Save-On-Foods Employee Reviews

Terrible work place
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC21 June 2017
I have worked for the company for 3 years now. I just recently quit because management treats their staff like dirt. I use to recommend this place to friends in need of a job, I will never shop or recommend Save On Foods to anyone. Management bullies and over works their workers. Do not ever recommend working for the company.
Pros
Free piece of fruit a day
Cons
Terrible management
Fun Place
Customer Service, Cashier, Bakery (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 June 2017
Great workplace with diversity of staff from different places.Managers are nice and understandable to the employees.Staff is friendly and always ready to help the customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Bullied By Managment - horrible work environment
Artisan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2017
Work there on and off over the course of six months. Was psychologically gas-lit by the management team, and even had multiple managers suggest that quitting would be better than trying to fight to keep my job. You'd better never make waves if you decide to work here because the moment you do management will do what they can to get you to quit. I will never return to work at this company.
Cons
Bullies in managment
Great Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 June 2017
Looking for a great place to enjoy your day, work with a super team and leave all the stress behind when you walk out the door then this is the place to work. Save on Foods is a great team and its a great place to work.
fast paced yet enjoyable
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 June 2017
management was terrible, though is in the process of changing so there is hope for them. Be prepared to start with not a lot of hours but the longer you work the more hours you will gain.
Wine Clerk position is a stocking job
Wine clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 May 2017
For anyone being mislead into the "wine advisor" job - be forewarned. This is just a glorified stocking position. You might help a customer find some wine on the shelf but the part time staff are there only to help stock and take inventory. Low pay for the back breaking work.
Pros
Not many pros - you will learn about all the BC Wines available through SaveOn.
Cons
Hairy scary days trying to get product off the palates and stocked as quickly as possible.
some of the scheduling was poor
Save-On-Foods, Nelson - Bakery worker (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC18 May 2017
It was just a job i needed at the time, no more, no less.the management was decent, however there was the occasional screw up in scheduling, and sometimes they left a pretty hefty workload.
Pros
fairly easy work
Cons
sometimes too much work
Great for students.
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 May 2017
Flexible enough with a school schedule, often understanding if time off is needed. Irregular hours if you're full time (Work at 5am one day, 1pm the next), days off quite often split up. Good benefits. Great coworkers. Mixup of management leads to an often unstable work environment.
Pros
Good coworkers, good benefits, flexible with students.
Cons
Irregular hours, split days off, and unstable environment.
Great Job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 May 2017
Save-On is a great company to work for. If this is your first job it is a great place to get started. Good starting wage with room for advancement and consistent raises.
A nice place to work at
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2017
Usually doesn't get very busy so It's not a really hard job. It's a good and friendly place to work at. Great training, flexible hours, the management is really nice.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service/stocking (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 April 2017
i think it's a goof field to start my career because i go to school and i can work part time there because it wont affect my study and i can make good money in this job.
Pros
lunch
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC10 April 2017
Save On Foods is a great place to work flexible hours with full time available. Staff/management in Penticton is great. I learned alot from this place, opened me up the hardest part was standing long hours.
Pros
Management is great
Cons
Long Hours
cashier
Part time Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC3 April 2017
As a cahsier you were the last people that the customers saw. You had to make sure their experience was pleasant but you also had to cash them out ina timely matter.
good place
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
awesome place to work in. benefits are great and they do offer training to allow promotion to supervisory and management positions. again great place to work in.
Wonderful place to work. Management easy to work with.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BC3 April 2017
I appreciated being able to quickly transfer from pastime to full time.

Training was excellent and always open to questions as well as suggestions.

Management always opens to concerns.
Save On Foods Review
Meat Department and Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC1 April 2017
Working at Save-On-Foods was great. The management was very kind, caring, motivating, and hungry. They always pushed us to achieve our best and with them we did!
Great Workplace, with great people!
Ecommer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB28 March 2017
I love working here! I love what I do as a Ecomm worker. It's an easy job, only I don't get as many hours as I'd like. I work with great people that actually want to be there.
Pros
Union
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to work hard and learn many different skills. My favourite job.
general grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Ironwood, Richmond, B.C.15 March 2017
You would work in different departments, and learn anything from how to stock shelves, unload trucks, set up floral displays, clean, cull and fill the produce department, or helping customers on the service desk. My favourite job ever.
Pros
Able to book unpaid days off, and flexible schedules.
Cons
Working an early morning shift and then a late night shift the day after. Hard on the body.
It was good but it got too repetitive.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB6 March 2017
I liked working there, the people were friendly and the work was manageable. I loved the morning shifts especially since I got to work with other people which i preferred. Sadly due to school I mainly got closing shifts, which meant me, all by my self, alone. But it taught me how to handle problems, sometimes things would go wrong and I'd have to fix it my self, which is good. But in the end It was getting to repetitive.
Pros
Always busy, Flexible Schedule, Great Management
Cons
Repetitive, Handling Frozen Foods
I enjoyed my time with Save on Foods
Cashier, Produce, Meat, and General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 March 2017
While I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the Save on Foods team, the constant changing of management and lack of communication between levels of management led to tough advancement. The lack of functionality of the website and schedule along with lack of consistent scheduling and frequent last minute schedule changes made maintaining other aspects of life difficult. The team atmosphere was by far my favorite part of the job, having the ability to work in 5 different areas of the store sometimes all in one week let my work with a variety of people from different walks of life and make friendships that I maintain even after working there.
Pros
Wonderful team environment
Cons
No consistency in what job I'd be working, no consistency in hours or days worked, completely different demands from 6 different managers over 12 months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save-On-Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval