Sanimax Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
I would reccomend people to work here
Customer Service Lead/Transportation Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 25, 2015
I performed many different duties during my time at Sanimax, Being that it was a smaller company they always found room to keep me by putting me into different rolls. I always felt like a real part of the team there. I excelled at customer service and dispatch duties. The toughest part of my job was learning that I could not always please everyone but for the most part that was rare. I enjoyed my well rounded knowledge of the business working at Sanimax
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not a clean work environment
poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 16, 2015
I was the best at my position and was replaced by two drivers in two boom truck. Treated very unfairly there by the mindless managing. Did pay well until they laid me off and hired me back as a temp and had to take a pay cut
Pioneering organization in the Reclaim, Renew, Return industry throughout the Great Lakes Region and Quebec
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 25, 2015
We reclaim! Each day, our Transportation and Logistics team travels more than 40,000 kilometers to service our customers from the agri-food industry and collect by-products. Each year, Sanimax reclaims and brings to its various plants nearly 2 billion kilograms of by-products that would otherwise be sent to landfills.

We renew! In Sanimax’s highly specialized plants, by-products from the agri-food industry such as meat by-products, used cooking oil and grease, hides and organic material, are renewed and transformed into high quality products.

We return! Products renewed by Sanimax are returned on the market to its many customers who used them to manufacture numerous household products: animal feed, pet food, soaps, leather, esters, lubricants, cutting oils, paint, rubber, tires, shampoos, cosmetics, perfumes, cleansing creams, medicines, inks, adhesives, solvents, antifreeze, fertilizers, biofuels, and more.
Producer of food that causes Mad Cow Disease
Educated tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto OnFebruary 9, 2015
I do not understand how this company can operate when the are the very destroyer of animal life.

They admit on the website that they introduce blood and animal waste back into the food chain by putting it into pet food.

Companies did this with animal feed for cows and this was proven to be a contributing factor of Mad Cow Disease.

This company should be charged with treason to the human race!
Pros
free death
Cons
free sickness
Quite possibly the worst job out there
production operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
APC Nutrition, a division of Sanimax, is one of the worst places I have ever worked at. The company processes raw pork and bovine blood into dried feed. Much of the finished product is hazardous to your health, as many of the samples contain salmonella. It is very dusty, and the dried blood powder will cause you to contract a cough, even with the use of a respirator mask. There are also very strong and vile odours that flow through the entire plant. Also, none of this was mentioned to me at the interview, nor was I warned of any of the health risks associated with this job.

I strongly advise against working in this facility. Management is poor, there are long 12 hour rotating shifts, and it is very toxic work environment.
Pros
none really
Cons
hazardous and unhealthy work environment, poor management
Dynamic and creative team
Network Administration and support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2014
Seeking a new challenge: System Analyst, IT Technical Support, Systems and Network Administrator.
Excellent team worker, detail-oriented, methodical and versatile, with interdisciplinary knowledge and ability to learn quickly. Responsible and able to execute projects on schedule. Eager to perfect technical knowledge and enhance system administration skills. Fluent in English, French, Bulgarian and Russian.
Défis exceptionnels
Contrôleur corporatif (Former Employee) –  MontréalJanuary 30, 2015
L'entreprise est en développement et permet aux individus de travailler à de nombreux projets. Les employés ne doivent pas compter les heures pour arriver à compléter leurs projets.

Le management travaille en vase clos et ne permet pas de bien communiquer les objectifs.

Il est agréable de pouvoir définir ses propres priorités, mais la corde peut parfois être courte.
Pros
horaires flexibles
Cons
sens de direction nébuleux