Sanjel Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

Operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 4, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I have a lot of management experience in other fields and wanted to try the oil and gas industry. I can say right from the get go they were disorganized, from management down, inefficient, ineffective and wasted money all over the place because they had promoted people because of years of experience in the field rather than hiring or promoting the right person that could do the job. It does not surprise me that they are selling off parts of the company because it was only a matter of time with all of the deficiencies and the downturn that it was going to happen. I am very glad I got out when I did but there are a lot of people that will be finically destroyed because of this.
Cons
Work Life Balance
...
I started as a Class 5 helper in the oilfield (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, ABNovember 13, 2015
I worked some very long hours but I was paid well with good benefits. I liked my co-workers but too reliant on oil prices to have much security.
Working with Sanjel Corporatiohas been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment.
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 8, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great!
The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way.
Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
Treated well while working at Sanjel, the only reason for moving onto another job was my desire to work oversaes for a season.
Shop Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, ABMarch 7, 2016
Working at Sanjel was most agreeable, training was always ongoing.
Management were good peoples and as well the same could be said of my fellows crew members. For myself, the crew I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Treated well
Cons
I really have no voice concerns
Company sold
HP Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 2, 2016
company doesn't exist anymore it was a great company to work for and great experience working for them as a first
Typical work day was long i learned a lot of hard work ethic co-workers were awesome and the hardest part was the time away from family and most enjoyable was the pay
Pros
Money
Cons
Time away from family
Very poor management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CanadaJuly 31, 2015
I worked for the company for 15 years and the current management from the president on down, is the weakest, poorest, unqualified since I started with the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor managers, poor organization
Left us all out to hang
Critical Well Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Left all remaining employees with nothing. Gave packages to earlier layoffs but nothing to those who stuck with them. We took pay cuts and bonus cuts and forced leave to help them, but the owner decided to take his brother in law's offer and make off with the profits.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 22, 2016
Awesome atmospher to work in, everyone ther was very friendly like having a seconed family. If not for not making enuff money I would still have been working there.
Excellent place to work
Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AlbertaApril 20, 2015
Excellent Management.
Good Safety People.
Privately Owned.
Good Benefits.
Awesome coworkers.
Loved working there right from day one.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Safety Record, Privately Owned
One of the better companies to work for
Environmental health and safety (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 20, 2014
I had work for 2-3 companies previously but no place like sanjel before.

really good corporation...you received proper mentoring from your seniors, lots of growth within company, travelling opportunities for learning and attending conferences within Canada and US that are paid for...Really good pay and benefits!

I would recommend this company for others to work.
Pros
paid national and international conferences/ courses/ workshops etc
Cons
location is in se...could be a long drive to get there for people living at north side
Productive and fun place to work at
Assistant research and development (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2015
Very friendly employees and helpful management. Opportunity of growth and self Improvement. many knowledgeable personal.. everyday includes new challenge and puzzle need to be solved.
Fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  AlbertaDecember 15, 2013
Sanjel is a great place to work. Everyone is easy going and easy to get along with. You never feel like an outsider. Management and coworkers are like your family. Which is good because you do spend a lot of time at work.
Pros
happy place to work and everyone is there to help you
Cons
salary
Very Disappointing!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2013
If I were looking for a new job I would not neccessarily take a job here. The company in my opinion shields and protects the wrong people and therefore there is very little room for advancement because they are not interested in really making the company better.
There is not good work life balance and you are Pigeonhole into a specfic roles.
I found the environment toxic, but the reason that I stayed so long is the other great employees who inittially believe Sanjel was a good company.
Pros
flex days / holidays
Cons
long hours/lack of advancement
work experience
Project Admin Process Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2015
my experience was not very pleasant, however the company proclaims their focus is on the employees not the clients but laid off over 2,000 people as soon as they discovered oil prices had plummeted
good place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  calgaryOctober 12, 2015
great place to work with good equipment
good people to work with
shop is clean and tidy
safe place to work
great facitlity
RUST the people they work for; Have PRIDE in what they do; and ENJOY the people they work with.
Technical Support Analyst Tier I-II (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaJanuary 21, 2015
rust is the defining principle of great workplaces — created through management’s credibility, the respect with which employees feel they are treated, and the extent to which employees expect to be treated fairly. The degree of pride and levels of authentic connection and camaraderie employees feel with one are additional essential components.

CHIEVE ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVES;
With employees who GIVE THEIR PERSONAL BEST; and
WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM / FAMILY in an environment of TRUST
There are nine ways – or practice areas – where leaders and managers create an environment of trust. Great workplaces achieve organizational goals by inspiring, speaking and listening. They have employees who give their personal best by thanking, developing and caring. And they work together as a team / family by hiring, celebrating and sharing.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
does not pay well
Good place to work, nice people.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Red DeerOctober 22, 2012
I like working at Sanjel as an Engineer. The people are very friendly, theres almost no politics (at my level) and mostly people just want to make money and have a good time. As with all FE positions there is some ribbing from the field hands about being an engineer but at the end of the day everyones very decent.

The worst part of the job is occasionally being away from home and working long hours. The best part of the job is that if you are working hard you're being well paid for it.
Pros
money, people, happiness
Cons
travel
Sanjel was a company which prided itself on safe perfomance and i agree fully with this mission statement!
Operator 1 Transport/Frac (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 28, 2015
I enjoyed my tenure at Sanjel corporation for the time I was an employee. I was trained in all aspects that pertained to an operator required to transport and offload both NO 2 and various sand invoved in the frac process. I have all the necessary ticket required and safety classes that prepared me for life as a member of a diverse and growning field in the expansive oil patch industry.
Pros
Good general staff and co workers made the job enjoyable
Cons
Extended hours and uncertainty over the Next job
Busy environment for most of the year, laid back and enjoyable.
District Administrator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 19, 2012
My job was mainly to conduct new hire orientations. I would hire anywhere between six and twelve people/week. It was very interesting as there was always new personalities coming and going. I also did all workflows for terminations, change of status, leave of absense and return from leave. I processed all paperwork for benefits and RRSP's that would be done at district level. To do my job, I had to be able to do every other District Administrator's job so that I could cover. I was responsible for making sure everyone was cross trained. My second most important job was to make sure all job bonuses were paid. When new job bonus schedules came out I was responsible to proof read them and make sure that there were no mistakes and then test them. I was responsible for answering all questions from all the Canadian districts DA`s regarding the bonus schedule. Whenever a new DA was hired, I would travel and train them.
My boss does not live here, so there was nobody at district level to go to - any issues where handled over the phone. We worked very well together, and I enjoyed working for her. There is no authority figure at district level. I received many phone calls on my off time with questions and spent alot of evenings on the phone with my boss. That was probably the hardest part of my job as I never really felt that I was off the clock, but I wasn`t compensated for it either. The most enjoyable part of my job was paying job bonuses. It is a very busy position with tight deadlines, but I loved it.
There were three coworkers that I trained and we all got along very well. We were
  more... friends as well as coworkers. It was very difficult for me as they all saw me as their supervisor and would come to me with issues, but I wasn`t a supervisor. Head office would not make that clear, so my authority was very blurred.
I will miss my job there, but I feel it is time to move on.
Pros
we had one flex day per quarter, we enjoyed corporate days off, we closed at noon on all long weekends.
Cons
i had a huge amount of responisibility, i don`t feel that i was compensated for it, i was never off the clock, i was expected to stay late.
Great workplace for entry-level jobs
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2015
I learned to administer multiple tasks on a day-to-day basis, therefore strengthening my organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
Pros
Free drinks and nice kitchen with big screen tv