Sanjel Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 22, 2016
Awesome atmospher to work in, everyone ther was very friendly like having a seconed family. If not for not making enuff money I would still have been working there.
Operator
Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 4, 2016
Cons: Work Life Balance
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I have a lot of management experience in other fields and wanted to try the oil and gas industry. I can say right from the get go they were disorganized, from management down, inefficient, ineffective and wasted money all over the place because they had promoted people because of years of experience in the field rather than hiring or promoting the right person that could do the job. It does not surprise me that they are selling off parts of the company because it was only a matter of time with all of the deficiencies and the downturn that it was going to happen. I am very glad I got out when I did but there are a lot of people that will be finically destroyed because of this.
Treated well while working at Sanjel, the only reason for moving onto another job was my desire to work oversaes for a season.
Shop Lead Hand (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, ABMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Treated well
Cons: I really have no voice concerns
Working at Sanjel was most agreeable, training was always ongoing.
Management were good peoples and as well the same could be said of my fellows crew members. For myself, the crew I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive and fun place to work at
Assistant research and development (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2015
Very friendly employees and helpful management. Opportunity of growth and self Improvement. many knowledgeable personal.. everyday includes new challenge and puzzle need to be solved.
...
I started as a Class 5 helper in the oilfield (Former Employee), Lac La Biche, ABNovember 13, 2015
I worked some very long hours but I was paid well with good benefits. I liked my co-workers but too reliant on oil prices to have much security.
good place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), calgaryOctober 12, 2015
great place to work with good equipment
good people to work with
shop is clean and tidy
safe place to work
great facitlity
work experience
Project Admin Process Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2015
my experience was not very pleasant, however the company proclaims their focus is on the employees not the clients but laid off over 2,000 people as soon as they discovered oil prices had plummeted
Very poor management
Coordinator (Former Employee), CanadaJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Poor managers, poor organization
I worked for the company for 15 years and the current management from the president on down, is the weakest, poorest, unqualified since I started with the company.
Great workplace for entry-level jobs
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Free drinks and nice kitchen with big screen tv
I learned to administer multiple tasks on a day-to-day basis, therefore strengthening my organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
Excellent place to work
Electronics Technician III (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, AlbertaApril 20, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Good Safety Record, Privately Owned
Excellent Management.
Good Safety People.
Privately Owned.
Good Benefits.
Awesome coworkers.
Loved working there right from day one.
i am a hard worker willing to work overtime and under pressure and i like to motivate my co-worker to work safely..
Truck driver/ Bulker (Former Employee), brooks, albertaApril 14, 2015
Pros: i like to work a long term in a company..
Cons: willing to work under pressure and overtime..
when i work in sanjel i learn a lot about safety, and it change a lot on me, it is good practice if you always think and plan before you start your job.
Working with Sanjel Corporatiohas been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment.
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great!
The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way.
Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
fun place to work with a good atmoshphere
Manual Machinist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2015
learned machining basics
people were great
enjoyable place to be
really enjoyed working with my hands
kept me thinking and practicing my skills
Sanjel was a company which prided itself on safe perfomance and i agree fully with this mission statement!
Operator 1 Transport/Frac (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Good general staff and co workers made the job enjoyable
Cons: Extended hours and uncertainty over the Next job
I enjoyed my tenure at Sanjel corporation for the time I was an employee. I was trained in all aspects that pertained to an operator required to transport and offload both NO 2 and various sand invoved in the frac process. I have all the necessary ticket required and safety classes that prepared me for life as a member of a diverse and growning field in the expansive oil patch industry.
Snavel is a private company
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 3, 2015
DBA tasks.

efficiency is normal.

stay office 9 hours.

remote working is not allow.

The hardest part of this job is communication mechanism.

I enjoy to create DBA Team SOP library. Streamline some procedures.
RUST the people they work for; Have PRIDE in what they do; and ENJOY the people they work with.
Technical Support Analyst Tier I-II (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: does not pay well
rust is the defining principle of great workplaces — created through management’s credibility, the respect with which employees feel they are treated, and the extent to which employees expect to be treated fairly. The degree of pride and levels of authentic connection and camaraderie employees feel with one are additional essential components.

CHIEVE ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVES;
With employees who GIVE THEIR PERSONAL BEST; and
WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM / FAMILY in an environment of TRUST
There are nine ways – or practice areas – where leaders and managers create an environment of trust. Great workplaces achieve organizational goals by inspiring, speaking and listening. They have employees who give their personal best by thanking, developing and caring. And they work together as a team / family by hiring, celebrating and sharing.
Amazing Company
Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Such an amazing place to work at. They treated you very well. Was very understanding. They are very family oriented company and i couldn't speak more highly of them. The management was amazing, always good and supportive. MY co-workers, i couldn't work with anyone better. Its a family when you go there. They are open to new ideas, and will always encourage training and growing.
Great people to work with
Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2014
Had great time accomplishing tasks assigned by Lead Business Analyst and projects worked together in achieving goals. I have great respect for this company as it valued its employees and had practices in places.
Teaching and Logbook auditing
Log Auditor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 10, 2014
Teaching Hours of Service and Fatigue Management
Review and audit logbooks
Training staff was great to work with
One of the better companies to work for
Environmental health and safety (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 20, 2014
Pros: paid national and international conferences/ courses/ workshops etc
Cons: location is in se...could be a long drive to get there for people living at north side
I had work for 2-3 companies previously but no place like sanjel before.

really good corporation...you received proper mentoring from your seniors, lots of growth within company, travelling opportunities for learning and attending conferences within Canada and US that are paid for...Really good pay and benefits!

I would recommend this company for others to work.