The Technical Sales Manager will market and promote products and services to existing and new customers, in industrial and municipal markets. In this capacity, the Technical Sales Manager will be working with consulting engineers, contractors, end users and business partners. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively introduce, demonstrate and promote current and new products to new and existing clients.
- Establish the company as a preferred vendor within the client network.
- Develop new, non-traditional, business opportunities in conjunction with the President.
- Prepare, present and improve bid proposals to end users.
- Foster positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Continually evaluate the area framework to assure sufficient coverage and efficiency.
- Maximize market penetration in assigned segments by developing and working a business plan.
- Sets challenging sales objectives for distributors and self, in conjunction with the President.
- Evaluate competitive situations and recommend appropriate tactics.
- Implement pricing policies within market segments as directed by President.
- Contribute to competitive and industry intelligence gathering.
- Maintain Project Tracking database.
- Submit monthly report summarizing performance and current competitive activity.
- Update and maintain existing customer and trade reference mailing lists, as required.
- Complete follow up on inquiries and leads forwarded and report back on outcomes.
- Investigate, document and report all complaints and claims for service in territory and coordinate same within the Western Canada region.
- Attend trade shows as required
- Demonstrate strong team work skills in a virtual environment with various departments including management, finance, manufacturing, design and service.
- Work independently and exhibit excellent time and self-management skills.
Ability to manage and develop an assigned territory by identifying opportunities of service and sales, preparing detailed proposals, closing contracts and providing customer support, allied with a self-confident, self-motivated approach and excellent communication/negotiation skills are requested competencies.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking a motivated, self-starter who works well under minimal supervision. Candidates should be a graduate from a recognized Engineering Technical program or have a relevant Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Water Sciences. Candidates must have at least 5 years of successful experience in a similar technical sales environment. Candidates must be well versed in all aspects of water process design and manufacturing. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and be prepared to travel to all sites including remote locations.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Sapphire Water designs, manufactures and services Membrane Treatment Equipment. We supply Reverse Osmosis and Nano Filtration Units from 100...