Sasktel Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK13 April 2017
Typical Day. Went to the office and discussed the workload with coworkers. helped cst's and ft's with there workloads and carried out my own individual assignments

What I learned. The importance of customer service, how phone and internet systems work and basics of fiber optic transmission

Management. all the managers were effective and helped individuals with there concerns.

Workplace Culture. focused on the importance on teamwork. and worker involvement

Hardest part of the job. dealing with upset customers, more specifically the general public of non customers who simply dislike sasktel.

Most enjoyable part of the job. i enjoyed nearly every aspect of this job. i would gladly make it a career
SaskTel is an amazing place to work!
Training Specialist, Customer Service, Assignor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 March 2017
Lots of opportunity to grow and advance. Excellent management, fantastic benefits and pension. Company offers courses to help develop yourself, such as retirement courses.
Career build
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 March 2017
I enjoyed working there. The staff is really friendly easy to get along with. I loved that there were lots of room for growth within in the company, you can make your way up.
SaskTel
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK3 January 2017
SaskTel is a great place to work. There are a lot of different opportunities for employees.

A day at work could be sitting at your desk programming a new phone system or being on customer site and installing the system and teaching customer all about it.

I enjoy my job quite a bit. I like the changing technology and the opportunities to try new stuff.
Benefits
Productive, Fun and Caring Work Force
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK12 July 2016
SaskTel is a crown company that provides complete support to its employees at all time. HR constantly works to improve process while union also ensures that employees enjoy their tenure at SaskTel.

Good salary, good work life balance, perfect culture at work.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Sales Rep SaskTel Store (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 June 2016
A very fast paced environment. Dealing with all types of customers. Taking bill payments, setting up new services. Selling cell phones.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Parking
Great Opportunity for work
Trunking and switching Tech (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 June 2016
Implementation support for business and customer installation on both static and dynamic networks. Managed customer and business accounts.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Productive workplace with very humble and inspiration staff
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  La Ronge, SK18 April 2016
Working with SaskTel was one of the best places to work with some of the greatest people. A typical day working as a Clerical was very productive but not overwhelming. They gave me many opportunities including many online courses and job-shadowing.
Pros
Self-management
Cons
Short hours
excellent place to work!
Trunking and Switching Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 April 2016
Warm friendly work atmosphere. People and work is engaging. provide me with a sufficient amount of training to do my job.

Loved it.
Pros
Warm friendly work atmosphere
Cons
Hard to get a job there, Union
Great place to work and grow!
Manager - Multimedia Communications (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2016
SaskTel ranks among the top places I have ever worked. They are dedicated to the best customer experience in the industry.
Great place to work sometimes stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 February 2016
The pay was good but the job was very stressful. The company did have benefits that are better than most companies. The people are great, advancement was difficult as it is a union environment and seniority trumps ability. Expectations of employees are clear and management follows up and aides employees in improvement. I was casual part time which meant I could be scheduled from 0-35 hours per week. It can be difficult to schedule around or have other employment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Demanding work load
Good benefits good people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 December 2015
It is a good place to work. Benefits are great. Good pay and regular increment. Very friendly staff. People are always willing to help.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
Cons
Unionized advancement, Takes too long to get FT
Also a great place to work with variety.
Manager of Various Departments (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK10 December 2015
I changed positions almost every two years therefore little time to get bored at what you were doing.
By changing positions every two years you were constantly learning.
Co-workers were usually like minded therefore easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was leaving to go to the next position.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Moving to the next position
Good, my was spend well with the job. Always working. Didn't have a ping pong table.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK4 December 2015
Any training required was given. Defensive driving training, confined space training, respiratory fitting, technical phone training, color codes, connections, butt-in phone, diagnostics, ladder training, safety harness, violence on the job training (handled by a former RCMP Officer).

On the job: When ever I called for help or assistance, senior personal responded, help was always a phone call a way! (for technical stuff like hard to run wire issues) anything need was easily gotten.

I was always told I was doing good. That made me feel great.
Pros
Working for a telephone corp.
Cons
Not Being called back to work.
Great workplace with exceptional customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 October 2015
A typical day at work involves multi-tasking every second of the day to make it productive and efficient. Day starts out with logging into 10-15 online applications, then checking emails along side logging in and catching up with any updates with work. During work you are trying to fulfill customers requests, updating accounts, taking arrangements, completing orders, educating the customer and listening to what they want and fitting the customer with the correct needs and wants. Co-workers are great always willing to lend a helping hand and management is always busy under stress of directors and motivating people to meet and exceed quotas. The hardest part of the job was to voice an opinion in a large company in inefficiencies and errors with systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family that I had made while working there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
every second is noted
Excellent work-life balance in an innovative environment
Project Manager - Managed Video Collaboration (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 November 2014
From the outside SaskTel employees always look relaxed and not in a rush. This is a direct reflection of the warm and friendly culture at SaskTel. So even though employees have demanding workloads and competing priorities, we all have fun and stay ahead of the game.

The management at SaskTel is very approachable and interested in all employees professional growth.
Pros
Opportunities to acquire new skills
Cons
Multiple buildings
The best company .
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlyle, SK2 October 2014
Fixing cabling issues in Rural Saskatchewan. You are left alone to do what you do best. Very educational. Everybody should do it once in life. It is very motivating on getting your career goals straighten out. Out side work most of the year. It test your knowledge and skill everyday. Customers are usually very happy to see you when you show up. I recommend this company for most of my friends.
Attractive store layout, comfortability to customer is a definite asset. Overall a great place, and company to work for.
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 July 2014
A company that is competitive in the Telecommunications industry. I am proud to be employed and represent a successful company, such as Sasktel.
Aside from the excellent products and services the company offers, it also consists of friendly people, good wages, and benefits. I have been fortunate to work in a variety of departments over the past 13 years, gaining beneficial knowledge where-ever I was.
I am now looking for change, with the possibility of re-locating to an alternate province.
Pros
Discount on personal services.
Good place to gain experience
Senior Clerical Associate (Workforce Management) (Former Employee) –  Regina,Sk26 June 2014
SaskTel was a good place to gain experience, but they don't follow up on what they say they are going to do for you.
Friendly workspace
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 June 2014
Providing help to customers resolving their issues related to wireless , internet access, other emerging internet technologies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sasktel. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4