Save-On-Foods Employee Reviews

some of the scheduling was poor
Save-On-Foods, Nelson - Bakery worker (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC18 May 2017
It was just a job i needed at the time, no more, no less.the management was decent, however there was the occasional screw up in scheduling, and sometimes they left a pretty hefty workload.
Pros
fairly easy work
Cons
sometimes too much work
Great for students.
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 May 2017
Flexible enough with a school schedule, often understanding if time off is needed. Irregular hours if you're full time (Work at 5am one day, 1pm the next), days off quite often split up. Good benefits. Great coworkers. Mixup of management leads to an often unstable work environment.
Pros
Good coworkers, good benefits, flexible with students.
Cons
Irregular hours, split days off, and unstable environment.
Great Job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 May 2017
Save-On is a great company to work for. If this is your first job it is a great place to get started. Good starting wage with room for advancement and consistent raises.
A nice place to work at
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2017
Usually doesn't get very busy so It's not a really hard job. It's a good and friendly place to work at. Great training, flexible hours, the management is really nice.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service/stocking (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 April 2017
i think it's a goof field to start my career because i go to school and i can work part time there because it wont affect my study and i can make good money in this job.
Pros
lunch
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC10 April 2017
Save On Foods is a great place to work flexible hours with full time available. Staff/management in Penticton is great. I learned alot from this place, opened me up the hardest part was standing long hours.
Pros
Management is great
Cons
Long Hours
cashier
Part time Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC3 April 2017
As a cahsier you were the last people that the customers saw. You had to make sure their experience was pleasant but you also had to cash them out ina timely matter.
good place
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
awesome place to work in. benefits are great and they do offer training to allow promotion to supervisory and management positions. again great place to work in.
Wonderful place to work. Management easy to work with.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BC3 April 2017
I appreciated being able to quickly transfer from pastime to full time.

Training was excellent and always open to questions as well as suggestions.

Management always opens to concerns.
Save On Foods Review
Meat Department and Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC1 April 2017
Working at Save-On-Foods was great. The management was very kind, caring, motivating, and hungry. They always pushed us to achieve our best and with them we did!

Want to know more about Save-On-Foods?

Ask a question
Great Workplace, with great people!
Ecommer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB28 March 2017
I love working here! I love what I do as a Ecomm worker. It's an easy job, only I don't get as many hours as I'd like. I work with great people that actually want to be there.
Pros
Union
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to work hard and learn many different skills. My favourite job.
general grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Ironwood, Richmond, B.C.15 March 2017
You would work in different departments, and learn anything from how to stock shelves, unload trucks, set up floral displays, clean, cull and fill the produce department, or helping customers on the service desk. My favourite job ever.
Pros
Able to book unpaid days off, and flexible schedules.
Cons
Working an early morning shift and then a late night shift the day after. Hard on the body.
It was good but it got too repetitive.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB6 March 2017
I liked working there, the people were friendly and the work was manageable. I loved the morning shifts especially since I got to work with other people which i preferred. Sadly due to school I mainly got closing shifts, which meant me, all by my self, alone. But it taught me how to handle problems, sometimes things would go wrong and I'd have to fix it my self, which is good. But in the end It was getting to repetitive.
Pros
Always busy, Flexible Schedule, Great Management
Cons
Repetitive, Handling Frozen Foods
I enjoyed my time with Save on Foods
Cashier, Produce, Meat, and General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 March 2017
While I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the Save on Foods team, the constant changing of management and lack of communication between levels of management led to tough advancement. The lack of functionality of the website and schedule along with lack of consistent scheduling and frequent last minute schedule changes made maintaining other aspects of life difficult. The team atmosphere was by far my favorite part of the job, having the ability to work in 5 different areas of the store sometimes all in one week let my work with a variety of people from different walks of life and make friendships that I maintain even after working there.
Pros
Wonderful team environment
Cons
No consistency in what job I'd be working, no consistency in hours or days worked, completely different demands from 6 different managers over 12 months
Hard
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 March 2017
There is a lot of hard labor depending on which division you work in. Not many hours given to do the job expected. Management is nice and understanding.
An alright place to work temporarily
Everywhere (Current Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC27 February 2017
The managment team that I had tended to not appreciate any of their employees, beside the select favourited people. Nothing was ever good enough. They regularly broke the union contract and guilt tripped you if you ever brought any issues to them.
Pros
Awesome team members
Cons
Managment
Not too bad
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC27 February 2017
I hate the hours, but enjoy working there for the most part.
The Management is nice, almost everyone else is too.
Hard work. Customers can be pretty rude. But most are good!
Pay isnt great, but good benefits.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible hours
Good place to work if you are in for the long haul
DS (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2017
Great people to work with. Good work/life balance and great benefits. You get a raise every 500 hours that you work. Management can be great or horrible depending who they have in the store for top management. Department managers are usually pretty good. Advancement depends more on seniority in the company than other related work experience.
Pros
Great people to work with, good work/life balance
Cons
Unionized, top store management if not the right people
Great
Parkwood, Prince George - Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC7 February 2017
Great people and great hours! great summer job for those going to school, they are very flexible with hours! There is always an opportunity to learn and grow in this company.
Beware of supervisors
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC4 February 2017
When it comes to Save-on, you have to hold your pride and values when working under the supervisors they choose. There is a clear sign on what type of person they want as a supervisor, and that person does not like the kid with a leader personality type. They want followers, a yes man for minimum wage. When I call you a kid, you better think you are. The median age in their stores are ~30. There are many elderly and middle-aged workers in the chain. Sure they were the best part of the job, they were really nice, but you will probably get along with them as uncles and aunts more than co-workers. Since they are older, and have worked there longer than you, every mistake you make is going straight to the condesending supervisor.
Pros
Coworkers are nice and helpful
Cons
Condesending Supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save-On-Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval