Sandvik Employee Reviews

work
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Snap Lake, NT22 April 2016
it is not bad place to work with the right people other then that ugh its a pain in the you know what busy busy working underground
Not living up to their potential
Country Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2015
Sandvik is currently experiencing a downturn, changes in executive management and has been under multiple change initiatives for the past four years. If these changes ever stop and the company can achieve some traction again, Sandvik can regain their past excellence. If not, I anticipate many years of instability.
Pros
Free coffee, gym on site
Cons
Change environment and inconsistency in management
A relax place to work with minimum stress
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC10 November 2015
There are a group of nice people to work with at Sandvik, Flexible hours is somthing I really enjoyed.
Most of the decesions come from upper manahement team in Europe so you don't have direct access with them which is not your desired outcome sometimes.
Good company of international repute. Local management lacks direction.
, Process Metallurgy, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Arnprior,Canada29 April 2015
Day to day firefighting for issues in plant.
Learnt about new stainless steel grades processing.
Lacks experience to run an international company ,no plans for technological growth and leadership.
Excellent people with lots of experience.
Trying to do new product development on the fly.
Full freedom in decision making as i was one of the experienced engineer.
Pros
Company of international repute
Cons
Average paymasters
Safe and productive shop that allowed you to use your imagination in the assembly process.
Senior Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 February 2015
The assembly of the machines usually took 2-3 weeks depending on the model. We would work in teams of 1-3 mechanics and take turns at different tasks in the assembly process. We would use detailed blueprints to determine assembly of drive trains, hydraulics, electrical and body parts. On-time delivery was of utmost importance so we would coordinate our time to each job as efficiently as possible and keep the highest quality of workmanship. We would receive yearly performance reviews and bonuses if we met the delivery targets set out by management. I worked with many dedicated and smart co-workers who were always willing to help each other. The hardest part of the job was when lay-offs would happen because of the commodity cycle in mining. The most enjoyable part of the job was the continuous learning as new models of machines and technology were ever changing.
Pros
Great atmosphere with yearly pay raises and bonuses.
Cons
Company ended up closing.
productive and fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON4 September 2014
Was very hard but rewarding work. I was laid off from this position and when called back to work I had already gained other employment.
Pros
three days on and three days off
Cons
Enjoyed it for as long as it lasted
MANUAL MACHINIST (Lead Hand/ Area Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON23 August 2014
I enjoyed working for Sandvik, it was a well run shop. A bit heavy in redundancy in Administration at times, it was still pretty good. Working with the crew in the Manual Shop, we were a close knit bunch, and I enjoyed teaching the new apprentices the trade.
Pros
Odd free lunches etc.
Cons
They left North Bay
A positive work experience
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON30 April 2014
Worked closely with Distributors/Resellers/End Users to maintain inventory and stocking levels of exploration tooling and rig parts
Followed through with all paperwork from receipt of purchase order to final invoice for all capital equipment sales of Exploration Core Rigs
Warranty administrator for Canada/USA for Sandvik Exploration tooling and equipment
Designated as a Regional Purchasing Agent for Sandvik Exploration region USC
Sandvik Burlington was a good place to work.
Manufacturing Engineer / Technologist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 April 2014
Sandvik Burlington was a good place to work because of great people that worked there
Appeared better than reality
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta & Saskatchewan12 March 2014
I believed this to be great company to work for, but in the end their expectations were unrealistic and I was forced to leave. Too much travel. No training or time to adapt to the culture.
Pros
car.computer, phone, expense account
Cons
travel, no training, no time to adapt
Very productive and rewarding.
Mechanical Engineering Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON28 February 2014
Highly rewarding experience. This company teaches a very broad range of skills including communication, management, mechanics, blueprint reading, AutoCAD, Solidworks, time management, and work ethic.
good people, poor management
Shop manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CA15 August 2013
Sandvik is a global company, but is locally manage, with mix review from region to region. Mine was USC (US & Canada). I have notice that the management was far more interested in their own car allowance and retirement plan than the company development.
I have met extraordinary peoples at Sandvik, but I have also notice a heavy staff turning over.
However, ethic, marketing material, and engineering from Swedish head office is state of the art .
Pros
vacation, flexible hour, safety
Cons
managnent far more interested in theirs own retirement plan than company development
Highly focused on improvement
Production Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland16 April 2013
Hard working
Improvement focused
Competitive salaries
Good location
Great skill sets
Pros
strong company
Cons
nothing
Good people, good ethics!!
Regional Manager for Ontario (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2013
Great company to work for, forward thinking, good managment until they were bought out by a large US company and then..... well you can guess what happened then.....
Productive and Relaxed Workplace
Operational Buyer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 March 2013
The day starts with checking for any urgent requests, emails, orders etc and dealing with those. Create purchase orders, follow up on previous orders, expedite, price new and existing items. Running reports to analyse lead times and forecasts. Look into receiving issues, accounting issues and any issues that may arise throughout the day. Contacting suppliers for emergency orders and arranging special shipping.
The management is good, we are not overly supervised if an issue arises that requires assistance they are there to help.
Co-workers are fantastic and we all work together to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is the systems we use are not connected enough for such a global company information does not flow easily.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ever changing aspects.
Pros
flexability
Cons
system
Tough company to work for as an engineer.
Project and Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON11 January 2013
I worked for good engineering managers, three in less than four years! The company's insistence on product output over quality of work-life is its greatest detriment, stressing both equipment and workers.

We in the engineering and maintenance area successfully managed several large installations and upgrades, and kept the plant working well. Very satisfying from a a design and engineering perspective, less so as a place to work and thrive.
Pros
projects completed.
Cons
company values.
Nice place to work on the lake
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Lively, ON26 September 2012
Manager was very pleasant to work for. Also nice to work on the lake
Pros
on the lake
Cons
seasonal work
Contract Job. Was a great place to work. Unfortunately the production was moved out of Canada.
PROJECT CONTROL LEAD (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 April 2012
aucun
Technicien des équipements de forage (Former Employee) –  eastmain25 March 2014
bon salaire la qualite du support technique la flexibilite des heures de travailler en equipe avec des gens competents
Pros
loger nourris
Cons
eloignements
mauvaise evaluation
technicien routier (Former Employee) –  Chateauguay, QC31 August 2013
appres 1.75 annee de travail pour cette compagnie et de travail sans training on te mais de cote sans de bonne raison
Pros
bon salaire
Cons
favoritisme