Sanmina-SCI

Sanmina-SCI Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work
Buyer Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WISeptember 6, 2013
Pros: multi tasking
Cons: no room for advancement
Ensuring on time deliveries, running reports, assisting planners, product management teams - focus teams, production team with any shortages. Working with vendors ensuring cost saving buys and any needed push, pulls or cancels as needed. Entering purchase orders ranging from .01 to sever hundred thousand dollars.

Learn daily from the management team – more... the importance of staying within guidelines getting the job done in serving our end user. In addition the importance of stepping up to help out on the production floor with inventory or end of quarter needs in helping the inventory turns.

Build also strong relationships with internal partners in helping meet our objectives in meeting the end users demands.

The most hardest part of the job is leaving and knowing there is work still to be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when its extremely busy - love to multi task! – less
Fun and interesting
Planner (Former Employee), Austin TxAugust 26, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: bad benefits
Interacted with customers and internal departments while simultaneously reporting any deviations in original agreement needing to be implemented. Concisely reviewed and created sales order in customer portal in order to schedule order onto internal system using Intuitive system while monitoring and confirming ship date. Seamlessly developed plans and – more... schedules while coordinating and approving release of work orders. Analyzed and quoted incoming PO and reviewed MRP for kit completion prior to build date. – less
A day on the job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 21, 2013
Pros: the experience to be able to interact with people from all over the world
Cons: no advancements in statis or pay
Overall, a typical day on this job is exciting. There is a lot that is always going on and never a dull moment. I work with very interesting people who are all intelligent. The job really isn't hard and I enjoy having the opportunity to work with and around people from different walks of life.
x
Senior Plating Technician (Former Employee), Derry, NHJuly 18, 2013
Cons: closed door and relocated oversees.
Senior operator and group leaded. Made sure that all equipment was in perfect operating order. Trouble shooting and issues and making sure that were resolved in a timely fashion. Look care of personnel issues and resolved them in accordance with company policy.
Great place to work and grow
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2013
Started of from CoorsTek Amazing Solution to Sanmina SCI. The job teach me more than I expected. I enjoy working with friendly people and management.
This was a really great company to work for.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Fountain, COApril 29, 2013
I was able to work the positions assigned. I was also given additional responsibilities.
a varity of circuit to work on
Production Operator and Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDApril 16, 2013
Work started at 1530 and ended at 0000 plus 2 hrs on some days.
Learned to operate 3 or 4 ICT Testors.
Good and not so good, just like other people thought making use vacation hrs before the plant sold was underhanded. Management graded performance by output which divided the tech against one another instead of helping each other for more production.
Some – more... would help with difficult problems while others mislead me.
Hard to keep up spirit when one knows a board type is going to have a 5% pass rate.
Enjoyed troubleshooting and repairing Printed Wire Assemblies and finding the problems in a computer system. – less
Always had work
Test Operator (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALMarch 9, 2013
Testing circuit boards, and if the board failed, troubleshooting the problem and fixing it. Worked with kind and wonderful people.
People are friendly
Buyer / Purchasing Admin (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 1, 2013
work with different projects, quick turn , interfacing with a different customers/vendor
A job
Design Engineer Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: good steady work
Cons: let go when close to retireing.
Worked for 21 years and got laid off just prior to retirement. Was not the way I wanted to end my career..
Repairing
Technician (Former Employee), Allen, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Repairing printers for Dell all day long. Fun place to work.
At this company I learned a lot.
Regulatory Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 28, 2012
This was were I learned a lot about manufacturing and administration. I enjoyed working for Samina-SCI.
Ok place to work
Receiving/Material Handler (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: have had one pay raise 4 years
Its a decent place to work when there is work. The people you work with are really friendly. The management does a good job.
see resume
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIOctober 25, 2012
Company is intransition from old brick and mortor model to transport based operative model.
IN tune to what I want to do as a carrere just a little over bearing.
Mfg Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 23, 2012
The environment and people that I worked with were great. Upper management wanted to control all things with every site that it was difficult to do daily tasks.
It's been goo working at Sanmina-sci I have learned all what I know.
Shipping / Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Fremont CaOctober 22, 2012
Pros: good benefist
Cons: economy, busisnes up and down and mandatories mto.
I been working for alomos 12 years at Sanmina-SCI, that I been learnig all about warehouse, logistics, inventory control, I also have 2 years experince as driver and 8 years of froklift operator..
Machine shop making wide variety of parts for semiconductor & oil & gas companies
Data Entry/RMA Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 17, 2012
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, fast paced environment
Cons: shut down weeks, layoffs
A typical day for me would be running reports, processing new sales orders, updating customer data bases, assisting AR department with trouble shooting errors in billing and correcting issues and supporting PM group. I learned a great deal about Oracle 11i and how orders are processed in order to assist my facility with any issues within Oracle. Our – more... management was in the process of changing and being re-arranged. My co-workers within my facility were hard working individuals that worked as a team. The hardest part of my job was dealing with changing management staff as we were in this midst of this and it was not stable as yet. The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of daily tasks I was responsible for and assisting co-workers, corporate and customers with issues. – less
Productive work environment
Test Technician (Current Employee), Bothell, WAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: the manager is very flexible with employee's time-off / vacation
Cons: slow raise
Great co-workers with great attitudes
Great starting place for fresh graduate
Lots of things to learn from day 1
Challenging at first, but things progress fast as i move along
A typical semiconductor industry company.
Mechanical Designer/Drafter (Current Employee), Newark, CAOctober 1, 2012
Work is fluctuating with the semiconductor industry. There are up and down periods throughout the year.
Productive and very important work place.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Owego, NYSeptember 18, 2012
My job consists of inspecting the quality of circuit boards and making sure that no bad product has left our area or made it to our customers. You handle issues with alot of poeple from the different departments throughout the plant. The hardest part of the job is that there is always changes happening and you have to have a good memory. To me, the – more... most enjyable part is the paperwork that is included with the jobs. – less

About Sanmina-SCI

Sanmina (formerly Sanmina-SCI) is a top contract manufacturer of sophisticated electronic components, including printed circuit – Read more