Sanimax

Sanimax Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pioneering organization in the Reclaim, Renew, Return industry throughout the Great Lakes Region and Quebec
Current Employee (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 25, 2015
We reclaim! Each day, our Transportation and Logistics team travels more than 40,000 kilometers to service our customers from the agri-food industry and collect by-products. Each year, Sanimax reclaims and brings to its various plants nearly 2 billion kilograms of by-products that would otherwise be sent to landfills.

We renew! In Sanimax’s highly specialized plants, by-products from the agri-food industry such as meat by-products, used cooking oil and grease, hides and organic material, are renewed and transformed into high quality products.

We return! Products renewed by Sanimax are returned on the market to its many customers who used them to manufacture numerous household products: animal feed, pet food, soaps, leather, esters, lubricants, cutting oils, paint, rubber, tires, shampoos, cosmetics, perfumes, cleansing creams, medicines, inks, adhesives, solvents, antifreeze, fertilizers, biofuels, and more.
Producer of food that causes Mad Cow Disease
Educated tech (Former Employee), Toronto OnFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free death
Cons: free sickness
I do not understand how this company can operate when the are the very destroyer of animal life.

They admit on the website that they introduce blood and animal waste back into the food chain by putting it into pet food.

Companies did this with animal feed for cows and this was proven to be a contributing factor of Mad Cow Disease.

This company should be charged with treason to the human race!
Quite possibly the worst job out there
production operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: none really
Cons: hazardous and unhealthy work environment, poor management
APC Nutrition, a division of Sanimax, is one of the worst places I have ever worked at. The company processes raw pork and bovine blood into dried feed. Much of the finished product is hazardous to your health, as many of the samples contain salmonella. It is very dusty, and the dried blood powder will cause you to contract a cough, even with the use of a respirator mask. There are also very strong and vile odours that flow through the entire plant. Also, none of this was mentioned to me at the interview, nor was I warned of any of the health risks associated with this job.

I strongly advise against working in this facility. Management is poor, there are long 12 hour rotating shifts, and it is very toxic work environment.
Dynamic and creative team
Network Administration and support (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2014
Seeking a new challenge: System Analyst, IT Technical Support, Systems and Network Administrator.
Excellent team worker, detail-oriented, methodical and versatile, with interdisciplinary knowledge and ability to learn quickly. Responsible and able to execute projects on schedule. Eager to perfect technical knowledge and enhance system administration skills. Fluent in English, French, Bulgarian and Russian.
Défis exceptionnels
Contrôleur corporatif (Former Employee), MontréalJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: horaires flexibles
Cons: sens de direction nébuleux
L'entreprise est en développement et permet aux individus de travailler à de nombreux projets. Les employés ne doivent pas compter les heures pour arriver à compléter leurs projets.

Le management travaille en vase clos et ne permet pas de bien communiquer les objectifs.

Il est agréable de pouvoir définir ses propres priorités, mais la corde peut parfois être courte.
Employees