Sandvik Mining and Construction

Sandvik Mining and Construction Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional working environment
Site Administrator (Former Employee), Boksburg, GPSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: easy going, professional working environment, easy hours
Cons: if you work away from hq, on site, it can get lonely
As a creature of habit, I enjoyed the 'safe' environment Sandvik provided for me. I enjoyed working with helpful, friendly and easy-going co-workers from all nationalities and learned a lot from them and also from my Site Manager that was my immediate boss at the time.
The hardest part of the job was feeling isolated from our head office and therefore – more... not really part of the bigger organization. (We were situated 68kms away from head office in Boksburg on a mining site.)
The most enjoyable part was knowing what is expected of me, accomplishing my goals every week and the amazing co-workers I was surrounded by every day. – less
The people I worked with were great.
Workshop Labourer (Former Employee), BraodmeadowSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great work team
Cons: close the shop down.
I was a MR Truck driver and I loaded and unloaded the trucks that came into the yard. I cleaned the lunch room and kept the shed clean and safe. I learnt about stock taking and tally all the stock. I learnt to use a band saw and change blade and do general maintenance of the equipment that was used. The management were very fair and understanding. Co – more... workers were great and we enjoyed the mateship of the team. the hardest part was when the shop closed down. The most enjoyable was that all the guys were great to work with. – less
Very productive
field technician (Former Employee), Mpumalanga, ZNSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed the field working . I have learned a lot on all sandvik trackless mining equipment.
Very Good
MDM Engineer (Current Employee), SwadlincoteAugust 20, 2014
All new skills were learned in this position and re-enforced skills already possessed, A wide variety of tasked were completed each and every day while employed, managament was really good in the department I worked in, The hardest part of the job was turning the computer off when clocking off time came.
Fun and interesting workplace
Fitter (Current Employee), Brits, NWFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: long hour
Get job cards and complete each days tasks within my shift if not possible I stayed on to finish my work.
Learned a lot on the machine's hydraulics and fault finding.
My co-workers was very nice to work with they created a pleasant atmosphere.
Good work environment, anthing you need to do your job was provided
Assembler (Former Employee), Alachua, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: pto, holiday pay
Cons: work depends on world economy and marketplace
Clock in, go to safety meeting , check cranes then go to work. I learned many different assembles for my job. The team leaders were always helpful with anything you needed. Most all co-worker were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was when I worked the second shift.
Teamwork and fun
project coordinator (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: car allowanace, cellphone, medical, pension, work independantly
Cons: long hours, traveling
First thing is to phone all my technicians to accumulate the previous day's issues. React on any of the customers requirements. Issue daily instructions and request feedback. Assist with new global workshop which needs to be up and running by the end of January. Request quotes from suppliers for forklifts,oil seprators, labour brokers for storeman, – more... and spray painters.
Handle warranty claims from customers. Plan delivery schedule of new machines and allocate different techs to machines. Request clocking history and monitor field service bakkies on Virgil tracker.Attend daily production meeting on re-build machine deliveries, Arrange transport for machines to be delivered to customers.Customer sign off meeting of new machines being delivered.
Arrange accommodation for techs sleeping out who are working on different mine sites.
Recearch and development on new products to be manufactured.
Arrange training for technicians. – less
Productive and open for new challenges
Production Worker (Former Employee), Swadlincote, ENGJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: night working hours, high wages
Cons: insulting foreigners
For 2 years and 5 months I worked the night shift. At Sandvik did exchange a forklift truck, crane operator and the exchange rate shot blaster. In the absence of a superior, replaced him in activities. I was very happy with his work, was doing it conscientiously and thoroughly. Lack of objectivity on the part of my superiors and aversion to foreigners – more... led to the fact that I'm currently unemployed – less
You must worked hard and relax after work
Product Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Tanzania BulyanhuluNovember 28, 2013
Pros: praise your staff for the days work
Cons: sometimes long hours
Going under ground with a cage or landcruser after breakfast or dinner.You must adapt to all people other wise you make it difficult for your self.You must know how to managed a team and a person as such.Try to know each and every one of your co-workers very well.To keep all happy with their salary.After a days hardworking and coming out of the mine – more... and all the machines you work on is runing without any problems. – less
Good people
Product support technician (Current Employee), Alachua, FLNovember 21, 2013
Pros: travel to different countries
Cons: pay, too much travel, not enought benifits
This job has been very benificial to my pesonal developement. My colleguse are very knowledgble in thier respective fields and are very open with that knowledge.
Internship for Master's thesis
Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee), 上海市, C23October 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low payment
It was a good experience to learn how an international corporation operates everyday.
A lot of data analysis skills were improved during the internship, especially for the MS Excel.
Work atmosphere was generally good there.
The payment for internship was rather low comparing to the same position in Finland.
PRODUCTIVE AND ENJOYABLE WORK PLACE
FITTER (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWJune 2, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: normal hours and overtime
I REPORT TO THE ANGLO SITE AND AS A CONTRACTOR TO ANGLO TO DO MAINTENANCE ON TRACKLESS MINING MACHINE.I LEARNED A LOT DURING MY EXPERIENCE, AND MOST IMPORTANT LESSON I LENT IS IF A MACHINE IS NOT GETTING ALRIGHT ANGER IS NOT THE SOLUTION.THE CO-WORKERS ARE SUPPORTIVE.CHANGING THE TRANSMISSION WHEN I FIRST JOINT THE COMPANY,IT WAS A VERY HARD JOB TO – more... DO.FINDING THE SOLUTION OF THE PROBLEM ON THE MACHINE IS THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB – less
Large Global company with secure job structures and flexible time.
EHS Manager Audits and Risk Assessments (Current Employee), Perth Western AustraliaMay 24, 2013
Pros: car allowance
Cons: annual salary adjustments
Responsible for the ISO certification of the company via the scheduling of auditors to conduct pre audits on all mines and constructions sites in region APC. Assisting all other EHS Managers in developing procedures and Risk Assessments on Machines and Equipment.
Also a Global Lead Auditor, traveling the globe to conduct audits on some of the 142 countries...

Have – more... done some good courses in EHS, QA and Environmental systems auditing. Completing a pre graduate Risk Management Diploma for Mining Professionals with the University of Queensland.

Have been working without a Regional EHS Manager for about two years, so not much about Management..

Working with a fantastic EHS Team and colleagues! Always available and helpful 24/7

There is basically no hard part of this job, just need to stay on top of all legislation changes.

The most enjoyable would be the opportunity to see other countries and the ability to work flexible time.. – less
Productive and growing.
Storeman / Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), Burgersfort, Limpopo/MpumalangaApril 17, 2013
I've learned how to deal with customers, manage pressure and different kinds of moving machinery parts.

I'm a team player, i enjoy meeting new challenges which some are within my co-workers, as they make me stronger and learn from them.

When explaining the mistakes done by my co-worker to the management.

When binning the received stock that the enjoyable – more... part of my job, also part of admin. – less
Interesting and challenging workplace
Global pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Qantas DriveMarch 12, 2013
Communicating with various market areas including Europe, Australia and Asia.
Monitor factors affecting pricing including cost changes, currency exchange fluctionations and the stability of the market place.
challenging and interesting place to be
Team leader (Current Employee), JohannesburgMarch 8, 2013
Pros: production bonus
Cons: long hours
Always strive to reach the targets
Team player, machine operator
Team leader for two years now
Pushing the guys to do more
I love it when I reach my targets
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Bristol, VAFebruary 5, 2013
Performed process improvements in machining areas. Made suggestions and justified capital investment projects.
easy and relaxed
Assembly Tech Level (Former Employee), Brier Hill, PAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: management not the smartest
it was not a bad co. to work for. the work was not that hard. it got dirty at times and a little noisy.
Productive but not very fun camp conditions
Shift Leader (Current Employee), HarareDecember 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches and accomodation
Cons: long hours
At work i will be busy carrying out preventive work to maximise production.I leant that hard work pays.I just got promoted in recognation of hard work.My co-workers have team sprit.The most difficult part of the job is when availability of machines falls and the vise vesa is true.
productive environment
Production team member (Former Employee), SwadlincoteOctober 23, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: low pay
Working for sandvik was good for learning new skills, it was a friendly place, and challenging work.