Saputo Employee Reviews

toxic work enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 December 2016
Supervisor direction is not communicated. Unreachable mandates with little or no coaching. No team work to achieve goals between departments.
Pros
good wage
Cons
treated poorly
great place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Canada3 October 2016
Great place to work a lot of Advancement options for someone that works hard. employees are great and work with each other I would raccomand it to anyone
Pros
Advancement options
Cons
long hors
Overall good
General plant help recall (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 September 2016
If you enjoy order picking work and warehouse environment then you will enjoy your time spent at Saputo.
3 30 minute breaks
Co workers are nice
Pros
Good pay/union
Cons
Lay offs/shift change
labourer
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Tavistock, ON6 July 2016
long days, great family, awesome benefits, good wages. Room to grow within the company. Hardest part is working on cement for 12 hrs a day three days in a row. Love the challenges and changes every day.
productive workplace
Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 June 2016
a typicalday at work is usually cold,but not too cold unless your in the freezer,and your handling food product mostly dairy we just distribute at this location so never had to deal with raw material but its a good place to work ..
Pros
god money
Cons
not enough hours
An okay place to work
Transportation & Fleet Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2016
Company is very supportive of employees. Fun team to work with. Allow you to do your job without being micromanaged
Need to spend more money on maintenance. Some troublesome employees that are difficult to handle. Need more support with infrastructure.
Advice to Management
HR needs to be more supportive in dealing with management issues
Nice place to work. Employees great to work with and very helpful
Casual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
Liked the job and the people who worked there. Job was repetitive and at a fast pace. Hardest part of job was cart building. I enjoyed working on the shredding machine.
Pros
Hands on job and got to taste the different cheese packaged there
good company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2016
to start with shift meetings we are all on the same page employees be came friends management became aware of each persons best quality learning to operate autopallitizer meeting up with each other after work
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 December 2015
It is a very good company to work for and the people there are helpful, friendly and awesome to work with. I learned the way they do Accounts Payable and enjoyed doing the work.
Always moving and on the go
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Halifax N.S6 October 2015
As i work full days at the golf course i also work 3 evening shifts and 2 full days on the weekend with the company Saputo Dairy. A typical day at Saputo is arriving to many different grocery stores and having to work our products onto these grocery stores shelves(mostly Milk products). Working independently has of course pros and cons. Pros are its normally a pretty quite working space and i get to make my own decisions on the product placement and the way our products will look on the shelves. Cons are it being independent, I have to work after many other co-workers who don't appear to show the same work ethics as I display. They can other leave product behind because they felt they did enough that day, or even had other co-workers tell me myself that some leave work behind for me specifically because they know i'll be in that day and still don't complain about the extra work. Saputo is a great job but just the environments of the grocery stores are the downfall. While working independent with Saputo you experience much interference with grocery employees and management. What i mean by the environments of the grocery stores are mostly everyone tends to make their days difficult and more frustrating not only on themselves but for their other co-workers. For example i experience on a daily basis other workers only complaining on how poorly their co-workers are and how they work. If said person leaves one thing behind or leaves something in the way for only a minute, another co-worker whom its interfering with would rather complain on how poor of a worker that other employee  more... is, rather than take matters into their own hands and just move the product out of the way. To me for the most part I see very little team structure in these stores and it's frustrating having to hear on a daily basis how tough someone else's life is because they had to make an extra effort.  less
Pros
Work independent
Cons
Listening to others complain
Take it for what it is
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2015
Lack of trust and leadership from managers. No cooperation with other departments. Office goosip and politics are poor
Pros
salary
Cons
lack of trust. Some managers lack of understanding the business. Not loyal to their employees
Helping others to suceed in there business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Okanagan BC25 October 2013
I was a Sales Rep for Saputo ( Dairyland Rep) in the Okanagan.
Long days and lots of traveling as I had a big territory. Loved the people that I met and it was great sharing my knowledge and expertise about business with them. Each store was an individual so it was good for me as I like a challenge.
Pros
winning prizes
Cons
Mismanaged, disorganized, too many departments looking out for their own
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton5 May 2013
This place had so much potential for being a great company to work for, but the lack of support from management, mistakes made by other departments made the job impossible. Having angry customers call because they didn't receive their product, or product was missing or shorted was a regular occurrence, yet there was little willingness from other departments to help these customers out, especially if they were small. Constant battle to hold on to customers.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Mismanaged, disorganized, no customer service, lack of support
worst Company ever to work for in Calgary, Ab call center
customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2013
The only good thing with Saputo is benefits but every company has that.

1. Poorly managed and managers who are in experienced and don't care about the workers.

2. Don't promote with in the company. They made me work at a job for over a month, I was thinking I was going to get the promotion then they hired someone else but yet was going to force me todo and train the new guy.

3. Lots of gossip in the office from co-workers. When you confront the manager about it she doesn't want to get involved. But managers are supposed to manage the department.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
fun and interesting job with variety everyday
driver ac-c (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON9 January 2013
would go in 2 hours before show and do commercials and show prep
where i learned writing and producing of commercials. got along with all the other announcers
Pros
being involved with the community
Cons
low pay
The most fun place to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 January 2013
David Atkins was the production company for Winter Olympic 2010.
I worked with the most talented and creative people and learned a great deal of professionalism and organizational behaviour.
great workplace overall
Shipper / Receiver (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 December 2012
a typical day is fast paced. the rf functionality.the management is sometimes not very respectful.the people i work with are generally nice.the job is fairly basic and simple. i enjoy the hours of work and the duties.
Pros
free in house pizza made in the test kitchen quite often.
Cons
extremely cold warehouse
Productive/ fun place to work
Warehouse Coordinator/Dispatcher Saputo (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON16 August 2012
Fast pace, lots of planning involved, great coworkers, long hours.
Environnement de travail agréable et productif
Technicienne comptable (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 November 2016
Les heures supplémentaires que je fais chez Saputo dans mon département ne me permet pas d'équilibrer ma vie familiale.
Pros
Avantage sociaux interessant
Cons
Heures Suplementaires non payé
Environnement de travail agréable
Analyste financière sénior (Former Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QC9 March 2016
Entreprise familiale avec très bon ambiance de travail. Lieu rénové et agrandi.
Pros
Bonne ambiance
Cons
Traffic pour les personnes de la Rive-Nord