SaskPower

SaskPower Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
travelling to different district
Light Standard Inspector, AMI Installer (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 14, 2015
Pros: expenses
Cons: always far away from home
As a meter installer, I am required to travel to different district such as Regina, Moose Jaw, Tisdale, Prince Ablert, etc. for work. It helps me to see different part of Saskatchewan and provides me a chance to meet people in different areas. Sometimes, hotels could be bad or customers' dogs are aggressive, but this also help me to develop my independent skill and problem solving skill. This job has also strengthen my communication skill a lot since providing a good customer service is a big part of the job.
Interesting Enviroment
PROJECT MANAGER/CHANGE MANAGER (Current Employee), Regina, SKMay 29, 2015
The Crown Corporation is a very different environment. This place is not for the extremely motivated resources. If you like to work hard and stay busy, than do not join this company.
Was a less than average experience
Solution Architect (Former Employee), Regina, SaskatchewanMarch 24, 2015
The vision for department wasn't defined very well and made it hard to provide the services required for the position properly.
Working in a corporate environment was a possitive experience
Business Support Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work went by really fast due to the heavy workload and demands of not only the public but internal staff, working well as a team to get the job was something I took pride in. I was fortunate to work with some great people that also had a good vision in the company.
Review at current workplace
SAP Netweaver Consultant (Current Employee), Regina, SKDecember 21, 2014
Provided SAP Basis support and performed various implementation projects. SaskPower is an excellent place to work. I really enjoyed working with various people.Great Culture!
Would like to go there for upgrades only and leave after.
Exchange and Lync Administrator (Former Employee), regina,saskatchewanOctober 19, 2014
Pros: friendly place to work
Cons: micro management and they are very strict on time
Show up on time or they will ask you if you will be working extra time and when, otherwise you will not be paid
Team lead if you want to call him that is a Micro manager.
team lead knows nothing of the software he is responsible for his team to manage.
Co-workers were knowledgeable and great to work with.
Good environment to work in
Facility Operator (Current Employee), Estevan, SKApril 21, 2014
Pros: kitchen in control room, canteen during day shifts, food ordering optional
Cons: stuck in the job, can advance up, but wish to go overseas
Obtain relief from previous on site operators as to equipment operations and any work being done which affects us. Change for the shift, head up to the control room, check the log books, and attend safety meeting prior to shift start.

Management is very visible during the day shift, and helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable.

Toughest part of the job was dealing with weather conditions and how it affects the fuel provided to the boilers. Otherwise its a fairly smooth operation, with only the occasional problems encountered on any work site.
Love the trade
District Operator (Former Employee), Beauval, SKJune 30, 2013
Pros: benefits
A very safety orientated company, Excellent benefits, wages there are now one of the highest.
I was trained to be a lineman by this company.
Management let their frontline employees take on more responsibility.
I worked with a great group of guys, also enjoyed training apprentices
and teaching them to respect power and always look up and identify your hazards before climbing and always keep thinking safety
Nice place to work in
Senior Structural Engineer Consultant (Current Employee), Regina, SKJune 24, 2013
Stable job to have.
Small city and good work/ life balance.
Living cost are okay.
Low pay, had to use own equipment
Contractor (Former Employee), Grenfell, SKFebruary 18, 2013
Cons: low pay, had to use own equipment
Mowed lawn. the paw was low, and i was only payed in a lump sum at the end of each season.
Productive work place
ABAP Developer (Former Employee), Regina SKDecember 13, 2012
Excellent management, good work place and work condition.
work place where goals were set and met
area production planner (Former Employee), Estevan, SKOctober 14, 2012
Pros: help available most of the time if needed and knowledge ably leaders
Cons: long hours
good company to work for overall little short on family needs