The Marketing Director is the senior leader of all marketing activity that promotes all aspects of the Resort that includes all print, advertising, promotions, radio and special events. Additionally the Marketing Director oversees the gift shop and oasis club for the overall service delivery ensuring customer standards are delivered and adhered to in accordance with our Mission Vision and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in establishing marketing plan to ensure share of market and profitability of products and/ or services
- Executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion
- Communicates with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns both on site and off
- Prepares marketing and guest services activity reports
- Monitors and evaluates marketing budgets and usage while ensuring goals and objectives are adhered too
- Assists in planning and monitoring, advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic, and direct mail outlets
- Evaluates market reactions to advertising programs, merchandising policy, and product packaging and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Leads writers, artists and graphic design team in all copywriting, design, layout, and production of promotional materials
- Qualifies, visits, and deals with vendors as needed with respect to pricing, terms and conditions including ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Assist department managers in planning marketing strategies and objectives
- Researches and coordinates new advertising opportunities by researching and conducting surveys to obtain market information about other organizations products and services
- Assists in planning organizational advertising and promotion activities, overseeing production of promotional materials, and coordinating advertising schedules and placements
- Assists in the planning of various public relations events, programs, trade shows, and attends as necessary, South Beach Casino & Resort programs
- Manages and orders all inventory as necessary or required
- Oversees and assists Gift Shop Manager in all phases of operations and merchandising, buying and marketing
- Responds to customer compliments and concerns as needed in relationship to all marketing to resolve problems to restore and promote good public relations
- Trains, develops and coaches Managers and staff as needed or required
- Responsible for promoting positive customer image
- Approves invoices for payment of merchandise purchased in department
- Creates new accounts and updates information to allow patrons to play the electronic games
- Provides customer service to patrons and guests
- Supervises the staffing, budgetary, and training process to the specific departments policies, department procedures, and job duties
- Other duties as assigned and could include overall casino management
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
As Marketing Director you will have over 5 years’ experience in a Casino marketing department while managing a team, which includes front line as well as graphic design department. With strong communication and organizational skills accompanied with a creative imagination you are able to meet customers’ needs and create repeat business through a player program that ultimately generates revenue. Your proven savvy allows you to build relationships with suppliers and vendors in addition to guests and patrons. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and MAC functions is required, with some secondary education. Financial experience in developing and adhering to budgets.
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Manitoba Gaming Control Commission.
Our mission is simple–to provide expert and professional service and an entertainment experience that exceeds our guests’ expectations.