The Room Attendant position with Sands Hotel is responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, hallways, and public areas in the hotel. Responsibilities include: servicing guest rooms daily in accordance with hotel procedures, stocking cart with room supplies, and replacing bed linens and replenishing guest room supplies. This position requires strong attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form, and the ability to bend, lift, and be standing or walking all day.
- Maintain guestrooms, meeting rooms and public spaces
- Flipping inspecting mattresses, box springs and bed frame assembling
- Vacuuming behind and underneath furniture
- Spot cleaning carpets and upholstery
- Touching up paint
- Ensuring all necessary hardware and appliances are present and in working condition
- Replace light fixtures
- Inspecting and repairing grout and caulking
- Maintain, repair and clean all guestrooms in accordance with Sands Hotel maintenance producers and standard guidelines.
- Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as but not limited to: tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs and patching holes in walls.
- Perform general cleaning of all guestroom surfaces such as but not limited to: bathroom tub, wall tie, floors, walls, windows and mirrors.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings and/or safety hazards immediately to your manager.
- Must have a clean, professional appearance
- Must be welcoming and acknowledging to all guests
- Address any guests needs
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Team orientated
- Must be able to reach overhead, bend, twist, pull and stoop
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- This is an hourly position
- This position is available part-time and full-time
- This position is great for students
- Full-time Agents must be available for morning, mid-day and evening shifts
- Wednesday to Sunday position
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper