Sanjel Corporation is a privately owned, Canadian-based, international oilfield service company with over three decades of industry experience. As a major competitor in the global oil and gas market, Sanjel delivers two product offerings: pressure pumping and completions – each with our own broad range of specialized products and custom-designed and manufactured equipment. Driven by pride and recognized for performance, Sanjel transforms our industry-leading technology into customized solutions and superior job execution.
Sanjel is proud to offer an employee development program that utilizes leading-edge, career growth tools; including career planning and skill development. These employee development programs promote and assist with individual career advancement.
As a member of the Corporate Technology group, the Advisor–Analytical Applications & Implementation, reporting to the Manager–Corporate Applications & Implementation, is accountable for guiding the strategic direction of Technology at Sanjel as it pertains to analytical chemistry, and facilitating effective communication and implementation of associated initiatives. Further accountabilities include the fostering and facilitation of collaborations with groups both internal and external to Sanjel, but with a specific focus on building strategic relationships within government, industry and academia.
- Actively participates in and leads the Sanjel and Corporate Technology safety programs respectively; abides by, promotes and enforces safe work practices, policies, guidelines, and regulations; contributes to and facilitates continuous improvement initiatives
- Leads Technology projects of large scale and significant complexity, requiring collaboration and coordination between multiple Business Units, departments and/or external agencies, adhering to all policies, processes and procedures
- Establishes and maintains relationships with groups both internal and external to Sanjel, ensuring an extensive network of expertise and influence upon which Sanjel may draw and utilize as required
- Champions field trial and commercialization processes for new technologies, providing direct leadership and coordination of resources and plans at all stages
- Provides guidance regarding the strategic direction of Technology at Sanjel as it pertains to analytical chemistry, drawing on extensive experience and knowledge, as well as relevant and current insight gained from established networks and coaches and mentors individuals within Sanjel on a variety of topics
- Defines and maintains budget for Technology project, group and/or department, including both capital and operating expenditures
- 15 – 20 years of laboratory experience directly relevant to analytical chemistry
- Diploma or degree in the science field including B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., or equivalent qualification in Chemistry or a closely-related discipline
- Ability to provide effective training, coaching and mentoring specific to analytical chemistry through a variety of mediums
- Exceptional technical writing and presentation skills, with experience authoring published papers and successfully addressing internal and external audiences alike
- Corporately recognized expert in terms of skills and knowledge specific to analytical chemistry, including but not limited to experimental design, chemometrics, and methods such as x-ray diffraction, nuclear magnetic resonance, inductively coupled plasma, ion chromatography, and infrared spectroscopy
Sanjel offers individuals a dynamic work environment. The driving force behind our organization is the sincere commitment to our people, and their focus on exceeding customers' expectations.
Sanjel Corporation is a privately owned, Canadian-based, international oilfield service company with over three decades of industry...