Sandman Hotel Employee Reviews

Repetative and hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2017
I really liked the work but too repetative for me..The boss was very understanding and easy to work for..I got alongwith the people I was working for cause I am a team player.
Cons
long and hard hours for cheap pay
Not the best place to work
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2017
This company did not give me a good experience. Things were promised that didn't happen, upper management needs some work. Not a team working place. Full of negative people.

Hardest part of the job was having to defend a hotel that needed repairs. The property is old and run down, the pricing for what you get in the older building was not fair to the guests.

While working there I had to fight to get my breaks, most days I did not get them.

Workplace culture was horrible, everyone was cranky and hated their job.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Didn't get breaks, poor management, promises broken
interesting
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
I worked doing house keeping for this lovely hotel. Had to vacuum and clean rooms before guest checked in. As well collecting laundry from rooms for washing.
a good place to work,if some corporate funds were put into upgrades to this particular sandman one could be proud to be employed there
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC17 June 2017
friendly relaxed work environment, there are lots of repetitive maintenance issues ,example plumbing, roof repairs, lots of empty space that could be utilised for functions
Pros
great fellow employees
Cons
building needs major upgrades/repairs/facelift
Good start out job but is not meant to be a permanent career
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 June 2017
Overall it was a good place to work if you like being a bit sheltered away from interactions with others. I, personally, would much rather prefer to be around more people and to be able to socialize. Very supportive people, flexible hours and a great team to work with.
Enjoyable
House Keeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
This Job is what got me here today, the experience in cleanness in a hotel. I learned a lot from the team there as well as the managers worked with me. I got to more than just to rooms.
Great place to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 March 2017
Great environment to work, if you like working on your own and occasionally assisting other teammates this is a great job. You are assigned your own set of rooms and given two breaks in between cleanings to rest a bit. It's an easy job, but requires a lot of movement. Most enjoyable part of the job was when you were rotated you normally got to clean the lobby and assist with rooms which was a nice break from regular room cleanings. Hardest part of the job is stripping the beds and making them.
sandman hotel was very good and i have good experince from it.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 March 2017
i was working in the sandman hotel. The manager was very cooperative and nice in nature.I am very hardworking and i did such a good job in the hotel. we started early in the morning and work was full time. i worked monday to friday from 9am to 6pm. my hourly wage was 15 dollar per hour. All my benefits were covered.
Pros
lunch free
Cons
hard to manage time
very fun work place
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2017
busy location gog go noe stop from hockey game nights to concerts to group tours , always something different the staff and guest are amazing and i really enjoy my day at work.
Pros
hockey games
good job
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  okanagan vally23 February 2017
good place to work people are friendly, Management are accepting to work pressures. the building is in good condition and the guests are good
Working environment is fantastic
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 December 2016
Very nice place to work with. Managements are professional and helpful. They help me to boost my confidence, especially in handling guests complains.
I enjoy doing what I do
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
On a typical day I do my work with a good attitude as much as I can and strive to do the best job I can and work quickly to get done in the time I'm given. The hours range from 3 hours to 8 hours a day depending on how busy. It is a good place to work and I get along with almost all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is pleasing my supervisor and climbing the stairs in the morning to stock my cart. The best part is when I'm done for the day and I see that I didn't have to go back and fix a mistake and I finished on time.
Pros
Free KFC on occassion
Cons
No elevators
Castelgar - Housekeeping & Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC24 January 2016
management and co-workers are great. Low turnover.
pay is reasonable
management sets clear and realistic goals and recognizes good performance.
Pros
good pay
Cons
low hours in off season
housekeeping
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2016
was very fun to work in housekeeping was able to learn and be with team memebers and loved making the costumers feel at thome
Good Experience
Banquet Captain/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2015
The best part about this job was interacting with the hotel guests that come and go. I also learnt a great amount of customer service and why it is important to go above and beyond for a guest/client. After working at the front desk for a while, I moved onto working in the banquet rooms. Banquets were stressful at times trying to please the clients, but it wasn't stressful everyday.
Pros
Customer Service experience
Cons
The odd rude guest
It was great
Setter (Former Employee) –  BC17 August 2015
Working with Sandman company was a great experience. -Banquet halls
-Cleanup work place
-Vacuum
-Mop
-Clean dishes
-Organize cutlery
-Set up halls as requested
-Take down halls as requested
-Clean washrooms
new experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  calgary alberta20 October 2014
made beds, cleaned rooms, stocked carts , a new experience.
Pros
reginition
Cons
not enough rooms to clean
nOTHING
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2014
It was a nice place and beautiful. I have learned to make bed nicely and beautiful.
Cons
A pleasant experience, with an unfortunate end.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2014
A typical day at work started at midnight and ended at 8 am. I was responsible for accurately closing daily balances for the front desk, restaurant and bar.

I learned the value of a competent and helpful staff behind you makes all the difference.

I felt the management could've done more to ensure the general well being of it's employees as well being more honest with them.

My co-workers really tried to do the best they could with what they knew and were generally very friendly people.

The hardest part of the job was having to work really long hours mostly.
Pros
employment
Cons
long hours, mediocre managment
Très bon salaire et bonne équipe
Directrice de nuit (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC17 January 2014
C'était mon emploi d'étudiante, mais je n'ai pas pu m'empêcher d'y rester!