The Security/Surveillance Director leads, manages and initiates programs, policies and practices that protect the assets of the casino and impact the health and safety of all employees, guests and patrons established by senior management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hires, trains and manages a team of up to fifty that includes security, surveillance and valet
- Provides friendly customer service while working the casino and resort floor in addition to special events
- Builds relationships with all levels of the organization while maintaining lines of communication with other departments that are interdepartmental related
- Conducts staff meetings as needed or necessary
- Develops and performance manages as necessary for succession planning including delivery of all staff reviews
- Supports and assists the Director of Operations on long and short term strategies and initiatives that include policies and procedures
- Schedules team members appropriately for overall guest, property and employee protection and asset protection
- Keeps abreast of all new security and First Aid procedures outlined by provincial regulating laws
- Resource training facilities or personnel for all security officer license and First Aid training as deemed necessary by provincial justice department
- Maintains all first aid supplies
- Develop and implement Emergency Response Plan
- Stays up to date on all games
- Writes reports and investigates as needed or required
- Regularly conducts random checks and ad hoc reporting
- Maintains and keeps updated list of evicted guests
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets and capital expenditures
- Manages all lost and found for guest satisfaction and protection
- Monitors for overall compliance to provincial gaming and alcohol service laws
- Administers all necessary documentation both online and offline for employees, finance and regulatory affairs
- Undertakes special projects and activities as requested
Responsible for leading and managing up to 50 personal in day to day functions for overall employee, guest and patron safety. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Requirements
As a Security/Surveillance Director you excel at communication while always being able to see the big picture and anticipate issues or concerns across the entire casino. Ideally you have a Law Enforcement Degree or in related field, and at least five years security experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of surveillance equipment including cameras is preferable. Leadership experience leading a diverse team through and with critical situations over a 24/7 period is necessary. Current knowledge in provincial justice laws, up to date First Aid and strong understanding of responsible alcohol usage are necessary or may be willing to obtain. Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; additionally, time and attendance web based programs. Prior experience developing and adhering to budgets with strong analytical and problem solving skills are also required.
All Management personnel, including supervisors are also held accountable in these critical areas as appropriate:
Customer Service: Role models the behavior necessary for overall customer satisfaction and support of repeat business by providing excellent customer service, dealing with complaints or inquires in a timely professional way that supports the mission, vision and values and the owner groups good will.
Organizational/Job Knowledge: Possesses current knowledge to successfully perform the job; may be regarded as an expert in the technical/function area and uses other resources when appropriate. Knows the business and understands the relevant issues, task, responsibility or relationship of role to the organization.
Organizational Strategy: Manages to profitability and makes decisions that enhance the organization’s financial status. Defines the standards and emphasizes the need to deliver quality services and products. Anticipates and takes action to meet customer needs and/or searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction.
Leadership: Provides direction, sets clear priorities, and clarifies responsibilities for all team members on a regular basis. Respond timely and appropriately on all employee relations, concerns, queries and other complex issues. Coach, lead, teach and develop staff by giving timely feedback, challenging assignments and developmental opportunities.
Foster Teamwork: Builds strong teams committed to organizational goals and conducive to teamwork by encouraging collaboration among team members and hiring the right people. Implements and supports all resort programs such as: training, marketing, employee recognition, for employee engagement, internal promotions, transfers and tenure.
Communication: Communicates relevant and important information with others as appropriate. Speaks clearly, fosters open communication, listens to others, and prepares effective written communication.
Self-management Skills: Acts with integrity by building trust, showing consistency in behavior, living our values, ethically, and following through on commitments. Demonstrates with confidence the ability to adjust and change agenda based on the multiple diverse needs of resort and team while using sound judgment.
Interpersonal Skills: Builds positive work relationships by displaying organizational savvy, understanding the agenda and perspective of others while influencing others through collaboration. Manage disagreements and disputes by bringing issues into the open in an attempt to resolve in a positive supportive manner. Values diversity and shows appreciation for each person skills and abilities, regardless of the individual’s background (i.e. race, gender, age, disability, etc.).
Administrative Skills: Empowers and delegate others by establishing plans, systems and processes for best efficiency and coordination of work. Regularly follows up and removes obstacles for the achievement of all goals, deliverables within the appropriate time; including, evaluations, programs, projects, requests. Uses time productively.
Health & Safety: Supports all Health & Safety initiatives for the safety of all guests, patrons, visitors and employees by staying up to date on changes, implementing processes that encourage safety, following up on accidents and near-miss. Works in partnership with HR as needed or required to be compliant to MB Health & Safety Act. Complies and executes all policies to team to ensure adherence.
Community Involvement: Supports the Resort’s efforts to integrate the business into the community by attending sponsored gatherings and functions as a representative of the Resort. These include but not limited to, United Way, Chamber of Commerce, round tables, festivals, charitable events, networking within profession, etc.
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Manitoba Gaming Control Commission, plus all first aid, AED and defibulator training.