Saputo

Saputo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mismanaged, disorganized, too many departments looking out for their own
Sales (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary
Cons: mismanaged, disorganized, no customer service, lack of support
This place had so much potential for being a great company to work for, but the lack of support from management, mistakes made by other departments made the job impossible. Having angry customers call because they didn't receive their product, or product was missing or shorted was a regular occurrence, yet there was little willingness from other departments – more... to help these customers out, especially if they were small. Constant battle to hold on to customers. – less
fun and interesting job with variety everyday
driver ac-c (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: being involved with the community
Cons: low pay
would go in 2 hours before show and do commercials and show prep
where i learned writing and producing of commercials. got along with all the other announcers
The most fun place to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 9, 2013
David Atkins was the production company for Winter Olympic 2010.
I worked with the most talented and creative people and learned a great deal of professionalism and organizational behaviour.
great workplace overall
Shipper / Receiver (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 22, 2012
Pros: free in house pizza made in the test kitchen quite often.
Cons: extremely cold warehouse
a typical day is fast paced. the rf functionality.the management is sometimes not very respectful.the people i work with are generally nice.the job is fairly basic and simple. i enjoy the hours of work and the duties.
Productive/ fun place to work
Warehouse Coordinator/Dispatcher Saputo (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONAugust 16, 2012
Fast pace, lots of planning involved, great coworkers, long hours.
Forklift Operater
Forklift Operator Stager (Former Employee), Tulare, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: potlucks, teamwork and free safety prizes
Cons: management, lack of leadership and not a enough covering when someone out sick or on vacation
When we first get there we have pass down with our supervisor then were fill out our inspection sheet for the forklift, then our supervisor lets us know what we are doing for the day. For example: staging,loading,putaway, tranfer or receiving. My co-workers alway willing to help each other out until the end of the day we all come in as a team we all – more... leave as a team. The hardest part of my job was making sure my counts were right and veritying everything was right on my pallet and what I left in locations. The most enjoyable part of my job is how we all come together as a team at the end of the shift. – less
Plant Manager
machine operator (Former Employee), Gustine, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great befits and great co-workers
Cons: lots of favoritism
He is hard on the employee, if you get in trouble one time or make a mistake he will ride you until you quite or make a big mistake that you will get fired. He dose not care that you have medical problems.
he will not listen to you if you have a problem with the supervisor. He will always believe the supervisor. I quote " If I have to choose between – more... you on the supervisor you will always loose – less
Great work place
DC Supervisor (Current Employee), Murray, KYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: incentive programs
Cons: commuinmication at all levels
Start day with shift pass off and absenteeism
Discuss any problems or issues
Check schedule and ensure it is being followed
Walk the work area and interact with employees
Discuss any problems or issues that they may be having and take action on them.
Adjusting to any last minute changes or unknown inventory shortages that will directly affect current – more... schedule.
Completing schedule and no safety, health or environmental issues. – less
Fast pace work
Production/Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Hancock, MDNovember 4, 2013
Pros: smoke room/ indoor snack machine
Cons: short breaks if any/schedule and work times always changing/ hot and humid place to work
I would start my day by checking either if I was operating tables, operating cooker or racking cheese.

Operating Tables

I would look at paperwork to see what product was being made and how may tables were left. I would check set times and drop times of curd to determine the ripening time to begin process of product. I would operate the dicer/blower – more... and move it from table to the next to process product. After all tables were done I would disassemble equipment, machinery, and tools for cleaning and sanitization. When cleaning was done I would reassemble everything needed for next shift to start production.

Operating Cooker

I would check paperwork to see what ingredients was needed for process of product being made that day. Set up and assemble curd lines and equipment needed to process product. Add ingredients, set cook time, temperature and weight on cooker for each cook cycle. When finished making product I would disassemble equipment and machinery for cleaning and sanitization. After done cleaning reassemble equipment and machines for next shift.

Racking Cheese

I would check paperwork to see what product was being made. I would check product for any foreign matter and remove product not acceptable to company and customer satisfaction. I would rack cheese in timely manner to ensure the flow of product was not disturbed. Document and record the product being made on reports for packing and plant purposes. When the days production order was done and all cheese was racked I would begin cleaning and sanitization of equipment and work area. When cleaning was done I would set up work area and equipment for next shift.

Packing

I would check packing order to determine packing materials needed for the day. Check and clean cheese of foreign matter while being packaged in film. I would pack product in correct boxes. I would operate weight scale and stack boxes on pallet to be shipped. I would remove loaded pallets from packaging to shipping. At end of day I was responsible for cleanup of work area.

While working at Saputo I learned and understood the process of cheese making. I was trained on how to use and clean with hazardous chemicals. Trained and certified to operate forklift, pallet jack, and other shipping and receiving equipment.

Supervisors were always helpful and knowledgeable if any problems occurred. My coworkers were easy to get along with and worked well together. They helped with the work and cleaning that needed done. The hardest part working at Saputo was working in the hot, humid, and wet environment. The most enjoyable part of job was being able to work on your own. – less
Operations focused Dairy Company
Finance Director (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2013
A strong management team with dedicated employees. The pace can often be relentless, but the results are tangible. Good compensation and benefits package.
worst Company ever to work for in Calgary, Ab call center
customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The only good thing with Saputo is benefits but every company has that.

1. Poorly managed and managers who are in experienced and don't care about the workers.

2. Don't promote with in the company. They made me work at a job for over a month, I was thinking I was going to get the promotion then they hired someone else but yet was going to force me – more... todo and train the new guy.

3. Lots of gossip in the office from co-workers. When you confront the manager about it she doesn't want to get involved. But managers are supposed to manage the department. – less
Hard warehouse work
Cheese packer (Former Employee), Hinesburg, VTOctober 28, 2012
Difficult job with a tricky commute. Pleasant,helpful co-workers
great place for growth and oppertunity
Line Coordinator (Former Employee), Tulare, CAMarch 16, 2012
good work envoriment room to grow and suceed good over all managment fast paced and good saftey first work place
Fermeture d'usine
Superviseur (Current Employee), WarwickSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: rabais fromage, fonds de pension et achats de parts corporatives
Cons: horaire et très peu d'avancement si vous êtes pas de la famille
Bien que l'entreprise est rentable, il est plus rentable de fermer notre usine pour moderniser ailleurs tout en s'assurant de produire pendant la modernisation de l'autre usine qui sera plus rentable.
description générale
Aide Opérateur (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 4, 2013
une journée de travail commence par un meeting, il y a des opportunités de développement personnel. Le management est bien mis en oeuvre, les collaborateurs sont professionnels.
saputo division boulangerie
operateur machinerie production (Former Employee), Sainte-Marie-De-Beauce, QCAugust 31, 2012
Pros: bon salaire
Cons: pas contact avec l'humain
m'assurer au bon fonctionnement des robot
l'aspect le plus difficile est de faire un travail à la chaine sans contact avec l'humain et pour sa c'est tres important pour moi
Bonne avantage salariale