Saskatoon Prairieland Park, Operations Department, currently requires a full time permanent OPERATIONS PERSONNEL.
The purpose of the Operations Personnel position is to provide specific services and support for all Prairieland events and their rental customers. The Operations Personnel are also involved in the overall operations and maintenance of all Prairieland Park facilities, grounds, equipment and inventory.
The work schedule will vary from week to week depending upon the events schedule. Evening and weekend shifts will be required.
Duties will vary and can include:
- In collaboration with Operations Department staff and customers, temporary installation and/or removal of material required for individual events in accordance with event specifications (to include: carpet, drape, tables, chairs and other décor material)
- Materials handling (shipping/ receiving) of tradeshow related materials, sign installation and other services in accordance with event specifications
- Monitoring of all building mechanical (lighting, temperature, electrical) for maintenance of facilities to ensure safety and comfort for all
- Communication with co-workers and customers to ensure that all event requirements and event changes are completed to the customer’s satisfaction or passed on to the appropriate person to be addressed
- Preparation of post event reports, incident reports and billing information as required
- General maintenance duties as assigned for upkeep of facilities and all property
- Outdoor grounds maintenance duties as assigned. (Snow and ice removal, grounds sweeping, painting, etc.)
- Must have a strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- Must be a team player with proven ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with customers, co-workers and guests
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Previous experience operating forklifts, bobcats, scissor lifts and tractors is preferred. Forklift certification would be an asset
- Must be physically fit; energetic including the ability to lift and move heavy objects
- Must be well organized and able to establish and set work priorities
- Must be able to work to deadlines
- Must have strong attention to detail
Prairieland Park provides a competitive hourly wage, including shift differential, and benefits.
The deadline for applications is September 24, 2013.