Other cashiers weren't helpful, there was no training for messes, holdups, or techincal issues. I am doing online schooling so i applied for 30+ hours a week. I got maybe 12 a week. And the days that they called me in on my off days, they would call at 7am or late at night. The worst thing of all though, I was working and had about 2 hours left on my shift and I had started puking on my break. What did my manager say? "Go wash your hands you only have 2 more hours." HELLO, I'm barfing, this is contaigous, and you want me to keep on handling peoples produce and house hold items? EW. I hope my future job is a little more straight forward and understanding of new workers and has some sanitary boundaries.
This was my first ever time working legitimatly and not just volunteer work. And the experience was brutal. – less
Not bad
Cashier (Former Employee), Langley, WilloughbyMay 15, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: hard to get days off
The location I worked at was understaffed. It was impossible for me to take a day off without begging the manager for it. Also, every time i asked for a day off the manager always gave me a hard time. Also people from other departments were not very friendly. The schedules were VERY inconsistent and literally changed on a daily basis. My co-workers – more... were all full timers who had been working there for several years and i was only a student. I didnt mind the gender gap but I felt like they were giving me too many shifts because I was unable to concentrate on school. But other than that, I worked as a cashier and it was whatever. I worked here for roughly 6 months because it was becoming tough to balance school and work. I also worked at McDonalds prior to this job and I liked McDonalds better. – less
Fantastic Work Environment
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Wye Road, Sherwood Park, AlbertaMay 3, 2014
This is a fantastic work environment where everyone has fun with each other. My co-workers were fantastic, the hours were flexible and the hardest part of the job was lifting bags of potatoes in produce and getting cold in the coolers. It was fantastic and the management is very well connected to the staff.
Meh.
Bakery clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2014
closing shift you clean, package product, clean, answer questions, clean, stock shelves, clean, make garlic bread. day shifts you prep for what you need, bake fresh products for the day, package and label goods and everything that the night shift does. hardest part of this job is time management, have to have everything done in the time given.
fun working
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: some really great people
Cons: not alot of hours and some really rude people
A normal day at was was that same as most jobs long but fun i learned alot of new thing and the managers were understanding and polite. Most of the co-workers were very friendly but as in all jobs there are a few that were just plane rude and i would have to say the the hardest part of the job was when a rush happend and we didnt have the people for – more... it. The most enjoyable part i would have to say was makeing all the new friends i did and working with them – less
Lovely product codes.
Cashier (Former Employee), West KelownaJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good at my job
Cons: product code memorization
The Hardest part of this job was to learn and memorize all product codes for each fruit or vegetable. I loved to be a cashier and converse and help customers. I was able to have them memorized but that was the most difficult for me. I spent nights upon nights studying the product codes.

One night i was closing and the last cashier to be at the cash – more... registers and a family came through my till. They were looking for a certain item and I had helped them find it. They happened to be out of town and I pointed them in the right direction. As my manager watched, she gave me a free lunch card afterwards for all the customer service I showed – less
Was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince georgeDecember 1, 2013
Not really room to move up, co-workers were awesome. Needed to learn 100 000 codes!
It was plessure work with people at Save-on-Foos
cosmetic, cashier, deli (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 19, 2013
I liked working at Save on Foods.
Busy place that I learned a lot.The management very nice people.
Everyday I had a fun at work.I did not had a any difficulties working in this envirement I enjoyed...My co-workers was awsome very helpfull.
Good experience with flexible hours
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, Alberta (Ellerslie location)May 2, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: wasteful, felt like i couldn't advance, some managers were not good to work with
Being a meat clerk i usually worked early mornings or late nights. My duties included preparing all the meat/seafood, changing product, changing prices, facing, stocking the back, cleaning, preparing food, and clean up.

Least enjoyable part was being allergic to the majority of the seafood section and feeling sick on the job. Most enjoyable to me was – more... talking to returning customers and hearing about their experiences.

Management was excellent except for the few power hungry superiors who seemed to enjoy bossing the part time employ's. – less
Good job while in school
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 16, 2013
Gave me a flexible schedule so that I could work around by High School schedule. Was not a job that I thought could turn into a career.
great place to work
Grocery stock worker (Former Employee), Langley, BCDecember 27, 2012
Pros: responsibilities
I would order the stock for bulk grocery frozen and dairy and help customers out than train the new workers and out away stock. management was very good and so where all the people i worked with.
Very unprofessional management
Building Maintenance (Former Employee), Langley, BCNovember 13, 2012
Co-workers were great but management were very childish and unprofessional.
Rude Manager
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Langley, BCAugust 7, 2012
Rude manager made the environment difficult to work in. Co-workers were great, however.