Sanjel Corporation Employee Reviews

Company sold
HP Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 2, 2016
company doesn't exist anymore it was a great company to work for and great experience working for them as a first
Typical work day was long i learned a lot of hard work ethic co-workers were awesome and the hardest part was the time away from family and most enjoyable was the pay
Pros
Money
Cons
Time away from family
Operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 4, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I have a lot of management experience in other fields and wanted to try the oil and gas industry. I can say right from the get go they were disorganized, from management down, inefficient, ineffective and wasted money all over the place because they had promoted people because of years of experience in the field rather than hiring or promoting the right person that could do the job. It does not surprise me that they are selling off parts of the company because it was only a matter of time with all of the deficiencies and the downturn that it was going to happen. I am very glad I got out when I did but there are a lot of people that will be finically destroyed because of this.
Cons
Work Life Balance
Left us all out to hang
Critical Well Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Left all remaining employees with nothing. Gave packages to earlier layoffs but nothing to those who stuck with them. We took pay cuts and bonus cuts and forced leave to help them, but the owner decided to take his brother in law's offer and make off with the profits.
Treated well while working at Sanjel, the only reason for moving onto another job was my desire to work oversaes for a season.
Shop Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, ABMarch 7, 2016
Working at Sanjel was most agreeable, training was always ongoing.
Management were good peoples and as well the same could be said of my fellows crew members. For myself, the crew I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Treated well
Cons
I really have no voice concerns
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 22, 2016
Awesome atmospher to work in, everyone ther was very friendly like having a seconed family. If not for not making enuff money I would still have been working there.
Productive and fun place to work at
Assistant research and development (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2015
Very friendly employees and helpful management. Opportunity of growth and self Improvement. many knowledgeable personal.. everyday includes new challenge and puzzle need to be solved.
...
I started as a Class 5 helper in the oilfield (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, ABNovember 13, 2015
I worked some very long hours but I was paid well with good benefits. I liked my co-workers but too reliant on oil prices to have much security.
work experience
Project Admin Process Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2015
my experience was not very pleasant, however the company proclaims their focus is on the employees not the clients but laid off over 2,000 people as soon as they discovered oil prices had plummeted
Working with Sanjel Corporatiohas been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment.
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great!
The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way.
Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
Sanjel was a company which prided itself on safe perfomance and i agree fully with this mission statement!
Operator 1 Transport/Frac (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 28, 2015
I enjoyed my tenure at Sanjel corporation for the time I was an employee. I was trained in all aspects that pertained to an operator required to transport and offload both NO 2 and various sand invoved in the frac process. I have all the necessary ticket required and safety classes that prepared me for life as a member of a diverse and growning field in the expansive oil patch industry.
Pros
Good general staff and co workers made the job enjoyable
Cons
Extended hours and uncertainty over the Next job
good place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  calgaryOctober 12, 2015
great place to work with good equipment
good people to work with
shop is clean and tidy
safe place to work
great facitlity
Very poor management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CanadaJuly 31, 2015
I worked for the company for 15 years and the current management from the president on down, is the weakest, poorest, unqualified since I started with the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor managers, poor organization
i am a hard worker willing to work overtime and under pressure and i like to motivate my co-worker to work safely..
Truck driver/ Bulker (Former Employee) –  brooks, albertaApril 14, 2015
when i work in sanjel i learn a lot about safety, and it change a lot on me, it is good practice if you always think and plan before you start your job.
Pros
i like to work a long term in a company..
Cons
willing to work under pressure and overtime..
Great workplace for entry-level jobs
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2015
I learned to administer multiple tasks on a day-to-day basis, therefore strengthening my organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
Pros
Free drinks and nice kitchen with big screen tv
Amazing Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Such an amazing place to work at. They treated you very well. Was very understanding. They are very family oriented company and i couldn't speak more highly of them. The management was amazing, always good and supportive. MY co-workers, i couldn't work with anyone better. Its a family when you go there. They are open to new ideas, and will always encourage training and growing.
One of the better companies to work for
Environmental health and safety (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 20, 2014
I had work for 2-3 companies previously but no place like sanjel before.

really good corporation...you received proper mentoring from your seniors, lots of growth within company, travelling opportunities for learning and attending conferences within Canada and US that are paid for...Really good pay and benefits!

I would recommend this company for others to work.
Pros
paid national and international conferences/ courses/ workshops etc
Cons
location is in se...could be a long drive to get there for people living at north side
Good place to work, nice people.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Red DeerOctober 22, 2012
I like working at Sanjel as an Engineer. The people are very friendly, theres almost no politics (at my level) and mostly people just want to make money and have a good time. As with all FE positions there is some ribbing from the field hands about being an engineer but at the end of the day everyones very decent.

The worst part of the job is occasionally being away from home and working long hours. The best part of the job is that if you are working hard you're being well paid for it.
Pros
money, people, happiness
Cons
travel
Very Disappointing!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2013
If I were looking for a new job I would not neccessarily take a job here. The company in my opinion shields and protects the wrong people and therefore there is very little room for advancement because they are not interested in really making the company better.
There is not good work life balance and you are Pigeonhole into a specfic roles.
I found the environment toxic, but the reason that I stayed so long is the other great employees who inittially believe Sanjel was a good company.
Pros
flex days / holidays
Cons
long hours/lack of advancement
Wonderful friendly place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2013
I was worried about my first office job, I have heard rumors of office politics, and cattiness. I found none at Sanjel. Everyone was welcoming and friendly, there was always something to do. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy during the last hour of work when all mail has been delivered, and expecting no couriers. The enjoyable part was bringing up mail and having everyone happy to say hello. I was not afraid to approach the President/ Vice President, they always had a smile or held a door for everyone else.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while
well structured
Operator Pump (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABJanuary 8, 2014
well structured ,organized ,equal opportunity employer ,with the latest equipment whose goal is to exceed in performance and training

16 hour days or night shift working with co-workers and managers
to supply exceptional performance to our customers.

You work with a wide variety of people from all backgrounds and form a unified team many of whom I regularly communicate with at present.

At times rigging in or out was the most difficult in minus temperatures
with frozen equipment and fingers.

A job well done by all with a true sense of doing the task that we were there to accomplish for whomever the customer was .
Pros
learning safe practices and rewarded for such performance .
Cons
working around the -25 to -35 was challenging at times .