Sault Area Hospital Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Rewarding
Office Administrator - Mental Health (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: 8-4 three days a week
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoy my current position. My support staff are among the best friends I have ever had. I struggle to provide the best patient care at times due to a lack of funding, and resources, however we do our best and it shows in the stability of our patients.
Supportive work environment
Mobile Crisis Worker (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Supportive management; great learning opportunity
Cons: On call only
Working for the Sault Area hospital Crisis Unit has been an amazing working and learning experience in the field of mental health.
very busy , unorganized, and no room for acceleration
Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee), laboratoryOctober 8, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: very rushed, and not enough bodys to to the job properly
Due to the overwhelming workload and constant back log, I was unable to be trained in other body systems, continue education, nor further my career.
RN at Sault Area Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), 3BOctober 23, 2014
As a new hire RN at Sault Area Hospital the environment is very welcoming and encouraging. I have learned a lot about the workforce, working with co-workers in the health care setting.

Management is fair and approachable.

The hardest part of the job is the unpredictability, and the most enjoyable part is interacting with the patients and getting to know them.

In a typical day I am responsible of a team of 5 patients that have to potential to be acute medical, oncology, palliative and complex continuing care.
dispensing medication
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee), great northern roadJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: You learn so much
Cons: no cons
working with a staff of 35 and we all worked as a team
Very Informative and Compassionate
Community Service Worker (Former Employee), Sault Ste MarieJuly 24, 2013
Pros: enjoy assisting clients and promoting services
Cons: need more funding
Enjoy working with Clients and networking with the Community Resources Interested in Wellbeing, Self-development, Prosperity and Spirituality
a good alternative for mental health services available for people in remote areas, allowing access to crisis intervention
Mobile Crisis Team Member, On -Call (Former Employee), Wawa, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: the quality of education and training we received
Cons: underuse of service by potential clients who could have greatly benefited from this service!
My job consisted of being on call for mobile crisis calls...for mental health emergencies in the community of Wawa. Unfortunately the service was under utilized.

Pay was limited unless we got a call out, then it was a reasonable amount.

What I enjoyed most was the quality of training available to us! Our team consisted of persons qualified in my areas of expertise in social and health services!
Always learning
house keeping and laundry (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONOctober 20, 2012
Pros: good wages and vacations
Cons: shift work and have to pay to park
Meet alot of people,friendly.caring co-workers.Learnt to get along with all kinds of personalitiesand how to manage my time.
Excellent working environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Thessalon, ONSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: excellent staff and working environment
Cons: financial inconsistency
I have nothing but excellent things to say about this organization. I was able to take care of all types of patients with either minimal or maximum health challenges. i really love that bayshore supports their staff and were always avaliable for support during working hours.