SaskPower Employee Reviews

call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 September 2017
the department i was in was terrible. very negative my boss was no good. my employees were not great. some were good but most were not good. unionized.
Temporary Job
Event Worker/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 September 2017
Worked as an ambassador for Sask Power to educate the public about switching to led lights. Especially at Christmas time. It was a seasonal temporary job.
Well managed company that cared for its employees
Dir Security Operations (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 August 2017
Best job I ever had very productive company that was well managed.
They listened to what you had to say. Provided training to those who needed it for advancement. very safe work enviornment,
Excellent Employer
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK24 July 2017
SaskPower is a great employer. I have enjoyed working with the team so far. Looking forward to many more years with SaskPower or another major production plant.
Cooperative, Learning, Innovative Evnironment
Design Engineer - Engineer in Training (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 June 2017
SaskPower offers challenging jobs but support from experienced senior employees who are always happy to help and guide you along the way. It has great work culture, work/life balance and wages.
Really hard work but good pay.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK24 February 2017
I was hired for a boiler shut down and it was basic standard stuff. You get tons of overtime but be prepared to get like no sleep. Very long hours and sometimes I would work 3 weeks straight without a day off.
Pros
High pay
Cons
long hours.
Restricted Work Place
Specialist, Specifications (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 February 2017
I personally am very much of a people-person and love to network and building long lasting relationships with customers strategically. SaskPower did not provide that opportunity for me during my stay within the company. This crown company provides great benefits to you and your family with a good paying wage. However, this company itself is mainly lacking of a workplace culture and value in its own employee. The hardest part of this job is you are always expected to get your job done without any appreciation and recognition of your work. I want to be treated as an asset more than a number in a company where I am not just someone that can easily replaced, and demonstrate a work place into a professional yet with a warm personal touch as a topping to the organization.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Miscommunication, lack of culture and value
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK18 February 2017
Great place to work with awesome people. The pay was good and you worked long hours with lots of overtime. I would go back and do another shutdown if the opportunity is there
an organisation the is willing to change
Project manager / technical consultant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK10 February 2017
Excellent team, always willing to push the boundaries. Good mix on consultant and permanent resources. Relatively new management team looking to improve SaskPower, not only for a business standpoint but also focusing on human impact and technology
very good organization to work for
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Swift Current, SK24 October 2016
I have learned a lot in this role, Saskpower is a great developmental environment for anyone looking towards a career in the utility sector.
work-life balance, good pay
Supply Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK1 October 2016
work life balance is good but upper management needs to improve, more training opportunities, slow growth, internal politics and favoritism.
One of the best places to work in Canada.
Apparatus Engineer, Engineer-in-Training (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 September 2016
SaskPower is one of the best places to work for in Canada. It provides excellent benefits, the job work/life balance is optimum and job security is assured.
Awesome team
Mobile Developer (Former Employee) –  Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada29 May 2016
The team was very committed and friendly. I could learn several mobile development techniques from them. Furthermore, it was a multicultural team, so I could learn way more them computing.
Productive & peaceful Environment
ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK14 March 2016
A company that prefer logical, analytical, fact based, critical, and realistic thinking. They use time effectively and focus on the highest-value tasks, accurately completing significant amounts of work. They analyze project goals and strive to achieve the desired outcomes.
Excellent company environment
Utility Worker, Labourer, AMI Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 January 2016
Excellent company gives high class training and safety materials to conduct assigned project. Excellent benefits and work/life balance.
The rating system is not working
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan14 December 2015
No scale is shown so I can't tell if checking the bubble to the left is good or to the right is good.

SaskPower was a great employer.
People-oriented
Market Research Leader (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 December 2015
SaskPower has a great supportive work culture. Everybody on my team was always eager to assist. And they offer awesome benefits/pay.
A typical day at work
Director of Overhauls and Heavy Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK10 November 2015
An interesting and challenging place to work, there is always opportunities to grow. I improved my job skills and honed my personal development skills
I would spend many hours working on contracts and budgets for plant overhauls and turnarounds,
The most enjoyable part of my job was the team building, I put lots of effort in building and nurturing overhauls teams, I received a lot of satisfaction mentoring and watching the team grow and become strong
As the company is a crown corporation, with the major shareholder being the government, I find myself putting in long hours and many miles on the road to attend meetings,time management is a major hurdle for this company.
That being said,I have gained very valuable experience and confidence in planning and executing overhauls for thermal generating stations
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Time management ( too many meetings and emails )
Great place to start out but if you want to move fast in your career look else where.
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK28 July 2015
Easy work as a Facility Operator. Most days are pretty relaxed. Lots of time to study which is beneficial for advancement, however, the opportunities to move forward come slowly and take forever to go through management.
Pros
Study time
Cons
Work ethic is terrible
Excellent Service Delivery
Customer Support Representative - Business Support (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 July 2015
Working in SaskPower has been a very exciting experience to me so far. The most enjoyable part of my job is going the extra mile to make customers happy through excellent service delivery. And I feel blessed working with a team of talented individuals who share similar work attitude with me. We get the job done no matter what.