Sanmina-SCI

Sanmina-SCI Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good jobs
Cell leader/ Stockroom/Warehouse (Former Employee), Woburn, MANovember 3, 2014
I have a lot of fun make a lot friends over there and good personal people over there because they move don't last long
Typical day at Work
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 27, 2014
Opportunity to learn new things everyday. Good opportunity for growth in this organization. Hardest part of the job was lack of procedures in place.
Lots of great people
Senior Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Fountain, ColoradoOctober 3, 2014
Pros: the facility was wonderful
Cons: too much corporate micromanagment
Advancement within the company was available. Unfortunately, the company closed plant
Last place to look for job.
Engineer (Former Employee), Hunts, AL.September 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Long days, 60 hours a week min. Great co-workers. Not so much for management.
Productive, quick paced work place.
Production Operator (Current Employee), Mainistir Fhear Maí, CSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: cheaper lunches, outdoor break area
Cons: not enouhg hours, shifts could be cancelled last minute.
A typical day would be a 12 hour shift on various stations. Filling in paper work in a certain format and checking quality of product. I work with an amazing group of people, who are easy to talk to and extremely helpful. The hardest part of this job would probably be being inside 11 hours of your 12. I love getting to work with the group I'm with and – more... learning new things on a daily basis. – less
Not a great place for growth
AOI/DFI Operator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2014
Not a great place to work at no advancement opportunities and no raises even if you've been there 10 yrs probably not making more then 11-12 dollars same as someone new that would start at 10 dollars. they don't appreciate their employees or give anything back. they love to push them for numbers when they need to get jobs moved but as soon as there's – more... no work they start laying off I've been there 5 yrs started at 10.50 in swing shift and now 5 yrs later im only making 11.50 i have only received one raise in 5 yrs that speaks for itself! and i'am a great worker this place sucks and they have meeting all the time saying we need to improve but we area great team and every time raises are questioned they don't have anything to say ..don't recommend this place at all I've been looking for a new job.. – less
Great place to work for single parents & students
WAREHOUSE MATERIALS CLERK (Former Employee), Fountain, COJuly 27, 2014
Pros: flexible hours for single parents & students
Cons: zero focus on retaining or rewarding talented employees
In the years I worked at Sanmina SCI, the plant manager there was really awesome. The company was very accommodating to students, single parents, or parents with military spouses overseas and allowing them to adjust their hours as needed.

While there, I pushed to cross train in every area of the warehouse. Shipping, receiving, inspection, purchasing – more... etc. and became the trainer for all new warehouse employees.

There was always one consistent in the 9+ years I was there though and that was most everyone was laid off just before they reached their 10 year anniversary when all the retirement & other benefits were supposed to kick in. Also, during each layoff the highest paid employees from each department were the first to go and not the employees with the lowest reviews every year. So, retaining the most talented employees was not their focus - just the cheapest labor.

I enjoyed the hours & the fact that I was trusted to work unsupervised all the years that I worked there. I was really disappointed when I was laid off. – less
hetic working enviroment
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2014
assemble accu-check blood sugar meters

I learned how to assemble products
Not bad
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: na
The company tends to be a little on the cheap side. Always fighting to get the tools needed to do the job correctly. Their entire focus was n the bottom line instead of the customer.
Over all not a bad place to work, and enjoyed my time there, but would love to find a company that offers an environment where people that work hard are rewarded for that – more... hard work. – less
Poor Facility Management
Expose Lead Person (Former Employee), owego nyJune 3, 2014
Cons: all
SANMINA has gone down hill....this company doesn't know which way they are going. They treat people like disposable razors...use them until no longer usable...toss them out!! it gets busy...bring them back...then again toss them out!!
Rean Northeast Design Center with 16 employees
Sr. Manager Design Services (Former Employee), Salem, NHMay 19, 2014
Pros: great opportunities in that large compnies liked to work with large companies.
Cons: lacked sales support from corporated sales as they were focused on manufacturing revenue.
Was responsible for sales, managing work load, training and operation with financials.
Worked with a great team of engineers
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMay 7, 2014
Pros: always new chalenges
Cons: non-technical senior managers runing a highly technical busines
Coordinates functional and ICT test operations for manufacturing
Design Test Interface Electronics
Develop Software for Functional test
Lack of leadership
Operator (Current Employee), Turtle Lake, WIApril 4, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: lack of leadership
Lack of leadership at plant and corporate levels, forced to take time off in order to make P&L look better
Challenging place with potential growth.
Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2014
In the PC board area your challenged with different situation everyday. I learned how to multitask and disseminate the work load. I also learned the importance of the team structure. I love to resolve numerous issues related to PC boards.
Good People
electronics technician debugging (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: lack of work and little advancement opportunities.
Upper middle management does not have their eye on the ball and things get chaotic at times. Upper management is blind to a lot of the issues.
productive
Production Operator (Former Employee), port glasgow industrial estFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: working as part of a team
Cons: 12 hr shifts
making sure product was finishedto a high spec and the all orders were completedon time.
Understaffed company
Program Manager (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Company runs on little support. Could use more people. Hoping they're moving in the right direction.
Wonderful people to work with.
AR Collector (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALJanuary 18, 2014
There are several wonderful people that work at Sanmina-SCI. I enjoyed being able to talk people all over the country and some in other countries.
Wonderful place but Unstable.
Quality Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unstable economics
Wonderful lower level employees. Overpaid micro-managing upper level employees.
Place to be multi tasked
Buyer Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 9, 2013
a typical day at work is productive learn production and office work

1 2 3 4 5

About Sanmina-SCI

Sanmina (formerly Sanmina-SCI) is a top contract manufacturer of sophisticated electronic components, including printed circuit – Read more