Internal/External Employment Opportunity
Finance Officer (Payroll)
Status: Permanent, 1.0 FTE Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary Scale: $41,832 - $50,065 annualized salary plus benefits
Start Date: June 17, 2013
The Finance Officer (PR) is responsible for the administration of payroll and payroll-related benefits. He/she is also responsible for providing back-up services for all functions of the Finance department including Accounts Payable and Receivable, and support to the Director of Finance as required.
Education and Experience and Skills:
Requirements for this position include:
Education and Language
- Canadian Payroll Association - Payroll Compliance Practitioner (mandatory); Certified Payroll Manager or enrolment in this program
- Three year post-secondary education in business or accounting, or equivalent experience
- Under the Centre’s designation to provide French Language Services, this position is not designated.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- A minimum of two years’ experience in payroll and benefits and financial management
- Experience working with a charitable, not-for-profit organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong background in payroll software and financial management systems as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Accpac Payroll and GL is beneficial.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a significant degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with accounting procedures and some knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on several projects concurrently
- Ability to take direction in a team-environment
- Ability to be resourceful
The Finance Officer (PR) reports directly to the Director of Finance.
Conditions of Employment:
Hours of work will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate to ensure a healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the Centre’s hours of operation and program requirements and may include some evenings.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a criminal reference check and linguistic profile to the satisfaction of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre.
How to Apply:
Please submit curriculum vitae and covering letter no later than May 13, 2013 at 4:00pm, quoting #13-11 INT/EXT, to Human Resources, 221 Nelson St., Ottawa ON K1N 1C7, by e-mail or by fax (613) 789-7962. No phone calls please.
POSTING DATE: May 3, 2013
CLOSING DATE: May 13, 2013, 4:00 p.m.