Saskatoon Co-op Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  Martensville, SK20 September 2017
Very good workplace at the martensville location, the manager was excellent, staff was good. The pay kinda sucks for a pump attendant but there is always room for advancement.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Pay wage
nice place to work, good benefits and good management
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warman, SK20 July 2017
I really love my job right now..nice people to work with and company benefits are really awesome. The only reason why i need to look for other job is im planning to move to BC..
Pros
good benefits, good management, long term job, unionize
Saskatoon Co-op
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 July 2017
I have worked at Saskatoon Co-op for 5 plus years.
I have always enjoyed going to work, I was committed, starving to learn more, and being relied on.
Pros
Co-op membership
Cons
N/a
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 May 2017
Friendly environment. Great coworkers. Great first job. Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with ungrateful/unfriendly customers. If you're able to keep your cool, this job is for you.
Pros
Awesome benefits and wages
Cons
Odd shifts
If you're looking for an entry-level job, get it here!
Lumber yard & warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 October 2015
Saskatoon Co-op is your best bet if you want a job, or even a career, with no education. I worked there for one year and got two raises in accordance with their collective bargaining agreement. Or maybe it was more, I don't remember. Employees are unionized, and the company is very respectful of the union and their workers. If I had worked there 5 years, I would be making $18/hr at that exact same job. It was 40 hours a week, and every once in a while overtime was offered for a few hours or so. They gave me forklift training for free after a couple weeks of working there. (I was also offered other opportunities for advancement and further free training so that I could work in building supply estimates, but this was circumstantial, so don't expect it.)

Job postings for other company positions are frequently posted in the break room. I think it's a bargaining agreement thing - they have to post within the company before looking outside, or something like that. So you can pay attention to what kind of wages are being paid in, say, the meat department at the grocery store, and if you feel like a change you can go for it without risking your wage increases, because your seniority will still apply.

Co-op really invests in its employees. Through Federated Co-operatives Ltd., they train their employees in things like theft prevention and customer service. Like, you will get paid 4 hours to spend your morning in a meeting room downtown instead of at work. And you can ask to go to as many of these as you want. Maybe your manager will annoy you, but ultimately the company really
  more... wants you to do well and stay with them (as long as you do your job well).

Also it's member-owned. The profits literally go back to the customers. Of course a lot of the income is reinvested in some big old salaries for managers and consultants, but ultimately the fruits of your labour are not owned by a family of mega-rich arseholes like Wal-Mart or whatever. It literally goes back into the community.
Pros
Strong union. Wage increases. Security. Room for change and advancement.
Cons
Because it's such a strong job, the supervisors tend to stick around, so don't expect to make supe in a month.
My review
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 October 2014
Overall Co-op is a great place to work. Everyone is super helpful and always there . I have learned to be better person. Management is great.
Fair work, reasonable work enviroment
Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 October 2013
The Saskatoon Co-op is a good place to work, doing their best to look after their employees while being very customer driven. They provide several opportunities to attend workshops on many subjects, such as customer satisfaction.