SaskPower Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent company environment
Utility Worker, Labourer, AMI Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 22, 2016
Excellent company gives high class training and safety materials to conduct assigned project. Excellent benefits and work/life balance.
The rating system is not working
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  SaskatchewanDecember 14, 2015
No scale is shown so I can't tell if checking the bubble to the left is good or to the right is good.

SaskPower was a great employer.
People-oriented
Market Research Leader (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 3, 2015
SaskPower has a great supportive work culture. Everybody on my team was always eager to assist. And they offer awesome benefits/pay.
A typical day at work
Director of Overhauls and Heavy Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 10, 2015
An interesting and challenging place to work, there is always opportunities to grow. I improved my job skills and honed my personal development skills
I would spend many hours working on contracts and budgets for plant overhauls and turnarounds,
The most enjoyable part of my job was the team building, I put lots of effort in building and nurturing overhauls teams, I received a lot of satisfaction mentoring and watching the team grow and become strong
As the company is a crown corporation, with the major shareholder being the government, I find myself putting in long hours and many miles on the road to attend meetings,time management is a major hurdle for this company.
That being said,I have gained very valuable experience and confidence in planning and executing overhauls for thermal generating stations
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
Time management ( too many meetings and emails )
Great place to start out but if you want to move fast in your career look else where.
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SKJuly 28, 2015
Easy work as a Facility Operator. Most days are pretty relaxed. Lots of time to study which is beneficial for advancement, however, the opportunities to move forward come slowly and take forever to go through management.
Pros
Study time
Cons
Work ethic is terrible
Excellent Service Delivery
Customer Support Representative - Business Support (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 7, 2015
Working in SaskPower has been a very exciting experience to me so far. The most enjoyable part of my job is going the extra mile to make customers happy through excellent service delivery. And I feel blessed working with a team of talented individuals who share similar work attitude with me. We get the job done no matter what.
travelling to different district
Light Standard Inspector, AMI Installer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 14, 2015
As a meter installer, I am required to travel to different district such as Regina, Moose Jaw, Tisdale, Prince Ablert, etc. for work. It helps me to see different part of Saskatchewan and provides me a chance to meet people in different areas. Sometimes, hotels could be bad or customers' dogs are aggressive, but this also help me to develop my independent skill and problem solving skill. This job has also strengthen my communication skill a lot since providing a good customer service is a big part of the job.
Pros
expenses
Cons
always far away from home
Interesting Enviroment
PROJECT MANAGER/CHANGE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 29, 2015
The Crown Corporation is a very different environment. This place is not for the extremely motivated resources. If you like to work hard and stay busy, than do not join this company.
Was a less than average experience
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Regina, SaskatchewanMarch 24, 2015
The vision for department wasn't defined very well and made it hard to provide the services required for the position properly.
Working in a corporate environment was a possitive experience
Business Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work went by really fast due to the heavy workload and demands of not only the public but internal staff, working well as a team to get the job was something I took pride in. I was fortunate to work with some great people that also had a good vision in the company.
Review at current workplace
SAP Netweaver Consultant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 21, 2014
Provided SAP Basis support and performed various implementation projects. SaskPower is an excellent place to work. I really enjoyed working with various people.Great Culture!
Would like to go there for upgrades only and leave after.
Exchange and Lync Administrator (Former Employee) –  regina,saskatchewanOctober 19, 2014
Show up on time or they will ask you if you will be working extra time and when, otherwise you will not be paid
Team lead if you want to call him that is a Micro manager.
team lead knows nothing of the software he is responsible for his team to manage.
Co-workers were knowledgeable and great to work with.
Pros
friendly place to work
Cons
micro management and they are very strict on time
Good environment to work in
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SKApril 21, 2014
Obtain relief from previous on site operators as to equipment operations and any work being done which affects us. Change for the shift, head up to the control room, check the log books, and attend safety meeting prior to shift start.

Management is very visible during the day shift, and helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable.

Toughest part of the job was dealing with weather conditions and how it affects the fuel provided to the boilers. Otherwise its a fairly smooth operation, with only the occasional problems encountered on any work site.
Pros
kitchen in control room, canteen during day shifts, food ordering optional
Cons
stuck in the job, can advance up, but wish to go overseas
Love the trade
District Operator (Former Employee) –  Beauval, SKJune 30, 2013
A very safety orientated company, Excellent benefits, wages there are now one of the highest.
I was trained to be a lineman by this company.
Management let their frontline employees take on more responsibility.
I worked with a great group of guys, also enjoyed training apprentices
and teaching them to respect power and always look up and identify your hazards before climbing and always keep thinking safety
benefits
Nice place to work in
Senior Structural Engineer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 24, 2013
Stable job to have.
Small city and good work/ life balance.
Living cost are okay.
Low pay, had to use own equipment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Grenfell, SKFebruary 18, 2013
Mowed lawn. the paw was low, and i was only payed in a lump sum at the end of each season.
Cons
low pay, had to use own equipment
Productive work place
ABAP Developer (Former Employee) –  Regina SKDecember 13, 2012
Excellent management, good work place and work condition.
work place where goals were set and met
area production planner (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKOctober 14, 2012
good company to work for overall little short on family needs
Pros
help available most of the time if needed and knowledge ably leaders
Awesome team
Mobile Developer (Former Employee) –  Regina, Saskatchewan, CanadaMay 29, 2016
The team was very committed and friendly. I could learn several mobile development techniques from them. Furthermore, it was a multicultural team, so I could learn way more them computing.