Sanjel Corporation

Teaching and Logbook auditing
Log Auditor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 10, 2014
Teaching Hours of Service and Fatigue Management
Review and audit logbooks
Training staff was great to work with
One of the better companies to work for
Environmental health and safety (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 20, 2014
Pros: paid national and international conferences/ courses/ workshops etc
Cons: location is in se...could be a long drive to get there for people living at north side
I had work for 2-3 companies previously but no place like sanjel before.

really good corporation...you received proper mentoring from your seniors, lots of growth within company, travelling opportunities for learning and attending conferences within Canada and US that are paid for...Really good pay and benefits!

I would recommend this company for – more... others to work. – less
Fabulous
District Administrator/Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2014
Great company to work for all around! Great management, awesome culture :)
Nice People
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Calgary ABAugust 20, 2014
Typical day is 8 to 5, performing regular AP duties
Learned Microsoft Dynamics advantages
Management is the best
Co-workers are very nice peaple and very hard working
The hardest part - when you can not process the payment because of the PO issue but vendor is relying on you
The best part when you can actually help vendors and they are getting their – more... money – less
Professional work environment
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 13, 2014
My days at Sanjel so far are very pleasant. I like the diverse work environment and at the same time, professional and well cultured
well structured
Operator Pump (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: learning safe practices and rewarded for such performance .
Cons: working around the -25 to -35 was challenging at times .
well structured ,organized ,equal opportunity employer ,with the latest equipment whose goal is to exceed in performance and training

16 hour days or night shift working with co-workers and managers
to supply exceptional performance to our customers.

You work with a wide variety of people from all backgrounds and form a unified team many of whom I – more... regularly communicate with at present.

At times rigging in or out was the most difficult in minus temperatures
with frozen equipment and fingers.

A job well done by all with a true sense of doing the task that we were there to accomplish for whomever the customer was . – less
Fun place to work
Employee (Current Employee), AlbertaDecember 15, 2013
Pros: happy place to work and everyone is there to help you
Cons: salary
Sanjel is a great place to work. Everyone is easy going and easy to get along with. You never feel like an outsider. Management and coworkers are like your family. Which is good because you do spend a lot of time at work.
Productive, fun environment
SAP FICO Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 17, 2013
productiojn and fun workplace to work in
Friendly environment
enjoyable working day
Wonderful friendly place to work
Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch once in a while
I was worried about my first office job, I have heard rumors of office politics, and cattiness. I found none at Sanjel. Everyone was welcoming and friendly, there was always something to do. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy during the last hour of work when all mail has been delivered, and expecting no couriers. The enjoyable part – more... was bringing up mail and having everyone happy to say hello. I was not afraid to approach the President/ Vice President, they always had a smile or held a door for everyone else. – less

July 12, 2013

I found it a very dishonest environment to work in . No ethics, no manner ... doesn't matter how hard you work , some employees are manager's favourite and get the full support . A very unfair place to work .

No Job secutiry
Client Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2013
Cons: long hours
No Job secutiry
Long day at work
No training

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very Disappointing!
Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: flex days / holidays
Cons: long hours/lack of advancement
If I were looking for a new job I would not neccessarily take a job here. The company in my opinion shields and protects the wrong people and therefore there is very little room for advancement because they are not interested in really making the company better.
There is not good work life balance and you are Pigeonhole into a specfic roles.
I found – more... the environment toxic, but the reason that I stayed so long is the other great employees who inittially believe Sanjel was a good company. – less
Good place to work, nice people.
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Red DeerOctober 22, 2012
Pros: money, people, happiness
Cons: travel
I like working at Sanjel as an Engineer. The people are very friendly, theres almost no politics (at my level) and mostly people just want to make money and have a good time. As with all FE positions there is some ribbing from the field hands about being an engineer but at the end of the day everyones very decent.

The worst part of the job is occasionally – more... being away from home and working long hours. The best part of the job is that if you are working hard you're being well paid for it. – less

July 16, 2013

i don't agree. There is no work culture, management just talks, too much politics. Good people are working quietly and horrible people just talk, gossip and chat. At the end the cheaters stay.

Long Hours
Clairmont, Coiled Tubing Operator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: time away from home
The guys are good. Management is overwhelmed. Stability is current concern for many.
It was not a pleasant experience over all
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 28, 2012
very weak management and almost no training was provided training,
there is no career advancement programs.
Busy environment for most of the year, laid back and enjoyable.
District Administrator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 19, 2012
Pros: we had one flex day per quarter, we enjoyed corporate days off, we closed at noon on all long weekends.
Cons: i had a huge amount of responisibility, i don`t feel that i was compensated for it, i was never off the clock, i was expected to stay late.
My job was mainly to conduct new hire orientations. I would hire anywhere between six and twelve people/week. It was very interesting as there was always new personalities coming and going. I also did all workflows for terminations, change of status, leave of absense and return from leave. I processed all paperwork for benefits and RRSP's that would – more... be done at district level. To do my job, I had to be able to do every other District Administrator's job so that I could cover. I was responsible for making sure everyone was cross trained. My second most important job was to make sure all job bonuses were paid. When new job bonus schedules came out I was responsible to proof read them and make sure that there were no mistakes and then test them. I was responsible for answering all questions from all the Canadian districts DA`s regarding the bonus schedule. Whenever a new DA was hired, I would travel and train them.
My boss does not live here, so there was nobody at district level to go to - any issues where handled over the phone. We worked very well together, and I enjoyed working for her. There is no authority figure at district level. I received many phone calls on my off time with questions and spent alot of evenings on the phone with my boss. That was probably the hardest part of my job as I never really felt that I was off the clock, but I wasn`t compensated for it either. The most enjoyable part of my job was paying job bonuses. It is a very busy position with tight deadlines, but I loved it.
There were three coworkers that I trained and we all got along very well. We were friends as well as coworkers. It was very difficult for me as they all saw me as their supervisor and would come to me with issues, but I wasn`t a supervisor. Head office would not make that clear, so my authority was very blurred.
I will miss my job there, but I feel it is time to move on. – less
Fantastic
Business Consultant/Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), DenverNovember 8, 2014
Pros: everything
The people are fabulous, the work is interesting and the days can be long, but that is the nature of the business.
Good
Travel Coordinator & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 16, 2014
Good colleagues but the management was not so good.
Enjoyed working as a beginner in the industry.
Corupt International company that values profits over human life.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CoMay 11, 2013
Pros: good medical benifits and holiday pay.
Cons: too many to list.
As a former manager of this operational company based in the United States (Denver). I would strongly urge all employment seekers to complete a back ground check on this company. Sanjel is in the Energy Services and has a record of employee fatalities. Sanjel has a vast network of fiscal resources that has an influence at all political levels. What – more... money can not buy to overlook many violations, they have a legal department to strong arm any and all who stand up to unlawful practice. Many former employees have suffered disabilities due to there negligence. I would strongly urge all to value a simple phrase, "Loose your paycheck or loose your life." – less
productive ,fast passed , intriging
Diesel Mechanic/ Field Mechanic (Former Employee), Miles City, MTJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: to much micro managment
long work days ,lots of travel ,great co-workers . great vacation and days off ,learned lots of oilfield safety
great company
Laboratory QC Technician (Former Employee), grande praririeSeptember 22, 2012
great experience, excellent management style and life work balance