The role of the Sarnia Lambton Workforce Development Board is to provide authoritative research, identify employee trends, target workforce opportunities, initiate development projects, and bring people together to address labour force issues.
JOB POSTING – Immigrant Mentorship Program Coordinator
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Project Manager has responsibility and accountability for developing and growing a mentorship program for immigrants within the business community in the Sarnia Lambton area.
Educational / Experience Requirements
- Successful completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field (business administration, public relations/marketing, social sciences) or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at developing and delivering presentations
- Skills and experience in developing partnerships
- Ability to work independently and meet goals
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with strong skills in database management, word-processing, spreadsheets and the Internet
- Knowledge and understanding of the local economy
The successful applicant must possess a valid “G” driver’s license for the Province of Ontario and have access to a dependable vehicle.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
A full job description is available on the Sarnia Lambton Workforce Development Board website http://www.slwdb.org
Interested applicants are invited to email their resume in confidence by 1 p.m., Thursday, January 10th to Vicky Ducharme, Executive Director.
Applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, January 15th. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.