Sault Area Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work and have a career.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Health Records DepartmentMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work involved constant learning with the help of the manager, Lead Hand and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the different dialects. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Team Work approach to the work day.
Pros
Ability to learn new skills
Cons
unknown
Great environment to gain clinical skills
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 16, 2016
Volunteering at the Sault Area Hospital has allowed me to practice putting my clinical skills in effect. I have gained much more confidence in my Nursing program since I began volunteering.
Rewarding
Office Administrator - Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoy my current position. My support staff are among the best friends I have ever had. I struggle to provide the best patient care at times due to a lack of funding, and resources, however we do our best and it shows in the stability of our patients.
Pros
8-4 three days a week
Cons
not enough hours
Supportive work environment
Mobile Crisis Worker (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 30, 2015
Working for the Sault Area hospital Crisis Unit has been an amazing working and learning experience in the field of mental health.
Pros
Supportive management; great learning opportunity
Cons
On call only
very busy , unorganized, and no room for acceleration
Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  laboratoryOctober 8, 2015
Due to the overwhelming workload and constant back log, I was unable to be trained in other body systems, continue education, nor further my career.
Pros
good money
Cons
very rushed, and not enough bodys to to the job properly
RN at Sault Area Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  3BOctober 23, 2014
As a new hire RN at Sault Area Hospital the environment is very welcoming and encouraging. I have learned a lot about the workforce, working with co-workers in the health care setting.

Management is fair and approachable.

The hardest part of the job is the unpredictability, and the most enjoyable part is interacting with the patients and getting to know them.

In a typical day I am responsible of a team of 5 patients that have to potential to be acute medical, oncology, palliative and complex continuing care.
dispensing medication
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee) –  great northern roadJanuary 13, 2014
working with a staff of 35 and we all worked as a team
Pros
You learn so much
Cons
no cons
Very Informative and Compassionate
Community Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste MarieJuly 24, 2013
Enjoy working with Clients and networking with the Community Resources Interested in Wellbeing, Self-development, Prosperity and Spirituality
Pros
enjoy assisting clients and promoting services
Cons
need more funding
a good alternative for mental health services available for people in remote areas, allowing access to crisis intervention
Mobile Crisis Team Member, On -Call (Former Employee) –  Wawa, ONApril 6, 2013
My job consisted of being on call for mobile crisis calls...for mental health emergencies in the community of Wawa. Unfortunately the service was under utilized.

Pay was limited unless we got a call out, then it was a reasonable amount.

What I enjoyed most was the quality of training available to us! Our team consisted of persons qualified in my areas of expertise in social and health services!
Pros
the quality of education and training we received
Cons
underuse of service by potential clients who could have greatly benefited from this service!
Always learning
house keeping and laundry (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONOctober 20, 2012
Meet alot of people,friendly.caring co-workers.Learnt to get along with all kinds of personalitiesand how to manage my time.
Pros
good wages and vacations
Cons
shift work and have to pay to park
Excellent working environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thessalon, ONSeptember 6, 2012
I have nothing but excellent things to say about this organization. I was able to take care of all types of patients with either minimal or maximum health challenges. i really love that bayshore supports their staff and were always avaliable for support during working hours.
Pros
excellent staff and working environment
Cons
financial inconsistency

4.2