Sanjel Corporation Employee Reviews

production
Lead- Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
good company and working environment. equipment and tools were supplied for working unit.Training worker if needed. managers were very supporting to workers.
A great company to work for in my 'early 20s'
Contract Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Sanjel was a great company to work for in my early 20s. I gained valuable accounting experience that I was able to use in my future jobs. The company also paid for education.
Good employer
Bulker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK7 November 2016
You are on call 24 hours a day when on shift. You were compensated for this however. Good company to work for but industry is tied to oil field so when economy drops you could be subject to layoff.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Good Compensation
Cons
Employment subject to market conditions
Company sold
HP Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 July 2016
company doesn't exist anymore it was a great company to work for and great experience working for them as a first
Typical work day was long i learned a lot of hard work ethic co-workers were awesome and the hardest part was the time away from family and most enjoyable was the pay
Pros
Money
Cons
Time away from family
Left us all out to hang
Critical Well Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2016
Left all remaining employees with nothing. Gave packages to earlier layoffs but nothing to those who stuck with them. We took pay cuts and bonus cuts and forced leave to help them, but the owner decided to take his brother in law's offer and make off with the profits.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 April 2016
Awesome atmospher to work in, everyone ther was very friendly like having a seconed family. If not for not making enuff money I would still have been working there.
Operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 April 2016
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I have a lot of management experience in other fields and wanted to try the oil and gas industry. I can say right from the get go they were disorganized, from management down, inefficient, ineffective and wasted money all over the place because they had promoted people because of years of experience in the field rather than hiring or promoting the right person that could do the job. It does not surprise me that they are selling off parts of the company because it was only a matter of time with all of the deficiencies and the downturn that it was going to happen. I am very glad I got out when I did but there are a lot of people that will be finically destroyed because of this.
Cons
Work Life Balance
Treated well while working at Sanjel, the only reason for moving onto another job was my desire to work oversaes for a season.
Shop Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, AB7 March 2016
Working at Sanjel was most agreeable, training was always ongoing.
Management were good peoples and as well the same could be said of my fellows crew members. For myself, the crew I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Treated well
Cons
I really have no voice concerns
Productive and fun place to work at
Assistant research and development (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2015
Very friendly employees and helpful management. Opportunity of growth and self Improvement. many knowledgeable personal.. everyday includes new challenge and puzzle need to be solved.
...
I started as a Class 5 helper in the oilfield (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB13 November 2015
I worked some very long hours but I was paid well with good benefits. I liked my co-workers but too reliant on oil prices to have much security.
good place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  calgary12 October 2015
great place to work with good equipment
good people to work with
shop is clean and tidy
safe place to work
great facitlity
work experience
Project Admin Process Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2015
my experience was not very pleasant, however the company proclaims their focus is on the employees not the clients but laid off over 2,000 people as soon as they discovered oil prices had plummeted
Very poor management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canada31 July 2015
I worked for the company for 15 years and the current management from the president on down, is the weakest, poorest, unqualified since I started with the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor managers, poor organization
Great workplace for entry-level jobs
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2015
I learned to administer multiple tasks on a day-to-day basis, therefore strengthening my organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
Pros
Free drinks and nice kitchen with big screen tv
Excellent place to work
Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, Alberta20 April 2015
Excellent Management.
Good Safety People.
Privately Owned.
Good Benefits.
Awesome coworkers.
Loved working there right from day one.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Safety Record, Privately Owned
i am a hard worker willing to work overtime and under pressure and i like to motivate my co-worker to work safely..
Truck driver/ Bulker (Former Employee) –  brooks, alberta14 April 2015
when i work in sanjel i learn a lot about safety, and it change a lot on me, it is good practice if you always think and plan before you start your job.
Pros
i like to work a long term in a company..
Cons
willing to work under pressure and overtime..
Working with Sanjel Corporatiohas been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment.
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great!
The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way.
Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
fun place to work with a good atmoshphere
Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2015
learned machining basics
people were great
enjoyable place to be
really enjoyed working with my hands
kept me thinking and practicing my skills
Sanjel was a company which prided itself on safe perfomance and i agree fully with this mission statement!
Operator 1 Transport/Frac (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 March 2015
I enjoyed my tenure at Sanjel corporation for the time I was an employee. I was trained in all aspects that pertained to an operator required to transport and offload both NO 2 and various sand invoved in the frac process. I have all the necessary ticket required and safety classes that prepared me for life as a member of a diverse and growning field in the expansive oil patch industry.
Pros
Good general staff and co workers made the job enjoyable
Cons
Extended hours and uncertainty over the Next job
Snavel is a private company
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  calgary3 February 2015
DBA tasks.

efficiency is normal.

stay office 9 hours.

remote working is not allow.

The hardest part of this job is communication mechanism.

I enjoy to create DBA Team SOP library. Streamline some procedures.