Sander Geophysics

Sander Geophysics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Gym, Noon hour volleyball, yoga and spanish classes for those interested.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: 3 month vacation each autumn, camaraderie with collegues in hangar
Cons: very low wages for work required (long periods overseas in poor working and living conditions), extreme micro-managing, poor decision making habits in management, impression that employees are expendible, etc.
A low stress company to work for when stationed at the Ottawa base/hangar. Life in the hangar is steady with few pressing deadlines and a wide variety of work. I arrive at 7am, have a half hour lunch and leave at 3pm. The mechanics share good camaraderie, and I have been given the task of crew chief on many heavy maintenance projects. Hangar management is laid back and we all generally get along. The most difficult part of the job is being sent out of country on field projects for 2 - 3 months at a time, but in doing so I am able to take 3 months vacation every autumn.

The hangar/aircraft maintenance department is somewhat like its own entity at times. Outside the hangar the company management is poor. Low wages, poor decision making, promising clients services they cannot deliver and often very poor living conditions on field projects makes an employee feel unimportant and under appreciated. Due to these poor habits and extreme micro-managing, there is much animosity throughout the company towards management.
The position was internal technician support role, I worked in a team, reported to my manager, responsibility of over 200 desktops and 100 laptops,
System Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2013
 Successfully and completed the network upgrade project with teammates, set up new router and switch, changed all cables and connector, increase the LAN speed from 100M to 1G
 Built new system with different PC components base on employee requirement
 Resolved all the hardware and software problems, prepared the device as needed
 Installed the new system and upgraded exist system
 Successfully provided technology support for the internal employee
 Managed the user information on the server, improved the safety of employee account
 All my co-workers were very friendly, I respect them and learned from them.
 This job was the real good experience close to what I was looking for, it brought me much more confidence and happy time