Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority Employee Review

View all Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority reviews

BORING, Too military like
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert25 December 2013
Had too much hassle to deal with. Supervisors were ok but the Manager was a royal pain. Only favoured her "friends", advancement was null/void. Was depressing to say the least. Would NOT recommend for a young person under 35..
Pros
Hours if your a full-time. IF that is. Food discount
Cons
everything else. management blows

Other Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority Employee Reviews

All about who you know
Gec (Former Employee) –  Northbattleford sk17 January 2018
Wow ! Thought this would be a good work adventure/experience and adventure it was. Everyone talks about each other , upper management has no clue how to run each department and likes to tell everyone how to do their jobs it's all about who you know . People are in positions they are not qualified for , certain people in managerial positions only obtained It from their parents/in laws/relatives. If your not a part of the rumor mill you will be made the rumor. There are a few good employees that go above and beyond even as far as to help out with other departments how ever they are frequently weeded out which only keeps the environment toxic. This is like one big band office with a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours mentality which in translation is -you hide my mistakes I'll hide yours-.
Alot of employees ride the backs of others who actually know their jobs and do them well. Staff turn over is high and alot of cut backs in staff it's always about the budget so they are frequently short staffed leading to work place injury and increased sick time. In a nut shell if you feel like working your butt off with out appreciation then join this circus.
Great Values Overlooked
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 December 2017
The organization itself is 22 years old and has great values that they base their foundation. These values are not honored. This is an organization that has cliques and if you don't fit in you are on your own. My experience is you are always under attack and you are never supported. I loved the people I worked with. The team aspect on a daily basis was great but if you are not First Nations nothing you say or do will be valued with this company. The senior leaders don't honour the Guiding Principles that this company established. They need to re-evaluate what their mission is and look at bringing new senior leaders in to the company that are progressive and value people. Human Resources is not valued......operations is what makes the money. The CEO is a fantastic person and leader but has no idea what his executive team does that he is not aware of.