LOCATION: Watson/Humboldt Offices, Saskatchewan
REPORTING TO: Vice President
The Design Technician is responsible for the implementation and completion of all municipal and commercial projects. The position is responsible for the control for all ongoing and future projects and contracts. This includes their planning, organization, communication and development.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design of membrane treatment systems.
- Supply budget pricing, dimensions etc. of membrane treatment systems to interested parties.
- Ensure bid bonds etc. are in place before tender documents are submitted.
- Ensure that all tender documents are completed and returned before tender closing dates.
- Ensure that all shop drawings are completed and returned to the consultant in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any changes, alterations and additions to shop drawings and related documents are updated and all parties concerned are notified.
- Ensure all warranties, deficiencies and as built drawings are completed in a timely manner.
- Formulate, assist and maintain all project policies and procedures.
- Bring extraordinary events or conditions to the attention of the Vice President.
To meet the challenge of this role, we are seeking an energetic, extremely organized self-starter who enjoys a challenge. Strong analytical skills and the ability to spot potential problems is a must.
The ideal candidate will have training from a recognized college in an engineering related program. Experience with AUTOCAD as well as a minimum of 2 years in Projects/Design is required. Additionally, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint experience is necessary. This position requires the individual to work independently and as part of a team, and so must process strong, dependable work ethics. Applicants must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.