Sandoz

Sandoz Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
POOR MANAGEMENT
Packager (Current Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great pay great benefits
Cons: poor management supervisor short breaks no off with family ..all bout money not about family.
poor management, poor planning ,poor work planning , not professional ...too many white collar ..too many flaws .don't handle situation professional , supervisor ,manager have picks in keeping a busy going no matter how many mistakes that person made but they keep it cover up.....compensation/ benefits are great . the hardest part of this job is being – more... a GOOD WORKER A TEAM PLAYER. AS LONG YOU IN THIS GAME YOU WILL KEEP YOUR JOB IF NOT YOU WILL LOSE YOUR JOB NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK..JUST WATCH . MANY PEOPLE LEFT THIS PLACE BC OF LACK OF MANAGEMENT PUTTING PEOPLE OVER PEOPLE WITH SENIORITY..YOU WILL NOT BE RECONIZE IN THIS PLACE..I LOVE WORKING WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE FAIR ,HONESTY . I LEARNED NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK U ARE SECOND BEST. I RATE THIS SANDOZ CO. *** STARS:{....IT SUCK!!!!!!! IF I HAD TO RATE BEST PHARM IT WILL NOT BE THIS COMPANY I WOULDNT BUT MEDICINE FROM THIS CO . I WOULDNT RECOMEND MY FAMILY TO THIS COMPANY. – less
production is always come first. we used to celebrate always when we met our targets.
technical operator (Former Employee), Isando, GPSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: they some times offer free lunch and incentives
Cons: the work hours are good, they follow labour laws.
there were some days which were so difficult at work; i remember some days when i was working at compression doing a product called bezafibrate it is one of sandoz products which is difficult to compress, due friability and the paste which is a binding substance most of the time it does mix well as a result ; it make some sport ,make the final product – more... to fail dt ,hardness and friability. that taught to be carefull especially with such kinds of products ,to make sure that when im at granulation i produce good and such a quality that doesnt give problems at compresssion. one of the difficults i found was to work for a almost ten year as contractor. we were signing a contract every year. the work environment is good there machine are up to standard. used to enjoy working these machine. the culture is good no discrimination and the people work together in unite most of the times. – less
An unhealthy place to work with no respect for its employees
Technical (Former Employee), Broomfield, COAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: cancerous culture
Due to a restructuring exercise at my previous employer, I was looking for work and was hired by Sandoz, Broomfield. I honestly considered the interview as a "practice interview" and was surprised when they offered me the position. I believe that's more indicative of their desperation and inability to find qualified people than my shining interview – more... skills. I got a significant pay cut, but figured it was acceptable as I'd have the opportunity to learn new job skills and it was adequate to make ends meet. Once hired, I found a condescending culture that trivialized the humanity of he employees. Production workers were regularly working mandatory overtime on weekends with only 3 days off per month. Professional employees were treated like pawns who were assigned to tasks outside their skill areas and expected to perform at a high level despite lacking the background. Work weeks were 50 hours or more with mandatory on-call. Every technical worker was issued a company cell phone which they were expected to answer 24/7, even on vacations. Responding to e-mails on the company laptop or coming in at off-hours was routine. Even with all that insanity, I had it better than most. This past year, performance reviews were horrible for the vast majority of the staff. Many co-workers I considered exceptional performers were rated poorly (i.e., "needs improvement") despite putting in long hours and delivering results to meet unrealistic schedules. This poor reviews appeared to be a twisted attempt at motivation. I had managers scream and yell at me, threaten to cancel vacations, and publicly humiliate me. I'd never, ever experienced this behavior anywhere in my 30 years of professional employment.

I left within a few years (my choice, not theirs) for a position with another local company. My new employer has high expectations, but respects its employees and creates a positive environment to try to maintain morale. This type of atmosphere has been true of every position I've had in my career with one exception - Sandoz, Broomfield. – less
High stress lower reward culture
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Melville, NYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high pressure environment
Sandoz, has an extremely high turn over rate. The average employee survives only a few years. On call seven days a week in a very high pressure environment.
productive place to work and fun
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Broomfield, COAugust 11, 2014
Pros: cafeitera
Cons: no time for family
productive and fun place to workbut im looking to relocate to grand junction
Horrible
Northeast District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great national trip
Cons: too much territory
Huge 5 state territory. Co-workers were great, but I was in way over my head at such a young age, but I was able to do I great job. Traveled Sunday through Friday every week and after 2 years was burned out.
Good conditions - Traditional environment
SALES ANALYST (Former Employee), Madrid, MDJune 10, 2014
Good conditions.
Traditional environment.
Lack of training although good exposure to senior management.
Equal focus on daily reporting than on medium term.
Management Sucks
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Wilson, NCMay 15, 2014
Pros: they finally got a cafeteria
Cons: poor management, leads thinking they the manager, unorganized, backstabbing
Ive worked here twice as a temp.. The first time I loved working here. Great pay and great coworkers and supervisor. They got a new Manager over the production area towards the end and things got bad. The second time I was there they had new management but it was still bad. The leads thought they were management. The supervisor was not right for that – more... position. A lot of favoritism out there and backstabbing. – less
Good industry with learning envoirnment
Senior Medical information Officer (Former Employee), Gujranwala pakistanApril 17, 2014
A good work place to learn and work in a multidimensional ways in pharmaceutical industries,that i like the most.
If you like been treated like a tool this is the place you for
Technician (Current Employee), Broomfield ColoradoFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: director, hr, management, they are a joke
possible the worst company you could work you for. It was such a better place to work when it was Geneva where you were treated with respect not treated like a tool or being threatened of your job on a day to day.
Great company to start my pharmaceutical career at.
Medical Sales Representative and Sales Manager (Former Employee), Durban, ZNNovember 16, 2013
Pros: sandoz- great training, restan/ mer- national- good money, good sales team.
Cons: sandoz- nothing actually. restan/ mer- national- pressure
Detailing of doctors in a specified territory. I called on various specialties including physicians, psychiatrists, obstetricians and general practitioners.
I learned a lot about the industry and how it functioned and underwent extensive ongoing product training.
It was a conservative very ethically run company which was great because they attracted – more... a high caliber sales force.
The hardest part I guess was getting to grips with all the product knowledge in the initial stages.
Best part was seeing prescriptions being written. This review is for Sandoz up till now.

Restan and Mer National (same company) was a combination of calling on doctors and pharmacies. I learned to work on commission only, and for a high pressure company.
I was promoted to management guiding a very successful State team to top producers 4 years in a row.
It was tough working under the pressure, but it was great to get the results. – less
Fun productive place to work, hard at the same time.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), broomfield,coNovember 6, 2013
The co workers are great and helpful
I learned about tablets and safety
hardest part is all the cleaning
the most enjoyable part is if it runs it runs good
work/ life balance
Microbiologist (Former Employee), Mahad, MHSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short hours
as we know the popularity of sandoz . it will give a good benifits in future.
Sandoz
Raw Materials Chemist III (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJuly 24, 2013
the days are busy, the coworkers are great. new management has made working more difficult
PRODUCTIVE
TECHNICAL OPERATOR (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPJuly 23, 2013
Pros: perfomance bonuses and team building workshops
Cons: long weekend overtime hours and working on holidays
LOTS OF OVERTIME AND REWORKS BUT ENSURING PRODUCTIVE TARGETS ARE MET.STRICT ON TIMEKEEPING DRESS CODE AND PERSONAL HYGIENE.ADHERING TO GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTISES AND HIGH SAFETY STANDARDS ARE SET FOR ALL EMPLOYEES.
Sandoz Broomfield CO is the worst place to work .
Manager Finish Dosage/Packaging Operations (Former Employee), Broomfield, COApril 5, 2013
Cons: work environment, services, hr, management . this place suck!!!!
Im a former operations manager- In my 25 years of pharmaceutical experience this is the most unprofessional , disrespectful , slave driving place I ever worked.
High pressure - time sensitive completion
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Broomfield, COMarch 12, 2013
Pros: occasional free lunch from vendor visit
Cons: never enough time
Constant communication between departments to ensure minimal plant/production disruptions
unorganized place to work.
Manufacturing Compression Operator (Former Employee), wilson,ncFebruary 21, 2013
searching for parts to set up or end of batch change overs. learned how to run a Fette machine. Management wasn't that good. I had great co-wokers.
Good pay, lots of hours, changing work environment
Packaging Technician (Current Employee), Broomfield, COFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: great prescription benefit plan. always get 40 hours in a week.
Cons: too many saturday shifts. high expectations.
Typical work week is 48 hours. Rarely get a free Saturday. Management changes about once per year. Get to setup and troubleshoot machines, but cleaning the rooms is not enjoyable.
Intern (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 12, 2013
Great place to work if you like a 9-5 job. Good management and culture. Traditional style.

1 2 3

About Sandoz

Sandoz Inc. makes it easier to swallow the cost of prescription medicines. As the US arm of Swiss giant Novartis' generic Sandoz – Read more