Sandvik

Sandvik Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Opportunity to work in a new industry.
Training Manager (Former Employee), Fairlawn, New JerseyNovember 19, 2014
Pros: international travel
Developed training programs, schedules, communicated with the intenational arms of the organization, traveled to Europe. Met people of different cultures, in a way that I had not before. Coworkers all professionals. Difficulty in understanding the technologies.
Good company
Workshop Trade Assistant (Former Employee), Mt IsaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good managment
easy going company
payes well
good people to work for
looked after by higher up
Was a great place to work until closure
Quality Inspector. (Former Employee), Wolverhampton, ENGOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great working conditions and superb wages
Cons: total closure as moving work to india
Enjoyed my time working for Sandvik until we were closed.Top engineering firm with great working conditions and wages
gained many skills
Screener line assembly worker (Former Employee), swadlincoteOctober 10, 2014
Gained many skills in quarry machinery and assembly enviroment
SANDVIK Team Spirit
CNC Operator (Former Employee), SwadlincoteSeptember 10, 2014
Sandvik is a busy company. i learned process to produce a crushers and screeners parts. Perfect team work with management and co-workers learn me to make job more save, more productive and more friendly.
good place and fun
Waste Water Operator (Former Employee), Oregon City, ORSeptember 1, 2014
treat the waste water then help out were ever i was need
sandblasting
good management got along and they support their operators
no issue with coworker all easy to work with
the job was easy no real issue
Productive workplace
Junior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPAugust 20, 2014
I liked so much to work in Sandvik. It is a good company and I could learn a lot with my team and achieve our goals.
being a storeman sandvik wearhouse
storeman (Former Employee), Boksburg, GPAugust 5, 2014
Pros: on a stork count
Cons: 12 hours a day
sandvik, i loved working there actually i miss working there,, when i first arrived at sandvik i got the warmth everyone was happy to have us,, we where given a training for the job, we where asked if we had any qualifications so to be used,, withing hours we where able to work on our own,,because of a proper training we got,,,my co-workers where super – more... they where like my siblings,,my management was like a brother you can go and have a chat with anytime office was open to anyone who had ideas,,,thats where i used my ideas,,the most enjoyable part was when i was working alone,,,like in holidays and weekends,,,to show my superiors that i can manage alone,,the hardest part at work is when we had to sit and do nothing,,,if the was nothing to do – less
ok
machinest (Former Employee), West Branch, MIJuly 31, 2014
ok place to work if you know the right people most of the co worker where nice management was ok
Experienced metallurgist in steel manufacture and application
Welding engineer (Current Employee), Shanghai, ChinaJune 25, 2014
Experienced metallurgist with 1.5-years background in steel manufacture and production, 3-years of materials engineer in Siemens Gas Turbine and 1.5 welding engineer in Sandvik Material Technology.
exciteing company to work for with room for advancement
press operator (Former Employee), westmenster,scJune 17, 2014
Pros: great wages and incentives
Cons: health care
great place to work and learn and advance and good wages with state of the art machines and great work teams in work cells and this company will supply the tools you need to get the job done right
Good company. International interests not favouring South Africa.
Manufacturing and Technical Manager (Former Employee), Krugersdorp, GPJune 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits (pension, carscheme, medical, canteen)
Cons: international interests came first. local interests not considered.
Good technical company. High integrity and focus on safety and quality. Results very important but direction from international management not always in touch with regional challenges. Downturn in worldwide mining activities and resultant loss of work forced management to take drastic action, and they opted to close manufacturing facilities all over – more... the world and moved work to a few of the larger factories.
Work was technically challenging. – less
VERY BUSY AT TIMES
PLASMA NESTER (Current Employee), Swadlincote, ENGMay 29, 2014
START AT 7.30AM KEEP BUSY UNTIL 4.30PM THE COMPANY CAN BESO BUSY THERE IS NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY THE MANAGEMENT ARE RUSHING AROUND ALL DAY
Informative, task driven
Process Engineer/CNC Machine Specialist (Former Employee), Krugersdorp, GPMay 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: phoned at home alot from employees needing help.
Sandvik was a excellent learning curve for me personally whereby management shared the cumulative skills to improve my understanding of running a business. Tasks were delegated to myself to help improve company overall output which was task driven and enjoyable. Sometimes pressures of certain tasks did take a toll on my abilities to deliver but most – more... employees were there to relieve some of those pressures. Most employees were helpful and wanted to learn which is great for team spirit. – less
busy and productive day
data clerk (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 14, 2014
Pros: international exposure
Cons: not as challenging as i would have liked it to be
I get to work and check if all the jobs for the previous day were done and check if the correct parts were drawn out of the stores.
Then I start capturing the service papers the completed.
I work closely with the supervisors and the maintentance manager in order for me to know what services are done and will be planned.
The hardest part is to try and – more... talk to the artisans about how important it is to complete the paperwork.
I enjoy my job because it is my first real job and I am learning alot about the co operate world. – less
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Tooling Design Engineer (Current Employee), FAIR LAWN, NJMay 8, 2014
VERY NICE PLACE TO WORK. i DONT WANT TO TELL MORE ABOUT THIS COMPANY
HARD WORK, BUT WELL REWARDED IN THE END
DRILL RIG MAINTENANCE FOREMAN, SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), LYDENBURG, LIME ACRES, GHANA AFRICAApril 21, 2014
Pros: bonusses
Cons: shifts and long hours
RELAXED ENVIRONMENT, NEED TO BE HANDS ON AND ALERT, CO WORKERS ARE FRIENDLY AND REASONABLE AS WELL AS MANAGEMENT. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS TO SATISFY THE CLIENTS NEEDS, AND I ENJOYED BEING REWARDED WHEN THE CLIENT WAS HAPPY AND THEIR NEEDS MET
good experience in vibrating screens & wire meshes
sales & purchase (Current Employee), Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.March 1, 2014
Pros: dream to work in sandvik
Cons: dream to be a part of sandvik
I am working in champion mfg co and looking for job change. I am having 6 years and plus experience in vibrating screens and wire meshes. Good knowledge to deal with the customer belongs to this field.
Paint Sprayer (Current Employee), Swadlincote, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: gave opportunities for training
I have only been here a short time, the job has been enjoyable, my co-workers have been helpful and friendly. I have learnt new skills in spraying larger components. The company is re-siting there production site and there will be no longer a suitable job there.
Not the easiest place to work - lots of pressure with no appreciation
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Phalaborwa, LPFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: overime gets paid out for supervisors
Cons: long hours at work
Hard work and commitment
Learn to work with people under pressure to get the job done
Management interfere with artisans jobs and make supervisors insignificant
Workers committed and work long hours
To keep the customer happy
To see that hard work pay off

1 2 3 4

About Sandvik

Sandvik Coromant Company's tools are run of the mill -- that is, they help the mill run. One of three core businesses of Sweden-based – Read more